Apple Inc. WWDC 2014 June 2 Keynote Announced, Updates iPhone and iPad App
By Athena Yenko | May 22, 2014 1:12 PM EST
Apple Inc on Wednesday announced the official schedule for its annual Worldwide Developers Conference most anticipated part, the keynote presentation.
The keynote will be given on Monday, June 2 at 10 a.m. Pacific, 1 p.m. Eastern.
For WWDC 2014, Apple is expected to launch its next-generation versions of its iOS mobile operating system and OS X Mac platform.
The report from 9toMac also referred to unnamed sources saying that the company will also be launching a brand new hardware.
Some reports claim that there will be new products, probably an Apple TV, the iWatch and retina MacBook Airs.
The new WWDC app will allow user to:
- Stream videos from current and previous WWDC sessions.
- Start watching on one iOS device, and pick up where you left off on another.
- Browse times, locations, and descriptions for sessions, labs, and special events.
- Mark schedule items as favorites.
- Keep up with the latest news, get important notifications, and see daily photos.
- View maps to find your way around Moscone West.
- Provide feedback on content and speakers for each session.
- Add your pass to Passbook for faster check-in at WWDC.
Although Apple "can't tell you everything yet", it makes the schedule viewable to public with some hints and teasers on what will take place on June 2 through June 6 at San Francisco's Moscone West.
Fans will be interesting to know of this particular parts of the event:
- Developer Platforms State of the Union Keynote: June 2nd 2:00 to 3:30 PM PT
- Apple Design Awards: June 2nd 4:00 to 5:00 PM PT
- Star Wars Past, Present and Future: June 5th 12:45 to 1:45 PM PT
- The Bash/Concert: June 5th 6:30 to 9:30 PM PT
As early as April 3 2014, Apple Australia has released the WWDC 2014 events as follows:
- More than 100 technical sessions presented by Apple engineers on a wide range of topics for developing, deploying and integrating the latest iOS and OS X technologies;
- more than 1,000 Apple engineers supporting over 100 hands-on labs and events to provide developers with code-level assistance, insight into optimal development techniques and guidance on how they can make the most of iOS and OS X technologies in their apps;
- the latest innovations, features and capabilities of iOS and OS X, and how to enhance an app's functionality, performance, quality and design;
- the opportunity to connect with thousands of fellow iOS and OS X developers from around the world-last year more than 60 countries were represented;
- a new series of get togethers for attendees focused on particular topics with special guest speakers and activities;
- engaging and inspirational lunchtime sessions with leading minds and influencers from the worlds of technology, science and entertainment; and
- Apple Design Awards which recognise iPhone®, iPad® and Mac apps that demonstrate technical excellence, innovation and outstanding design.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery