'Better Call Saul' ‘Not’ Another 'Breaking Bad,' Aaron Paul Teases Jesse Pinkman’s Return
By Anshu Shrivastava | May 21, 2014 8:26 PM EST
Jesse Pinkman, played by Aaron Paul, may appear in the prequel of AMC's cult drama series "Breaking Bad," which is called "Better Call Saul." This new show is set in a time when Saul Goodman had not met Walter White and Mike Ehrmantraut was not dead.
As previously reported, Paul is in talks with Vince Gilligan, creator of "Better Call Saul," to discuss the possibility of reprising the role of Pinkman. Recently at BAFTA Television Awards, the actor said to the press that he would like to play the role of Pinkman, again.
"[I'll be in it] if they'll have me," Paul said, as quoted by Digital Spy. "It's a prequel, so it'd be nice to play Jesse Pinkman again in his happier times."
Also, Paul indicated that "Better Call Saul" is not "Breaking Bad" and he thinks that the new series is going to be great. "I went into the writer's room a few weeks back and just hung out with everybody there," the actor said to Entertainment Wise.
"I took a peek on the boards on the wall to kind of get a glimpse of what the whole story is about. It's not going to be another Breaking Bad and that's fine. It's a prequel and it just follows the Saul Goodman character and I think it's going to be very exciting to dive deeper into his world," Paul added.
He called Bryan Cranston his mentor, adding that he has learnt a lot from him. Paul said, "... I've grown so much as an actor and I know this sounds cheesy but I've grown so much as a man just being around him. I've learnt so much and I love him."
Paul would love to work with Cranston, again.
Meanwhile, Anna Gunn had said to E! Online that she has heard rumours that she will be reprising the role of Skyler White in "Better Call Saul." If Pinkman was the much loved character, the fans did not hide their hate for Anna's character. It will be interesting to see both the characters in a time when Walter White was just a milquetoast Chemistry teacher.
"Better Call Saul" will be filmed in Albuquerque, the New Mexico.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- National Ice Cream Day: Most-Ordered Flavors and Toppings by Americans [See Photos]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Celebrities Whose Life Changed Because of Sexual Abuse and Molestation
Join the Conversation
- Bachelorette 2014, Bachelor 2015 Spoilers: Andi Dorfman Hints at Next Bachelor; Find Out What He Thinks About the Job
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic says ‘Back in the Saddle’, Beckett, Castle Romance to Grow Stronger
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Orange is the New Black Update: Reality T.V. Star to Appear in Season 3, Actor Says Show can Run for Long Time, even with New Protagonist
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $499 Comes With 5.5-Inch Quad HD Display, Snapdragon 805 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People