FC Barcelona News: New Barca Keeper will Miss Gladbach
By Mark Wayne Eubank | May 21, 2014 11:00 PM EST
FC Barcelona goalkeeper Marc-Andre ter Stegen is saddened that he will be leaving the club that he loves most - Borussia Monchengladbach - where he spent almost his entire life, literally, but is also looking forward to play for one of the world's biggest clubs.
“It is an unusual feeling though because I will miss Borussia.” - Marc-Andre ter Stegen
Barca have already sealed the deal in bringing in the German international, who is expected to be first-choice in the years to come with Victor Valdes' impending exit, in the upcoming transfer window.
"I have been at [Borussia Monchengladbach] for 18 years, but I know that after a short summer break life will go on for me and for Borussia," the 22-year-old told Sky Sports.
"It is an unusual feeling though because I will miss Borussia."
"Of course, I am very excited about my new assignment. I want to try something new and hope to rise to the challenge."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- Toni Nadal Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time
- Manchester United: Did Ed Woodward Really Uttered Expletives During The Red Devils' Draw Against West Brom?
- Chelsea FC: No 'Crying' For The Blues Amid Injury Woes Ahead Of Man Utd Clash, Says Mourinho
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia