Chelsea FC Transfer News: Blues Striker Insults Manager, will Likely Move On
By Mark Wayne Eubank | May 21, 2014 10:11 PM EST
Chelsea striker Samuel Eto'o hits back at Blues boss Jose Mourinho with strong words for questioning his capability to perform at the highest level due to his age.
“Contrary to what a puppet says about my age, I am still physically fit." Samuel Eto'o on Jose Mourinho's remarks
"Contrary to what a puppet says about my age, I am still physically fit," the Cameroonian international told CAF Online.
"At 33, I feel real good. I have proven that I could do better than youths."
"And I wish to also say that I am not going to the United States or to the Middle East. I will continue at the top level. I will continue to play the Champions League."
"My romance with this competition is far from over. I will not tell you where, but I will be at the top level."
"I am 33 and I have two World Cups to play. Before me there are other players who went on until the age of 41. So I can continue."
The former Barcelona man, who previously played for the "Special One" at Inter Milan, joined the west Londoners in 2013 for a one-year deal, but the increasing tension between the two will likely make Eto'o move on to a new chapter.
Join the Conversation
- MMA News: Transgender Fighter Fallon Fox Challenges Ronda Rousey, Fires Back on ‘Ignorant’ Comments
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Points Out Amir Khan's Poor Boxing Record
- Floyd Mayweather Admits Marcos Maidana’s Power Shot Hurt Him [VIDEO]
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Fight Won't Happen As Long As Bob Arum Is Involved, Says Pacquiao's Former Conditioning Coach
- WWE News: CM Punk Merchandise Pulled From Stands, Punk Chasing Royalties For WWE 2K15 Inclusion [VIDEO]
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Samsung Galaxy S5: Battle of the Samsung Flagship Smartphones
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Apple iPad Air 2, OS X Yosemite Release Date Set For October, While iPad Mini 3 With Retina Headed For 2015 Release
- Purported Xiaomi Redmi Note Successor Powered With Monstrous Processor Under Wraps, Will Take On Meizu MX4
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed