Samsung Super AMOLED Tablets with 13-inch LCD Leaked, New Galaxy TabPRO Models Release Imminent
By Precious Silva | May 22, 2014 2:43 AM EST
Samsung has always aimed at producing as many screen sizes and tablets possible. According to recent reports, the Korean tech giant may be gearing up for one of its largest yet. The latest leak suggests that Samsung has been working on a 13.3-inch tablet featuring LCD and AMOLED technology. The screen will offer a display and 2,560×1,600 resolution.
A man is silhouetted against a video screen with Apple and Samsung logos as he poses with a Samsung S4 smartphone in the central Bosnian town of Zenica, in this August 14, 2013 file photo illustration. A U.S. jury on May 2, 2014, ordered Samsung Electronics Co Ltd to pay $119.6 million to Apple Inc, after it found the South Korean smartphone maker had infringed two Apple patents. During the month-long trial in a San Jose, California, federal court, Apple accused Samsung of violating patents on smartphone features including universal search, while Samsung denied wrongdoing. REUTERS/Dado Ruvic/Files
According to a report by Talk Android, the device will offer a pixel density of 227ppi. The device was listed as T911/910 mega-tablet but people should not mistake it for the Samsung Mega series. The report also noted that the spotted device may be Samsung's new Galaxy TabPro unit. Nonetheless, the leak does not provide as much detail although it does provide an insight on Samsung's previously reported investment on AMOLED technology.
The T801/800 10.5-inch tablets may be released as the Galaxy Tab S line. The tablets are also labeled as Chagall. Reported features include a Super AMOLED display offering up 288ppi for pixel density. The T701/700 varieties, on the other hand, are smaller. Labeled as Klimt, these tablets feature 8.4-inch screens with considerable pixel density at 359ppi.
The upcoming tablet series have showed up in benchmarking databases like AnTuTu. The results offered more details about what people can expect from the devices. According to the results, the tablets will run on an Exynos 5 chipset featuring four Cortex-A15 cores clocked at 1.9GHz. They will also feature four Cortex-A7 cores clocked at 1.3GHz. Other reported features include 32-bit dual-channel 933 MHz LPDDR3e RAM and hexa-core Mali-T628 GPU. There are no additional details about the exact RAM amount the tablets will have. Samsung also reportedly included an 8MP primary camera and 2MP front camera. They may run on Android 4.4 KitKat.
GSM Arena reported that an "inside contact" working on Samsung's Kid Mode suggested that one of the three upcoming Samsung tablets will feature 13.3-inch screen. The codename was "Warhol" but there are no final clarifications from Samsung yet.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around