Rory McIlroy Breaks Up with Caroline Wozniacki Days After Issuing Wedding Invitations; Caroline’s Best Friend Reacts to 'Wozzilroy' Split News
By jaskiran kaur | May 22, 2014 2:04 PM EST
was dumped by her fiancé and professional golfer Rory McIlroy. Break up happened after five months of engagement and few days after wedding invitations were sent out.
On Wednesday, Irish golfer Rory McIlroy broke the news about his split with Danish tennis player Caroline Wozniacki through a press statement. According the Daily Mail, sports star made his split public through a statement that revealed that "he realized he was not ready for marriage."
"The problem is mine." said Rory McIlroy in the statement.
"The wedding invitations issued at the weekend made me realise that I wasn't ready for all that marriage entails," read the statement issued by the former world number one and a two-time major champion golf player.
He also wished happiness for Caroline and refused to say more about his relationship, in the statement.
However, Rory came out about his relationship with Caroline Wozniacki during a press conference ahead of BMW PGA Championship. New York Times reported that Rory appeared to be on "verge of tears" during the question-and- answer session. While talking about his split up, he revealed that it is "quite a difficult time" for both of them. The break up was "mutual and amicable" told the pro golfer.
While speaking about The European Tour to journalists at the conference, Rory McIlroy admitted it is "going to be very difficult."
"But at least when I get inside the ropes, just try and concentrate on the shot at hand," added emotional Rory.
Meanwhile, it is said Caroline Wozniacki's former doubles partner and best friend is "really surprised" at the news of Caroline's split with fiancé Rory McIlroy. Based on Danish newspaper BT's report, Irish Independent reported that Malou Ejdesgaard received the wedding invitation from the couple just two days before the news about their split became public. She is finding it difficult to "comprehend" and is "as surprised as everyone else." She revealed that Caroline "seemed very happy" when she texted her week or two ago.
After a long-term romantic relationship, the Rory McIlroy and Caroline Wozniacki earned a couple name Wozzilroy. They announced their engagement last New Year's eve on Twitter, according to another Daily Mail report. Week after Ryder Cup, the couple set to tie the knot in New York.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- Kate Middleton Expecting A Baby Boy For The Second Time Around – Reports [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 4: San Francisco Giants 11, Kansas City Royals 4 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao KO Of Chris Algieri Will ‘Shut Up’ Floyd Mayweather Jr. Declares Freddie Roach
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles