Channing Tatum Coins New Term for Alcoholics, Calls Himself 'High-Functioning' Alcoholic in GQ Magazine Interview
By nidhi tewari | May 21, 2014 8:22 PM EST
Channing Tatum has coined a new term for his alcoholic abilities. He likes to call himself a "high-functioning alcoholic" who drinks too much of alcohol for creative pleasures. However, when need be, the 34-year-old can also completely cut down on alcohol for as long as four months.
Actor Channing Tatum with his wife Jenna Dewan pose with his Trailblazer award backstage at the 2014 MTV Movie Awards in Los Angeles, California April 13, 2014.
"I probably drink too much, you know. My wife, that's what she bought into ... I'm probably a pretty high-functioning, I guess, you know, I would say, alcoholic, I guess," Tatum revealed in an interview with the GQ magazine's June edition, mercurynews.com is reporting.
"There's probably a tendency to escape. I equate it to creativity, and I definitely equate it to having a good time," the "21 Jump Street" actor revealed. So what are the reasons Tatum will cut on alcohol?
The actor revealed to the magazine that the birth of his first child did help him cut back but he showed to the word that he was not dependent on alcohol while making the "Magic Mike" sequel when he did not touch it for four months. However when he completed the movie, it was "go time."
The actor has been busy in recent time shooting four movies back to back. On the personal front, his wife Jenna Dewan Tatum delivered their first child some time back.
"I feel like I was definitely the fat kid at the buffet. There were four really great projects, and I was, 'I wanna do them all.' They're like, 'You know doing four movies back-to-back is going to kill you?' And I'm, 'Yeah, but that's something I can take. That's just going to be tiring, and tired doesn't kill you,'" the actor added.
Channing and Jenna met on the making of the movie "Step Up" in 2006 and have been married for five years. The super busy actor and his wife decided to have a baby at the time when their careers were at peak and Channing happily acknowledges the fact that the idea of having a baby was "sort of a crazy and harebrained."
The couple had daughter Everly in May last year.
"I don't think we thought it all the way through," states Tatum, but the couple is "happy as hell about it."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage