Top 10 Features from Apple’s iWork for iCloud (Beta) Update
By Pavithra Rathinavel | May 22, 2014 11:40 AM EST
Apple has added some of the much-required features and updates to its beta version of iWork for iCloud productivity suite on Tuesday. This new update should help Apple take cloud-based Google Drive/Docs head on.
The Apple Inc. logo is displayed onstage before a product unveiling event last Oct. 4 at the company's headquarters in Cupertino, Calif.
For those unfamiliar with iWork, it is Apple's office suite of applications for its iOS and OS X operating systems.
According to Macworld, the new updates appear as an 'animated splash screen' that emerges when an app is launched. The new updates apply to all apps like Pages, Numbers, and Keynote. With this update, Apple brings together quite a few feature changes and an overall performance improvement.
Here is a list of ten additions and updates from the recent upgrade to iWork for iCloud beta:
- Users can now admit up to 100 collaborators/people to access a single document at a time, in Pages, Numbers and Keynote. This feature is quite similar to Google Drive's.
- The current update has also upped the number of people who can work on a single document at the same time to 100 from 50.
- The fonts palette is increased to 200 new fonts and the color palette has also got an upgrade with extra color options.
- There is also good news for professional users who rely on charts for the most part. This update allows users to create and format both 2D and interactive charts.
- Users who deal with complex files can now edit documents of up to 1 GB in size, in all three apps.
- The limit for individual images is increased to 10 MB from 5 MB.
- The Pages app supports ePub export capabilities, and object layering.
- The Pages app also provides the ability to insert and format tables.
- The Numbers app can now support 'CSV export'; in addition to providing support for alternating row colors in tables.
- The Keynote app has now gained the ability to show or hide the slide numbers.
If the reports were to be believed, Apple is planning to incorporate apps for iOS and OS X shortly.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies