Transfer News: Dortmund Defender will not Move to Man United, Says Agent
By Mark Wayne Eubank | May 21, 2014 10:43 PM EST
Borussia Dortmund defender Mats Hummels will not move to Old Trafford this summer despite being heavily linked with English giants Manchester United.
“I have heard some rumours but Mats is happy at Dortmund at the moment, and only thinking about the World Cup.” - Herman Hummels, Mats' father and agent
It has been reported that recently appointed Red Devils manager Louis van Gaal fancies the 6'4 imposing centre-back, but the 25-year-old's father and agent was quick to brush off such rumours.
"I know Louis van Gaal from his time at Bayern Munich," Herman Hummels told talkSport.
"He's not contacted me about Mats moving to Manchester (United) though."
"I have heard some rumours but Mats is happy at Dortmund at the moment, and only thinking about the World Cup."
When healthy, the German international, who only featured in 23 Bundesliga matches during the newly concluded season, is a regular fixture for Jurgen Klopp's squad.
He is strong at the back, but is also versatile to deliver direct passes when executing counterattacks, and is also comfortable with the ball.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- No Kevin Love to Cleveland, Andrew Wiggins to Stay with Cavaliers
- Jeremy Lin Only an ‘Expiring Contract’ in Los Angeles; Lakers Want Eric Bledsoe
- Jeremy Lin Demands More Playing Time From Lakers Next Season
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June