Manchester United News: Former Red Devils Defender Wishes to Retain Coaching Job, Believes van Gaal is 'the' Man for the Job
By Mark Wayne Eubank | May 21, 2014 11:48 PM EST
Former Manchester United defender Phil Neville wishes to retain his coaching post at Old Trafford amid the appointment of new manager Louis van Gaal.
“I was first-team coach last year. I'm not sure what my role will be next year, but over the next couple of weeks, I'll find out about my role and hopefully I'll be involved at Manchester United.” - Phil Neville
"I hope so. It's business as usual as far as I'm concerned," the 37-year-old told Sky Sports.
"I was first-team coach last year. I'm not sure what my role will be next year, but over the next couple of weeks, I'll find out about my role and hopefully I'll be involved at Manchester United."
"The most important thing is that the club and team improve from last season. The results weren't what this club is expected of. Regardless of my position, the most important thing is the team and us challenging for league titles."
Meanwhile, the 62-year-old former Bayern Munich boss still has his hands full at the moment as he is still in charge of the Holland squad that will compete in the World Cup in June, and Neville knows that it won't be until after the quadrennial tournament that the club affairs will be ironed out.
"He'll have his processes, his structures and his team and you just hope you're a part of it," he added.
"He's obviously a busy man with Holland at the World Cup. It's good to get the new manager announced and the club can start looking forward again and looking to improve on last season."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Celebrities Suffering From Lupus: Facts About the Disease
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin, Chandler Parsons React To 'Role Players' Label By James Harden
- 2014 Commonwealth Games Medal Tally: Games are Through Day 5 and Australia Continues to Dominate Count; Day 5 Highlights
- Roger Federer Not That Good If Different Surfaces Were To Exist – Giles Simon
- Dan Bilzerian Opens Up to Howard Stern, Poker Pro Admits He Once Had Sex with 16 Women in 12 Days
- Ana Ivanovic Posts a Hot Selfie on Instagram after her San Francisco Photo-Shoot
- These 2 Questions Reveal if You Unwittingly Abuse Alcohol
- Jennifer Lopez and Her Wild 45th Birthday Party: How JLo’s Life-Size Birthday Cake from SamiCakes Boutique Was Made
- Blake Griffin’s Back Injury Is the Reason for His Withdrawal from Team U.S.A.
- Supernatural Season 10 Spoilers: Metatron Capable of Saving Castiel's Fading Grace
- Anderson Silva To Test the Octagon Anew After Freak Leg Injury, To Fight Nick Diaz in 2015