Rory McIlroy Breaks Up with Caroline Wozniacki Days After Issuing Wedding Invitations; Caroline’s Best Friend Reacts to 'Wozzilroy' Split News
By jaskiran kaur | May 22, 2014 2:04 PM EST
was dumped by her fiancé and professional golfer Rory McIlroy. Break up happened after five months of engagement and few days after wedding invitations were sent out.
On Wednesday, Irish golfer Rory McIlroy broke the news about his split with Danish tennis player Caroline Wozniacki through a press statement. According the Daily Mail, sports star made his split public through a statement that revealed that "he realized he was not ready for marriage."
"The problem is mine." said Rory McIlroy in the statement.
"The wedding invitations issued at the weekend made me realise that I wasn't ready for all that marriage entails," read the statement issued by the former world number one and a two-time major champion golf player.
He also wished happiness for Caroline and refused to say more about his relationship, in the statement.
However, Rory came out about his relationship with Caroline Wozniacki during a press conference ahead of BMW PGA Championship. New York Times reported that Rory appeared to be on "verge of tears" during the question-and- answer session. While talking about his split up, he revealed that it is "quite a difficult time" for both of them. The break up was "mutual and amicable" told the pro golfer.
While speaking about The European Tour to journalists at the conference, Rory McIlroy admitted it is "going to be very difficult."
"But at least when I get inside the ropes, just try and concentrate on the shot at hand," added emotional Rory.
Meanwhile, it is said Caroline Wozniacki's former doubles partner and best friend is "really surprised" at the news of Caroline's split with fiancé Rory McIlroy. Based on Danish newspaper BT's report, Irish Independent reported that Malou Ejdesgaard received the wedding invitation from the couple just two days before the news about their split became public. She is finding it difficult to "comprehend" and is "as surprised as everyone else." She revealed that Caroline "seemed very happy" when she texted her week or two ago.
After a long-term romantic relationship, the Rory McIlroy and Caroline Wozniacki earned a couple name Wozzilroy. They announced their engagement last New Year's eve on Twitter, according to another Daily Mail report. Week after Ryder Cup, the couple set to tie the knot in New York.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- Amir Khan Says Algieri Doesn’t Have What It Takes To Beat Pacquiao; Khan Reportedly A Top Contender For Mayweather Jr.’s Next Fight Says Mayweather Sr
- Boxing News 2014: Nevada Commission Summons Mayweather Over Reports Of Marijuana Use In Mansion & No Rest Breaks In Gym
- NFL Week 3: Washington Redskins Vs. Philadelphia Eagles Live Streaming Information And Preview
- Manchester United Transfer News: Van Gaal Hits Back At Guardiola Claiming Every Player He Spoke To Wants Old Trafford Move
- Arsenal FC: Zlatan Or Ronaldo? Wenger Reveals His Biggest 'Missed Signing' Regret
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- China Is Also Seizing Disputed Land Along Indian Border
- iPhone 6 Survives Drop, Both Accidental & Intentional