Five MH370 Conspiracy Theories People Believe in
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | May 22, 2014 9:34 AM EST
It was March 8, 2014 when Malaysian Airlines flight MH370 disappeared into thin air. There has been no conclusive evidence of what happened to it. Malaysia was internationally criticised partly due to the apparent inefficiency involved in the way it handled the situation and partly due to the hush up or self-contradictory statements its officials were up to. All said and done, Malaysian authorities did declare on March 24 that the flight crashed in to the Indian Ocean. However, they could not supply any convincing evidence of the claim. That is the probable reason why several conspiracy theories turn up. Some of them were ridiculous while some were definite probabilities. Categorise them on your own.
A hotel employee stands behind a curtain before Malaysia's Defence Minister and acting Transport Minister Hishammuddin Hussein arrives for a news conference near Kuala Lumpur May 15, 2014. The search for missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 hit a fresh snag on Thursday after it was found the underwater drone at the heart of the operation had been damaged, forcing what could be another lengthy delay.
CIA Hijacked MH370 [Read Details HERE]
Former Malaysian Prime Minister Mahathir Mohamad earlier said that it was the CIA that hijacked the missing flight. He said in his blog that the U.S. government agency was aware why the GPS system in the aircraft failed to perform. The 88-year-old politician claimed that the flight was controlled remotely from somewhere.
Unknown Terrorists Hijacked MH370
According to a newspaper in Russia, MH370 was hijacked by terrorists. It said that the flight had been taken to Afghanistan and the people on board had been held captive. Moskovsky Komsomolets was apparently informed that the aircraft was hijacked by "unknown terrorists." The pilots should not be held guilty, it said, as they were instructed by a terrorist named Hitch.
Plane Shot Down by Military
This claim appeared in the recently published book "Flight MH370: The Mystery". It said that MH370 was likely to have been shot down by the U.S.-Thai military by accident. Thereafter, the quest for survivors was hushed up. The book also claimed that it was just a training drill by the military that went wrong.
Pitbull Knew It
It was believed that noted rapper Pitbull had predicted about the disappearance of MH370 a couple of years back. Comparisons were drawn between the missing plane and Pitbull's 2012 song "Get It Started." The lyrics of the song had lines like "Two passports, three cities, two countries, one day." People believed that "two passports" referred to the ones stolen by the Iranian passengers who illegally boarded the flight. The song also has words like "Now it's off to Malaysia" that were enough to convince some people.
Abducted by Aliens
Several online users came to a conclusion that there could be only one explanation to the mystery behind the disappearance of the flight. They claimed that the flight had been abducted by aliens.
In reference with Mirror.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
Join the Conversation
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Putin’s Daughter Flees The Netherlands Amid Dutch Fury Over Death of 195 Countrymen
- MH370: Police Dragged and Punched Families of Victims
- Armageddon Nears as River Turns Bloody Red in Wenzhou, Locals Believe
- Pm Abbott Goes Nuts over MH17 Mission
- MH17: Teen Brags about Mascara Looted from Victim
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 Android 5.0 L Material Design Coming with More Interface Changes
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE-A Android 4.4.2 KitKat Update Rolls Out: When to Hit Your Region
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- OnePlus One Android 4.4.4 KitKat and Android L Update Guide