Ian Somerhalder: 'Vampire Diaries' Actor Wants Damon, Stefan and Elena to Live Harmoniously in Mystic Falls
By Jenalyn Villamarin | May 22, 2014 2:43 PM EST
The finale episode of "The Vampire Diaries" Season 5 titled "Home" showed Damon (Ian Somerhalder) disappearing with Bonnie (Kat Graham) when the Other Side collapsed. The Salvatore vampire may be gone for now but it has been confirmed that he will return and actor Ian Somerhalder shared what he wants for his character in Season 6.
Actor Ian Somerhalder arrives at the 2014 People's Choice Awards in Los Angeles, California January 8, 2014.
'Supernatural' Season 9, Episode 23 ‘Do You Believe in Miracles?’ Recap/Spoilers: Dean Winchester Embraces New Kind of Life with Demon Crowley
The 35-year-old heartthrob actor initially joked in the Entertainment Weekly report that he wants the opener for "The Vampire Diaries" Season 6 to feature Damon Salvatore drinking rum in the Bahamas because the last five years have been tough for him. Then, Ian Somerhalder gave a serious answer on what he wants to happen in Season 6 even though it sounds impossible.
"Damon, Stefan, and Elena, they're all extraordinarily different people, but hopefully, what happens is that in some crazy, cohesive way, they all get to live their lives in a very harmonious way," Somerhalder shared. However, the "Vampire Diaries" actor pointed out the problem that prevents the three main characters from living harmoniously.
According to Ian, his character Damon, Stefan (Paul Wesley) and Elena (Nina Dobrev) live in Mystic Falls and harmony does not work within that scale so things will most like be jagged and rough to some extent. "There'll be bits and pieces layered in there that are going to be pretty and soft, but ultimately, if you're happy in Mystic Falls, there's no drama, and if there's no drama, there's no show," the actor explained.
Executive producer Julie Plec has confirmed in the TV Line interview that fans can still see Damon and Bonnie when the two characters return for another season. According to the Examiner report, a marketing poster has been released as well for "The Vampire Diaries" Season 6 showing Damon with Stefan and Elena.
Unfortunately, Julie Plec did not reveal how and when Damon and Bonnie will return in the CW TV series. What the TVD executive producer further teased is that the storylines on the doppelgangers will no longer materialize in the show since it has already been put to an end in Season 5.
"The Vampire Diaries" is scheduled to return to the CW Network for the brand new Season 6 in the fall.
More Articles to Read:
'Vampire Diaries' Season 6 Spoilers: New Female Character to Arrive at Mystic Falls, What Happens to Stefan, Elena and Alaric in New Season - [READ]
Paul Wesley: 'The Vampire Diaries' Actor Talks About Damon's Fate and Season 6 - [READ]
'Vampire Diaries' Season 6 Spoilers: Executive Producer Julie Plec Answers the Burning Question on Damon and Bonnie's Fate - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Brad Pitt Still in Love with Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston, Staying with Angelina Jolie for Sake of Kids, Claims Brad's Psychic
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
- Transfer News: Manchester United's Possible Transfer Options For This Season
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 22, 2014: Liam’s Confession About Paris To Hope And Deacon’s Revelation To Brooke In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- Chuck Zito Apologises For Offensive Comment On Christy Mack Beating
- ‘True Blood’ Final Episode Thank You: Watch Sookie Ask Whether God Made Us All, Find Out Why 'True Blood' Is Ending [VIDEO]
- Kanye West's 2010 Album 'My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy' is Album of the Decade
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’: Kaley Cuoco Says ‘Season 8 Here We Come’ In Instagram Video, Sports Pixie Haircut
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Upcoming Sony Xperia Z3 With Dual-SIM Support Gets Approved In China; Full Specifications Revealed; Amber-Coloured Xperia Z3 Tipped
- More Nexus 8/Nexus 9 Release Confirmed with More Leaks and Out of Stock Nexus 7 and 10
- 2015 Ford Mustang: Right-Hand Drive Pony Car To Be Available In Australia Next Year
- Google Works on Powering Up Chromebook Line to Kill Competitors, Nvidia Joins with Acer for New Killer Laptop