Manchester United News: Former Red Devils Defender Wishes to Retain Coaching Job, Believes van Gaal is 'the' Man for the Job
By Mark Wayne Eubank | May 21, 2014 11:48 PM EST
Former Manchester United defender Phil Neville wishes to retain his coaching post at Old Trafford amid the appointment of new manager Louis van Gaal.
“I was first-team coach last year. I'm not sure what my role will be next year, but over the next couple of weeks, I'll find out about my role and hopefully I'll be involved at Manchester United.” - Phil Neville
"I hope so. It's business as usual as far as I'm concerned," the 37-year-old told Sky Sports.
"I was first-team coach last year. I'm not sure what my role will be next year, but over the next couple of weeks, I'll find out about my role and hopefully I'll be involved at Manchester United."
"The most important thing is that the club and team improve from last season. The results weren't what this club is expected of. Regardless of my position, the most important thing is the team and us challenging for league titles."
Meanwhile, the 62-year-old former Bayern Munich boss still has his hands full at the moment as he is still in charge of the Holland squad that will compete in the World Cup in June, and Neville knows that it won't be until after the quadrennial tournament that the club affairs will be ironed out.
"He'll have his processes, his structures and his team and you just hope you're a part of it," he added.
"He's obviously a busy man with Holland at the World Cup. It's good to get the new manager announced and the club can start looking forward again and looking to improve on last season."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage