Transfer News: Dortmund Defender will not Move to Man United, Says Agent
By Mark Wayne Eubank | May 21, 2014 10:43 PM EST
Borussia Dortmund defender Mats Hummels will not move to Old Trafford this summer despite being heavily linked with English giants Manchester United.
“I have heard some rumours but Mats is happy at Dortmund at the moment, and only thinking about the World Cup.” - Herman Hummels, Mats' father and agent
It has been reported that recently appointed Red Devils manager Louis van Gaal fancies the 6'4 imposing centre-back, but the 25-year-old's father and agent was quick to brush off such rumours.
"I know Louis van Gaal from his time at Bayern Munich," Herman Hummels told talkSport.
"He's not contacted me about Mats moving to Manchester (United) though."
"I have heard some rumours but Mats is happy at Dortmund at the moment, and only thinking about the World Cup."
When healthy, the German international, who only featured in 23 Bundesliga matches during the newly concluded season, is a regular fixture for Jurgen Klopp's squad.
He is strong at the back, but is also versatile to deliver direct passes when executing counterattacks, and is also comfortable with the ball.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Minnesota Timberwolves 2015-2015 NBA Preview: Wiggins-Rubio Era In Minneapolis Begins
- Dallas Mavericks 2015-2015 NBA Preview: Nowitzki, Ellis Has New Shooting Partner In Parsons
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- iPhone 6 vs Nexus 6 vs Galaxy Note 4: Performance and User Interface Comparison
- Fappening: Message Board Posters Belittle Nude Photo Leakers As D-Listers Seeking Publicity
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar