San Antonio Spurs Abuse Oklahoma City Thunder Again to Grab 2-0 Series Lead
By James Patrick Quizon | May 22, 2014 2:15 PM EST
For the second straight game, the Oklahoma City Thunder did not have an answer to the San Antonio Spurs’ offensive barrage. The Spurs notched yet another easy win to the tune of 112-77 this time to grab the 2-0 series lead in this best-of-seven affair.
May 21, 2014; San Antonio, TX, USA; San Antonio Spurs guard Tony Parker (9) shoots the ball past Oklahoma City Thunder center Steven Adams (12) in game two of the Western Conference Finals of the 2014 NBA Playoffs at AT&T Center.
There was no Tim Duncan explosion this time but there was a Danny Green sighting and the dose of Tony Parker.
Duncan had a relatively quieter 14 points and 12 rebounds outing (he had 27 points in Game 1) but wasn’t needed as much as Green got hot from behind the arc shooting 7-of-10 three-pointers. The French point guard top-scored for the defending West champs with 22 markers.
While the Spurs sustained their offensive rhythm from the opener, OKC struggled with theirs. The duo of Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook bled for their points (just 15 apiece) shooting 6-of-16 and 7-of-24 from the field, respectively.
As a team, OKC shot 35.9 per cent from the field (35-of-89 FG) and 10 per cent from behind the arc (2-of-10 3FG). Without Serge Ibaka and now a disappearing Durant and Westbrook, the Thunder had zero chance in this one.
Similar to Game 1, OKC made it close at some point—they led 36-35 in the middle of the second quarter—before the Spurs unleashed their rally. San Antonio led 58-44 at half time and never let up after the break. The blowout was on as San Antonio took the third quarter, 33-18 and the fourth, 21-15 for the easy win.
Game 3 of the series is set on Sunday when the Western Conference Finals shifts to Oklahoma City.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Tony Stewart Reveals Retirement Not In Options, Reflects On His Life After the Fatal Crash
- Sugar Ray Leonard Adds Fuel To Pacquiao-Mayweather Clamour
- WWE Update: Bray Wyatt’s Twitter Post Hints Upcoming Fight With Sting [VIDEO]
- Rafael Nadal Gives Li Na Flowers, A Teary Farewell At Beijing China Open
- Muslim NFL Player Husain Abdullah Penalised For Praying After Touchdown
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- ISIS Supporters are Walking Among the Many in the United States – Report
- Airstrikes Against ISIS Has Claimed Innocent Lives In Syria, Dubbed ‘Ineffective’ By Jihadi Fighters, US Military To Ask For More Spending Money