Ian Somerhalder: 'Vampire Diaries' Actor Wants Damon, Stefan and Elena to Live Harmoniously in Mystic Falls
By Jenalyn Villamarin | May 22, 2014 2:43 PM EST
The finale episode of "The Vampire Diaries" Season 5 titled "Home" showed Damon (Ian Somerhalder) disappearing with Bonnie (Kat Graham) when the Other Side collapsed. The Salvatore vampire may be gone for now but it has been confirmed that he will return and actor Ian Somerhalder shared what he wants for his character in Season 6.
Actor Ian Somerhalder arrives at the 2014 People's Choice Awards in Los Angeles, California January 8, 2014.
'Supernatural' Season 9, Episode 23 ‘Do You Believe in Miracles?’ Recap/Spoilers: Dean Winchester Embraces New Kind of Life with Demon Crowley
The 35-year-old heartthrob actor initially joked in the Entertainment Weekly report that he wants the opener for "The Vampire Diaries" Season 6 to feature Damon Salvatore drinking rum in the Bahamas because the last five years have been tough for him. Then, Ian Somerhalder gave a serious answer on what he wants to happen in Season 6 even though it sounds impossible.
"Damon, Stefan, and Elena, they're all extraordinarily different people, but hopefully, what happens is that in some crazy, cohesive way, they all get to live their lives in a very harmonious way," Somerhalder shared. However, the "Vampire Diaries" actor pointed out the problem that prevents the three main characters from living harmoniously.
According to Ian, his character Damon, Stefan (Paul Wesley) and Elena (Nina Dobrev) live in Mystic Falls and harmony does not work within that scale so things will most like be jagged and rough to some extent. "There'll be bits and pieces layered in there that are going to be pretty and soft, but ultimately, if you're happy in Mystic Falls, there's no drama, and if there's no drama, there's no show," the actor explained.
Executive producer Julie Plec has confirmed in the TV Line interview that fans can still see Damon and Bonnie when the two characters return for another season. According to the Examiner report, a marketing poster has been released as well for "The Vampire Diaries" Season 6 showing Damon with Stefan and Elena.
Unfortunately, Julie Plec did not reveal how and when Damon and Bonnie will return in the CW TV series. What the TVD executive producer further teased is that the storylines on the doppelgangers will no longer materialize in the show since it has already been put to an end in Season 5.
"The Vampire Diaries" is scheduled to return to the CW Network for the brand new Season 6 in the fall.
More Articles to Read:
'Vampire Diaries' Season 6 Spoilers: New Female Character to Arrive at Mystic Falls, What Happens to Stefan, Elena and Alaric in New Season - [READ]
Paul Wesley: 'The Vampire Diaries' Actor Talks About Damon's Fate and Season 6 - [READ]
'Vampire Diaries' Season 6 Spoilers: Executive Producer Julie Plec Answers the Burning Question on Damon and Bonnie's Fate - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions