Channing Tatum Coins New Term for Alcoholics, Calls Himself 'High-Functioning' Alcoholic in GQ Magazine Interview
By nidhi tewari | May 21, 2014 8:22 PM EST
Channing Tatum has coined a new term for his alcoholic abilities. He likes to call himself a "high-functioning alcoholic" who drinks too much of alcohol for creative pleasures. However, when need be, the 34-year-old can also completely cut down on alcohol for as long as four months.
Actor Channing Tatum with his wife Jenna Dewan pose with his Trailblazer award backstage at the 2014 MTV Movie Awards in Los Angeles, California April 13, 2014.
"I probably drink too much, you know. My wife, that's what she bought into ... I'm probably a pretty high-functioning, I guess, you know, I would say, alcoholic, I guess," Tatum revealed in an interview with the GQ magazine's June edition, mercurynews.com is reporting.
"There's probably a tendency to escape. I equate it to creativity, and I definitely equate it to having a good time," the "21 Jump Street" actor revealed. So what are the reasons Tatum will cut on alcohol?
The actor revealed to the magazine that the birth of his first child did help him cut back but he showed to the word that he was not dependent on alcohol while making the "Magic Mike" sequel when he did not touch it for four months. However when he completed the movie, it was "go time."
The actor has been busy in recent time shooting four movies back to back. On the personal front, his wife Jenna Dewan Tatum delivered their first child some time back.
"I feel like I was definitely the fat kid at the buffet. There were four really great projects, and I was, 'I wanna do them all.' They're like, 'You know doing four movies back-to-back is going to kill you?' And I'm, 'Yeah, but that's something I can take. That's just going to be tiring, and tired doesn't kill you,'" the actor added.
Channing and Jenna met on the making of the movie "Step Up" in 2006 and have been married for five years. The super busy actor and his wife decided to have a baby at the time when their careers were at peak and Channing happily acknowledges the fact that the idea of having a baby was "sort of a crazy and harebrained."
The couple had daughter Everly in May last year.
"I don't think we thought it all the way through," states Tatum, but the couple is "happy as hell about it."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Shocking Inside Stories Of Prince Charles and Princess Diana Revealed By Former Press Officer
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Spoilers: Queen Elsa Of 'Frozen' May Not Be The Big Villain (Premiere Date In A Week's Time)
- Another Celebrity Nude Photo Leak: Naked Pics Of Liam Payne And Kim Kardashian Uploaded Online
- Madonna Posts Video Of Son Hailed As Possibly The Next Dancing Prodigy
- Rihanna Nude Photos Leaked – The Fappening 2: Second Wave Of Celebrities Nude Pictures Leak on 4chan And Reddit
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- New Zealand Could Be Next ISIS Target After Australia Beheading Plot, Says Expert
- China Is Also Seizing Disputed Land Along Indian Border