FC Barcelona News: New Barca Keeper will Miss Gladbach
By Mark Wayne Eubank | May 21, 2014 11:00 PM EST
FC Barcelona goalkeeper Marc-Andre ter Stegen is saddened that he will be leaving the club that he loves most - Borussia Monchengladbach - where he spent almost his entire life, literally, but is also looking forward to play for one of the world's biggest clubs.
“It is an unusual feeling though because I will miss Borussia.” - Marc-Andre ter Stegen
Barca have already sealed the deal in bringing in the German international, who is expected to be first-choice in the years to come with Victor Valdes' impending exit, in the upcoming transfer window.
"I have been at [Borussia Monchengladbach] for 18 years, but I know that after a short summer break life will go on for me and for Borussia," the 22-year-old told Sky Sports.
"It is an unusual feeling though because I will miss Borussia."
"Of course, I am very excited about my new assignment. I want to try something new and hope to rise to the challenge."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- Female Boxer Dies In South Africa Following Knockout Blow
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy