Transfer News: Dortmund Defender will not Move to Man United, Says Agent
By Mark Wayne Eubank | May 21, 2014 10:43 PM EST
Borussia Dortmund defender Mats Hummels will not move to Old Trafford this summer despite being heavily linked with English giants Manchester United.
“I have heard some rumours but Mats is happy at Dortmund at the moment, and only thinking about the World Cup.” - Herman Hummels, Mats' father and agent
It has been reported that recently appointed Red Devils manager Louis van Gaal fancies the 6'4 imposing centre-back, but the 25-year-old's father and agent was quick to brush off such rumours.
"I know Louis van Gaal from his time at Bayern Munich," Herman Hummels told talkSport.
"He's not contacted me about Mats moving to Manchester (United) though."
"I have heard some rumours but Mats is happy at Dortmund at the moment, and only thinking about the World Cup."
When healthy, the German international, who only featured in 23 Bundesliga matches during the newly concluded season, is a regular fixture for Jurgen Klopp's squad.
He is strong at the back, but is also versatile to deliver direct passes when executing counterattacks, and is also comfortable with the ball.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- UFC News: Ronda Rousey To Avenge Teammates, Demands Bethe Correia
- FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: Argentina vs. Philippines Preview, Starting Lineups
- Grigor Dimitrov Shares Fashion Tips With Maria Sharapova
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Group B: Greece vs. Philippines Live Streaming Info, Betting Odds and Preview
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: USA vs. Turkey Preview, Starting Lineups [VIDEO]
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen