FC Barcelona News: New Barca Keeper will Miss Gladbach
By Mark Wayne Eubank | May 21, 2014 11:00 PM EST
FC Barcelona goalkeeper Marc-Andre ter Stegen is saddened that he will be leaving the club that he loves most - Borussia Monchengladbach - where he spent almost his entire life, literally, but is also looking forward to play for one of the world's biggest clubs.
“It is an unusual feeling though because I will miss Borussia.” - Marc-Andre ter Stegen
Barca have already sealed the deal in bringing in the German international, who is expected to be first-choice in the years to come with Victor Valdes' impending exit, in the upcoming transfer window.
"I have been at [Borussia Monchengladbach] for 18 years, but I know that after a short summer break life will go on for me and for Borussia," the 22-year-old told Sky Sports.
"It is an unusual feeling though because I will miss Borussia."
"Of course, I am very excited about my new assignment. I want to try something new and hope to rise to the challenge."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports