Chelsea FC Transfer News: Blues Striker Insults Manager, will Likely Move On
By Mark Wayne Eubank | May 21, 2014 10:11 PM EST
Chelsea striker Samuel Eto'o hits back at Blues boss Jose Mourinho with strong words for questioning his capability to perform at the highest level due to his age.
“Contrary to what a puppet says about my age, I am still physically fit." Samuel Eto'o on Jose Mourinho's remarks
"Contrary to what a puppet says about my age, I am still physically fit," the Cameroonian international told CAF Online.
"At 33, I feel real good. I have proven that I could do better than youths."
"And I wish to also say that I am not going to the United States or to the Middle East. I will continue at the top level. I will continue to play the Champions League."
"My romance with this competition is far from over. I will not tell you where, but I will be at the top level."
"I am 33 and I have two World Cups to play. Before me there are other players who went on until the age of 41. So I can continue."
The former Barcelona man, who previously played for the "Special One" at Inter Milan, joined the west Londoners in 2013 for a one-year deal, but the increasing tension between the two will likely make Eto'o move on to a new chapter.
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage