One Direction's Zayn Malik Shoulders $200,000 Fee for Girlfriend's New Home
By charmaine corne clutton | May 21, 2014 8:28 PM EST
The English boy band One Direction has definitely raked in millions of profit from all of their albums, and world tours. In fact, the English boy band is said to be the wealthiest group in British boy band history-amassing over £70 million worth of combined fortune, according to 'The Sunday Times Rich List'. Hence, when Perrie Edwards' mum was about to buy a house, the generous One Direction singer stepped in to foot the bill of £200,000.
The One Direction heartthrob only proves to show that he is a suitable son-in-law as he willingly splashed out money for his fiancée's new abode.
"Debbit has been saying how she's got a new house. Perrie was going to get the mortgage for her and then Zayn offered to buy it outright. She is just moving stuff in now. It costs more than £200,000 and is a new build," revealed a source to The Sun newspaper.
Zayn and Perrie met during a stint in "The X Factor" where the "Little Mix" songstress went on to win. After the meeting, the pair went on to the dating scene for almost two years, before Zayn Malik, 21, decided to pop the question to the chanteuse in August 2013.
"He's a really nice chap for buying the house. It's a lovely gesture ahead of their wedding. He gets on really well with her family," added the source.
The kind-hearted One Direction singer is not only trying to win the hearts of his future extended family. According to a report by the Daily Mail UK, the Bradford-born singer has also recently purchased a new pad for his own doting mum, Trisha in his hometown in Bradford.
"I know that you always used to say, "I'll get you a house one day when I'm older. But thank you for what you've done for us. I'm so proud of you,"Trisha, Zayn Malik's mom, said during One Direction's "This is Us" movie.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Katy Perry's Date Riff Raff At MTV VMAs: Top 5 Things To Know About The Rapper
- ‘True Blood’: Identity Of Sookie’s Husband In Final Episode Thank You Revealed
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Spoilers: Juice Ratting Gemma Out To Jax, Unser Helping New Sheriff
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Spoilers: Cersei Lannister – Possible Deviation From The Books
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Warns Gareth Of Dire Consequences In New Promo [VIDEO]
- Why Moto X is Not the Best Smartphone to Purchase Now?
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Two Weeks to Go Starting at $800 with New Phosphorus HealthKit Chip
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini vs. LG G3 S (aka LG G3 Beat, LG G3 Mini) – Specs, Features And Price Showdown
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Bill Shorten Calls Tony Abbott 'Ineligible' To Lead Australia; Government Party-Room Leaks On Abbott'sTravel Entitlements