San Antonio Spurs Abuse Oklahoma City Thunder Again to Grab 2-0 Series Lead
By James Patrick Quizon | May 22, 2014 2:15 PM EST
For the second straight game, the Oklahoma City Thunder did not have an answer to the San Antonio Spurs’ offensive barrage. The Spurs notched yet another easy win to the tune of 112-77 this time to grab the 2-0 series lead in this best-of-seven affair.
May 21, 2014; San Antonio, TX, USA; San Antonio Spurs guard Tony Parker (9) shoots the ball past Oklahoma City Thunder center Steven Adams (12) in game two of the Western Conference Finals of the 2014 NBA Playoffs at AT&T Center.
There was no Tim Duncan explosion this time but there was a Danny Green sighting and the dose of Tony Parker.
Duncan had a relatively quieter 14 points and 12 rebounds outing (he had 27 points in Game 1) but wasn’t needed as much as Green got hot from behind the arc shooting 7-of-10 three-pointers. The French point guard top-scored for the defending West champs with 22 markers.
While the Spurs sustained their offensive rhythm from the opener, OKC struggled with theirs. The duo of Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook bled for their points (just 15 apiece) shooting 6-of-16 and 7-of-24 from the field, respectively.
As a team, OKC shot 35.9 per cent from the field (35-of-89 FG) and 10 per cent from behind the arc (2-of-10 3FG). Without Serge Ibaka and now a disappearing Durant and Westbrook, the Thunder had zero chance in this one.
Similar to Game 1, OKC made it close at some point—they led 36-35 in the middle of the second quarter—before the Spurs unleashed their rally. San Antonio led 58-44 at half time and never let up after the break. The blowout was on as San Antonio took the third quarter, 33-18 and the fourth, 21-15 for the easy win.
Game 3 of the series is set on Sunday when the Western Conference Finals shifts to Oklahoma City.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Purse Split: $100M For American, $60M For Filipino— Report
- Amir Khan Addresses Roach’s Comments That Pacquiao Used To Knock Out The Bolton-Born Boxer During Sparring Sessions
- Boxing Analyst John Scully Says Floyd Mayweather Is Slipping But Manny Pacquiao Won’t Win In Super Fight In 2015
- Meet Paige VanZant, The Next UFC Sensation In The Women's Division
- Freddie Roach Provoking ‘Washed-Up’ Floyd Mayweather Jr., Says Manny Pacquiao Will KO Undefeated American
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]