Ian Somerhalder: 'Vampire Diaries' Actor Wants Damon, Stefan and Elena to Live Harmoniously in Mystic Falls
By Jenalyn Villamarin | May 22, 2014 2:43 PM EST
The finale episode of "The Vampire Diaries" Season 5 titled "Home" showed Damon (Ian Somerhalder) disappearing with Bonnie (Kat Graham) when the Other Side collapsed. The Salvatore vampire may be gone for now but it has been confirmed that he will return and actor Ian Somerhalder shared what he wants for his character in Season 6.
Actor Ian Somerhalder arrives at the 2014 People's Choice Awards in Los Angeles, California January 8, 2014.
'Supernatural' Season 9, Episode 23 ‘Do You Believe in Miracles?’ Recap/Spoilers: Dean Winchester Embraces New Kind of Life with Demon Crowley
The 35-year-old heartthrob actor initially joked in the Entertainment Weekly report that he wants the opener for "The Vampire Diaries" Season 6 to feature Damon Salvatore drinking rum in the Bahamas because the last five years have been tough for him. Then, Ian Somerhalder gave a serious answer on what he wants to happen in Season 6 even though it sounds impossible.
"Damon, Stefan, and Elena, they're all extraordinarily different people, but hopefully, what happens is that in some crazy, cohesive way, they all get to live their lives in a very harmonious way," Somerhalder shared. However, the "Vampire Diaries" actor pointed out the problem that prevents the three main characters from living harmoniously.
According to Ian, his character Damon, Stefan (Paul Wesley) and Elena (Nina Dobrev) live in Mystic Falls and harmony does not work within that scale so things will most like be jagged and rough to some extent. "There'll be bits and pieces layered in there that are going to be pretty and soft, but ultimately, if you're happy in Mystic Falls, there's no drama, and if there's no drama, there's no show," the actor explained.
Executive producer Julie Plec has confirmed in the TV Line interview that fans can still see Damon and Bonnie when the two characters return for another season. According to the Examiner report, a marketing poster has been released as well for "The Vampire Diaries" Season 6 showing Damon with Stefan and Elena.
Unfortunately, Julie Plec did not reveal how and when Damon and Bonnie will return in the CW TV series. What the TVD executive producer further teased is that the storylines on the doppelgangers will no longer materialize in the show since it has already been put to an end in Season 5.
"The Vampire Diaries" is scheduled to return to the CW Network for the brand new Season 6 in the fall.
More Articles to Read:
'Vampire Diaries' Season 6 Spoilers: New Female Character to Arrive at Mystic Falls, What Happens to Stefan, Elena and Alaric in New Season - [READ]
Paul Wesley: 'The Vampire Diaries' Actor Talks About Damon's Fate and Season 6 - [READ]
'Vampire Diaries' Season 6 Spoilers: Executive Producer Julie Plec Answers the Burning Question on Damon and Bonnie's Fate - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- 'The Big Bang Theory' Season 8 Episode 7 Spoilers: Penny Takes Off Her Ring In The Misinterpretation Agitation [VIDEO]
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy