Ian Somerhalder: 'Vampire Diaries' Actor Wants Damon, Stefan and Elena to Live Harmoniously in Mystic Falls
By Jenalyn Villamarin | May 22, 2014 2:43 PM EST
The finale episode of "The Vampire Diaries" Season 5 titled "Home" showed Damon (Ian Somerhalder) disappearing with Bonnie (Kat Graham) when the Other Side collapsed. The Salvatore vampire may be gone for now but it has been confirmed that he will return and actor Ian Somerhalder shared what he wants for his character in Season 6.
Actor Ian Somerhalder arrives at the 2014 People's Choice Awards in Los Angeles, California January 8, 2014.
'Supernatural' Season 9, Episode 23 ‘Do You Believe in Miracles?’ Recap/Spoilers: Dean Winchester Embraces New Kind of Life with Demon Crowley
The 35-year-old heartthrob actor initially joked in the Entertainment Weekly report that he wants the opener for "The Vampire Diaries" Season 6 to feature Damon Salvatore drinking rum in the Bahamas because the last five years have been tough for him. Then, Ian Somerhalder gave a serious answer on what he wants to happen in Season 6 even though it sounds impossible.
"Damon, Stefan, and Elena, they're all extraordinarily different people, but hopefully, what happens is that in some crazy, cohesive way, they all get to live their lives in a very harmonious way," Somerhalder shared. However, the "Vampire Diaries" actor pointed out the problem that prevents the three main characters from living harmoniously.
According to Ian, his character Damon, Stefan (Paul Wesley) and Elena (Nina Dobrev) live in Mystic Falls and harmony does not work within that scale so things will most like be jagged and rough to some extent. "There'll be bits and pieces layered in there that are going to be pretty and soft, but ultimately, if you're happy in Mystic Falls, there's no drama, and if there's no drama, there's no show," the actor explained.
Executive producer Julie Plec has confirmed in the TV Line interview that fans can still see Damon and Bonnie when the two characters return for another season. According to the Examiner report, a marketing poster has been released as well for "The Vampire Diaries" Season 6 showing Damon with Stefan and Elena.
Unfortunately, Julie Plec did not reveal how and when Damon and Bonnie will return in the CW TV series. What the TVD executive producer further teased is that the storylines on the doppelgangers will no longer materialize in the show since it has already been put to an end in Season 5.
"The Vampire Diaries" is scheduled to return to the CW Network for the brand new Season 6 in the fall.
More Articles to Read:
'Vampire Diaries' Season 6 Spoilers: New Female Character to Arrive at Mystic Falls, What Happens to Stefan, Elena and Alaric in New Season - [READ]
Paul Wesley: 'The Vampire Diaries' Actor Talks About Damon's Fate and Season 6 - [READ]
'Vampire Diaries' Season 6 Spoilers: Executive Producer Julie Plec Answers the Burning Question on Damon and Bonnie's Fate - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- ‘America's Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Winner: Betting Odds And Judges Predict Who Could Win The Finals
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Winner Predictions: Fellow Contestants And Betting Odds Predict Who Could Win Mirror Ball Trophy
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Nine Moments From Episode 1, The Locomotion Interruption
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 15, 2014: Liam Confronts Quinn About Her Secret Regarding Paris [WATCH VIDEO]
- Norman Reedus Instagrams ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Poster Featuring Rick Grimes With A Twist
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- iPhone 6 Plus vs Xiaomi Mi4 – The iPhone Killer Certainly Can Battle Well With The New Apple Phablet
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet
- HTC Desire 820 (Octa-Core) vs. Sony Xperia Z3 Compact – Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown