Rory McIlroy Breaks Up with Caroline Wozniacki Days After Issuing Wedding Invitations; Caroline’s Best Friend Reacts to 'Wozzilroy' Split News
By jaskiran kaur | May 22, 2014 2:04 PM EST
was dumped by her fiancé and professional golfer Rory McIlroy. Break up happened after five months of engagement and few days after wedding invitations were sent out.
On Wednesday, Irish golfer Rory McIlroy broke the news about his split with Danish tennis player Caroline Wozniacki through a press statement. According the Daily Mail, sports star made his split public through a statement that revealed that "he realized he was not ready for marriage."
"The problem is mine." said Rory McIlroy in the statement.
"The wedding invitations issued at the weekend made me realise that I wasn't ready for all that marriage entails," read the statement issued by the former world number one and a two-time major champion golf player.
He also wished happiness for Caroline and refused to say more about his relationship, in the statement.
However, Rory came out about his relationship with Caroline Wozniacki during a press conference ahead of BMW PGA Championship. New York Times reported that Rory appeared to be on "verge of tears" during the question-and- answer session. While talking about his split up, he revealed that it is "quite a difficult time" for both of them. The break up was "mutual and amicable" told the pro golfer.
While speaking about The European Tour to journalists at the conference, Rory McIlroy admitted it is "going to be very difficult."
"But at least when I get inside the ropes, just try and concentrate on the shot at hand," added emotional Rory.
Meanwhile, it is said Caroline Wozniacki's former doubles partner and best friend is "really surprised" at the news of Caroline's split with fiancé Rory McIlroy. Based on Danish newspaper BT's report, Irish Independent reported that Malou Ejdesgaard received the wedding invitation from the couple just two days before the news about their split became public. She is finding it difficult to "comprehend" and is "as surprised as everyone else." She revealed that Caroline "seemed very happy" when she texted her week or two ago.
After a long-term romantic relationship, the Rory McIlroy and Caroline Wozniacki earned a couple name Wozzilroy. They announced their engagement last New Year's eve on Twitter, according to another Daily Mail report. Week after Ryder Cup, the couple set to tie the knot in New York.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Boxing Analyst John Scully Says Floyd Mayweather Is Slipping But Manny Pacquiao Won’t Win In Super Fight In 2015
- Freddie Roach Provoking ‘Washed-Up’ Floyd Mayweather Jr., Says Manny Pacquiao Will KO Undefeated American
- Sharapova, Halep, Ivanovic, Wozniacki, Kvitova, Radwanska, Kerber Make Early Commitment To Stuttgart Open
- ‘Floyd Rhymes With Avoid,’ Says Manny Pacquiao
- 2014 Dancing With The Stars Australia: Former AFL Star David Rodan Declared Winner
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid