One Direction's Zayn Malik Shoulders $200,000 Fee for Girlfriend's New Home
By charmaine corne clutton | May 21, 2014 8:28 PM EST
The English boy band One Direction has definitely raked in millions of profit from all of their albums, and world tours. In fact, the English boy band is said to be the wealthiest group in British boy band history-amassing over £70 million worth of combined fortune, according to 'The Sunday Times Rich List'. Hence, when Perrie Edwards' mum was about to buy a house, the generous One Direction singer stepped in to foot the bill of £200,000.
The One Direction heartthrob only proves to show that he is a suitable son-in-law as he willingly splashed out money for his fiancée's new abode.
"Debbit has been saying how she's got a new house. Perrie was going to get the mortgage for her and then Zayn offered to buy it outright. She is just moving stuff in now. It costs more than £200,000 and is a new build," revealed a source to The Sun newspaper.
Zayn and Perrie met during a stint in "The X Factor" where the "Little Mix" songstress went on to win. After the meeting, the pair went on to the dating scene for almost two years, before Zayn Malik, 21, decided to pop the question to the chanteuse in August 2013.
"He's a really nice chap for buying the house. It's a lovely gesture ahead of their wedding. He gets on really well with her family," added the source.
The kind-hearted One Direction singer is not only trying to win the hearts of his future extended family. According to a report by the Daily Mail UK, the Bradford-born singer has also recently purchased a new pad for his own doting mum, Trisha in his hometown in Bradford.
"I know that you always used to say, "I'll get you a house one day when I'm older. But thank you for what you've done for us. I'm so proud of you,"Trisha, Zayn Malik's mom, said during One Direction's "This is Us" movie.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Celebrities Suffering From Lupus: Facts About the Disease
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy: Alleged Miscarriage Makes Prince William and Prince Harry Somber - Reports
- Beyonce &Jay Z Marriage Story: Bey Not Attracted to Jay, Married Him for Professional Growth - Reports
- Kendra Wilkinson's Divorce Troubles: Hank Baskett Cheated Before Allegedly Caught with Transexual Model - Reports
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers, Speculations: Stana Katic in More ‘Beast’ Action, Nathan Fillion Mulls Caskett Wedding Schedule
- Khloe Kardashian Feels her Failed Marriage with Lamar Odom Helped Cause Rob Kardashian's Depression
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona, Man Utd to Compete for Juan Cuadrado's Signature as Fiorentina Reveal Willingness to Sell
- Hilary Duff's New Music Video Chasing the Sun Goes Viral on YouTube [WATCH VIDEO]
- LeBron James to Return to Miami, Face Heat on Christmas Day 2014
- Shanghai Stock Exchange Will Not Extend Trading Hours
- Qatar's Surging Real Estate Prices Won't Affect Thriving Economy – Report