Transfer News: Dortmund Defender will not Move to Man United, Says Agent
By Mark Wayne Eubank | May 21, 2014 10:43 PM EST
Borussia Dortmund defender Mats Hummels will not move to Old Trafford this summer despite being heavily linked with English giants Manchester United.
“I have heard some rumours but Mats is happy at Dortmund at the moment, and only thinking about the World Cup.” - Herman Hummels, Mats' father and agent
It has been reported that recently appointed Red Devils manager Louis van Gaal fancies the 6'4 imposing centre-back, but the 25-year-old's father and agent was quick to brush off such rumours.
"I know Louis van Gaal from his time at Bayern Munich," Herman Hummels told talkSport.
"He's not contacted me about Mats moving to Manchester (United) though."
"I have heard some rumours but Mats is happy at Dortmund at the moment, and only thinking about the World Cup."
When healthy, the German international, who only featured in 23 Bundesliga matches during the newly concluded season, is a regular fixture for Jurgen Klopp's squad.
He is strong at the back, but is also versatile to deliver direct passes when executing counterattacks, and is also comfortable with the ball.
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr On Manny Pacquiao: 'He Must Know He's Not Going To Win
- For Mayweather, The Prize Comes First, Not The Fans
- Serena Williams On Caroline Wozniacki’s Friendship:’I Have Had A Love For Caroline From The Day I Met Her’
- NFL News: Chicago Bears Likely To Fire Head Coach Marc Trestman At End Of NFL Season
- NBA Trade Discussions ‘Tremendous’; 10 Teams Including Rockets, Clippers and Hornets Active For Probable Deals—NBA Insider