San Antonio Spurs Abuse Oklahoma City Thunder Again to Grab 2-0 Series Lead
By James Patrick Quizon | May 22, 2014 2:15 PM EST
For the second straight game, the Oklahoma City Thunder did not have an answer to the San Antonio Spurs’ offensive barrage. The Spurs notched yet another easy win to the tune of 112-77 this time to grab the 2-0 series lead in this best-of-seven affair.
May 21, 2014; San Antonio, TX, USA; San Antonio Spurs guard Tony Parker (9) shoots the ball past Oklahoma City Thunder center Steven Adams (12) in game two of the Western Conference Finals of the 2014 NBA Playoffs at AT&T Center.
There was no Tim Duncan explosion this time but there was a Danny Green sighting and the dose of Tony Parker.
Duncan had a relatively quieter 14 points and 12 rebounds outing (he had 27 points in Game 1) but wasn’t needed as much as Green got hot from behind the arc shooting 7-of-10 three-pointers. The French point guard top-scored for the defending West champs with 22 markers.
While the Spurs sustained their offensive rhythm from the opener, OKC struggled with theirs. The duo of Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook bled for their points (just 15 apiece) shooting 6-of-16 and 7-of-24 from the field, respectively.
As a team, OKC shot 35.9 per cent from the field (35-of-89 FG) and 10 per cent from behind the arc (2-of-10 3FG). Without Serge Ibaka and now a disappearing Durant and Westbrook, the Thunder had zero chance in this one.
Similar to Game 1, OKC made it close at some point—they led 36-35 in the middle of the second quarter—before the Spurs unleashed their rally. San Antonio led 58-44 at half time and never let up after the break. The blowout was on as San Antonio took the third quarter, 33-18 and the fourth, 21-15 for the easy win.
Game 3 of the series is set on Sunday when the Western Conference Finals shifts to Oklahoma City.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- Toni Nadal Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time
- Ronda Rousey Rejects Idea of Fight Between A Man And A Woman In The UFC
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop