Ten Interesting Facts About 'The Voice' Season 6 Winner from Team Usher - Josh Kaufman [VIDEO]
By nidhi tewari | May 21, 2014 8:24 PM EST
Josh Kaufman just won the season six of NBC's singing reality show "The Voice" and the Internet is still rejoicing in it. The Florida-born singer hails as a member of Usher's team but was previously on Adam Levine's team. By winning the prestigious title, Josh defeated equally talented finalists Jake Worthington and Christina Grimmie. Let's find out some interesting facts about Josh Kaufman's life.
Usher accepts the award for favorite soul R&B male artist at the 40th American Music Awards in Los Angeles
1. Josh has had a musical bent of mind since very early years of life. When he was just four years old, Josh was playing the piano in church.
2. He has unsuccessfully tried his luck with American reality show "The X-Factor" but could not get through it.
3. At 16 years of age, Josh participated in a reality series "Star Search." He won in first two episodes but lost the third one.
4. "It was a good experience. I think the biggest difference between then and now is I have new perspective on it," Josh reveals about his "Star Search" participation to music.yahoo.com.
5. Josh regrets losing the reality series then and credits himself fully for it. "I think I felt at 16, I was like, 'Oh, I'm 16, other opportunities will come along.' I didn't really grasp a hold of it the way I probably should have. I didn't understand how big it was. Now, I do," Kaufman revealed to the Web site.
6. Josh is now 38-years-old is married to Jennifer Myer and they have three children. They live in Indianapolis, Indiana.
7. Prior to participating in "The Voice" Josh Kaufman tutored for SAT prep and sang with his band The New Etiquette, which was formerly known as Josh Kaufman and the Frequency.
8. Josh has three children.
9. "I can't even talk...I'm overwhelmed, surprised and happy...It's been so much more than I ever imagined," Josh's first reaction after winning "The Voice" finale, according to Daily Mail.
10. "Wow. Can't believe this is it. Gonna be a great night! Hope you'll be watching. #VoiceTop3," Josh tweeted before the grand finale. And after the show he thanked his fans and supporters who voted for him and made it happen.
"That's it everybody. Thanks so much to all of you who voted & bought songs. I appreciate you all so much. I wouldn't be here without you," Josh tweeted.
Watch his winning performances below.
Source: Youtube.com/The Voice
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- National Ice Cream Day: Most-Ordered Flavors and Toppings by Americans [See Photos]
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Bachelorette 2014, Bachelor 2015 Spoilers: Andi Dorfman Hints at Next Bachelor; Find Out What He Thinks About the Job
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic says ‘Back in the Saddle’, Beckett, Castle Romance to Grow Stronger
- Orange is the New Black Update: Reality T.V. Star to Appear in Season 3, Actor Says Show can Run for Long Time, even with New Protagonist
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People