FC Barcelona News: New Barca Keeper will Miss Gladbach
By Mark Wayne Eubank | May 21, 2014 11:00 PM EST
FC Barcelona goalkeeper Marc-Andre ter Stegen is saddened that he will be leaving the club that he loves most - Borussia Monchengladbach - where he spent almost his entire life, literally, but is also looking forward to play for one of the world's biggest clubs.
“It is an unusual feeling though because I will miss Borussia.” - Marc-Andre ter Stegen
Barca have already sealed the deal in bringing in the German international, who is expected to be first-choice in the years to come with Victor Valdes' impending exit, in the upcoming transfer window.
"I have been at [Borussia Monchengladbach] for 18 years, but I know that after a short summer break life will go on for me and for Borussia," the 22-year-old told Sky Sports.
"It is an unusual feeling though because I will miss Borussia."
"Of course, I am very excited about my new assignment. I want to try something new and hope to rise to the challenge."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
Join the Conversation
- Top 10 WTA Fastest Tennis Serves of All Time
- Without LeBron James, Kevin Durant And Other Stars, Team USA Looks to James Harden As Leader In 2014 FIBA World Cup in Spain
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Wenger's Take on Falcao and Rabiot
- UEFA Champions League Draw: Schedule, TV and Live Stream Information
- Marcos Maidana Heavily Praised By Mexican Boxing Legends
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Firms Up as iWatch Rollout Delayed to Jan 2015 – Reports
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique
- Malaysia Airlines to Axe 4,000 Employees, Including CEO; Suspends Trading of Shares
- West Looks Divided in Tackling Russian Invasion In Ukraine
- Amazon Threatened by Google’s Partnership with Barnes and Noble