One Direction's Zayn Malik Shoulders $200,000 Fee for Girlfriend's New Home
By charmaine corne clutton | May 21, 2014 8:28 PM EST
The English boy band One Direction has definitely raked in millions of profit from all of their albums, and world tours. In fact, the English boy band is said to be the wealthiest group in British boy band history-amassing over £70 million worth of combined fortune, according to 'The Sunday Times Rich List'. Hence, when Perrie Edwards' mum was about to buy a house, the generous One Direction singer stepped in to foot the bill of £200,000.
The One Direction heartthrob only proves to show that he is a suitable son-in-law as he willingly splashed out money for his fiancée's new abode.
"Debbit has been saying how she's got a new house. Perrie was going to get the mortgage for her and then Zayn offered to buy it outright. She is just moving stuff in now. It costs more than £200,000 and is a new build," revealed a source to The Sun newspaper.
Zayn and Perrie met during a stint in "The X Factor" where the "Little Mix" songstress went on to win. After the meeting, the pair went on to the dating scene for almost two years, before Zayn Malik, 21, decided to pop the question to the chanteuse in August 2013.
"He's a really nice chap for buying the house. It's a lovely gesture ahead of their wedding. He gets on really well with her family," added the source.
The kind-hearted One Direction singer is not only trying to win the hearts of his future extended family. According to a report by the Daily Mail UK, the Bradford-born singer has also recently purchased a new pad for his own doting mum, Trisha in his hometown in Bradford.
"I know that you always used to say, "I'll get you a house one day when I'm older. But thank you for what you've done for us. I'm so proud of you,"Trisha, Zayn Malik's mom, said during One Direction's "This is Us" movie.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Jurassic World’ Director Teases New Image Featuring Chris Pratt In A Friendly Pose With A Raptor [Spoilers]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 10 Update: Air Date, Hints, Oliver Queen's Return Theories [Spoilers, Review]
- Bookmaker Suspends Bets on Queen Elizabeth II Christmas Day Abdication Announcement
- 'White Collar' Season 6, Episode 6 Spoiler: Matt Bomer's Neal Caffrey Dies In Finale Speculations, Mozzie Dies And 'Baby Neal' In Facebook Comments
- ‘The Voice’ Season 7 (2014) Finals/ Finale Results Recap: And The Winner Is… (Spoilers)