Rory McIlroy Breaks Up with Caroline Wozniacki Days After Issuing Wedding Invitations; Caroline’s Best Friend Reacts to 'Wozzilroy' Split News
By jaskiran kaur | May 22, 2014 2:04 PM EST
was dumped by her fiancé and professional golfer Rory McIlroy. Break up happened after five months of engagement and few days after wedding invitations were sent out.
On Wednesday, Irish golfer Rory McIlroy broke the news about his split with Danish tennis player Caroline Wozniacki through a press statement. According the Daily Mail, sports star made his split public through a statement that revealed that "he realized he was not ready for marriage."
"The problem is mine." said Rory McIlroy in the statement.
"The wedding invitations issued at the weekend made me realise that I wasn't ready for all that marriage entails," read the statement issued by the former world number one and a two-time major champion golf player.
He also wished happiness for Caroline and refused to say more about his relationship, in the statement.
However, Rory came out about his relationship with Caroline Wozniacki during a press conference ahead of BMW PGA Championship. New York Times reported that Rory appeared to be on "verge of tears" during the question-and- answer session. While talking about his split up, he revealed that it is "quite a difficult time" for both of them. The break up was "mutual and amicable" told the pro golfer.
While speaking about The European Tour to journalists at the conference, Rory McIlroy admitted it is "going to be very difficult."
"But at least when I get inside the ropes, just try and concentrate on the shot at hand," added emotional Rory.
Meanwhile, it is said Caroline Wozniacki's former doubles partner and best friend is "really surprised" at the news of Caroline's split with fiancé Rory McIlroy. Based on Danish newspaper BT's report, Irish Independent reported that Malou Ejdesgaard received the wedding invitation from the couple just two days before the news about their split became public. She is finding it difficult to "comprehend" and is "as surprised as everyone else." She revealed that Caroline "seemed very happy" when she texted her week or two ago.
After a long-term romantic relationship, the Rory McIlroy and Caroline Wozniacki earned a couple name Wozzilroy. They announced their engagement last New Year's eve on Twitter, according to another Daily Mail report. Week after Ryder Cup, the couple set to tie the knot in New York.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- No Kevin Love to Cleveland, Andrew Wiggins to Stay with Cavaliers
- Jeremy Lin Only an ‘Expiring Contract’ in Los Angeles; Lakers Want Eric Bledsoe
- Jeremy Lin Demands More Playing Time From Lakers Next Season
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June