Rory McIlroy Breaks Up with Caroline Wozniacki Days After Issuing Wedding Invitations; Caroline’s Best Friend Reacts to 'Wozzilroy' Split News
By jaskiran kaur | May 22, 2014 2:04 PM EST
was dumped by her fiancé and professional golfer Rory McIlroy. Break up happened after five months of engagement and few days after wedding invitations were sent out.
On Wednesday, Irish golfer Rory McIlroy broke the news about his split with Danish tennis player Caroline Wozniacki through a press statement. According the Daily Mail, sports star made his split public through a statement that revealed that "he realized he was not ready for marriage."
"The problem is mine." said Rory McIlroy in the statement.
"The wedding invitations issued at the weekend made me realise that I wasn't ready for all that marriage entails," read the statement issued by the former world number one and a two-time major champion golf player.
He also wished happiness for Caroline and refused to say more about his relationship, in the statement.
However, Rory came out about his relationship with Caroline Wozniacki during a press conference ahead of BMW PGA Championship. New York Times reported that Rory appeared to be on "verge of tears" during the question-and- answer session. While talking about his split up, he revealed that it is "quite a difficult time" for both of them. The break up was "mutual and amicable" told the pro golfer.
While speaking about The European Tour to journalists at the conference, Rory McIlroy admitted it is "going to be very difficult."
"But at least when I get inside the ropes, just try and concentrate on the shot at hand," added emotional Rory.
Meanwhile, it is said Caroline Wozniacki's former doubles partner and best friend is "really surprised" at the news of Caroline's split with fiancé Rory McIlroy. Based on Danish newspaper BT's report, Irish Independent reported that Malou Ejdesgaard received the wedding invitation from the couple just two days before the news about their split became public. She is finding it difficult to "comprehend" and is "as surprised as everyone else." She revealed that Caroline "seemed very happy" when she texted her week or two ago.
After a long-term romantic relationship, the Rory McIlroy and Caroline Wozniacki earned a couple name Wozzilroy. They announced their engagement last New Year's eve on Twitter, according to another Daily Mail report. Week after Ryder Cup, the couple set to tie the knot in New York.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Will Probably Pick Between Amir Khan Or Manny Pacquiao For Next Fight According to Uncle Jeff
- Rafael Nadal Back In Action To Target Novak Djokovic At China Open
- Bruce Jenner Says Lamar Odom Should Follow His Heart If He Wants To Get Back Together With Khloe Kardashian
- Maria Sharapova On Relationship With Grigor Dimitrov: ‘Everything Is Great’; Dimitrov Was Present At Sharapova’s First Round Match In China
- Tony Stewart Reveals Retirement Not In Options, Reflects On His Life After the Fatal Crash
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate