Channing Tatum Coins New Term for Alcoholics, Calls Himself 'High-Functioning' Alcoholic in GQ Magazine Interview
By nidhi tewari | May 21, 2014 8:22 PM EST
Channing Tatum has coined a new term for his alcoholic abilities. He likes to call himself a "high-functioning alcoholic" who drinks too much of alcohol for creative pleasures. However, when need be, the 34-year-old can also completely cut down on alcohol for as long as four months.
Actor Channing Tatum with his wife Jenna Dewan pose with his Trailblazer award backstage at the 2014 MTV Movie Awards in Los Angeles, California April 13, 2014.
"I probably drink too much, you know. My wife, that's what she bought into ... I'm probably a pretty high-functioning, I guess, you know, I would say, alcoholic, I guess," Tatum revealed in an interview with the GQ magazine's June edition, mercurynews.com is reporting.
"There's probably a tendency to escape. I equate it to creativity, and I definitely equate it to having a good time," the "21 Jump Street" actor revealed. So what are the reasons Tatum will cut on alcohol?
The actor revealed to the magazine that the birth of his first child did help him cut back but he showed to the word that he was not dependent on alcohol while making the "Magic Mike" sequel when he did not touch it for four months. However when he completed the movie, it was "go time."
The actor has been busy in recent time shooting four movies back to back. On the personal front, his wife Jenna Dewan Tatum delivered their first child some time back.
"I feel like I was definitely the fat kid at the buffet. There were four really great projects, and I was, 'I wanna do them all.' They're like, 'You know doing four movies back-to-back is going to kill you?' And I'm, 'Yeah, but that's something I can take. That's just going to be tiring, and tired doesn't kill you,'" the actor added.
Channing and Jenna met on the making of the movie "Step Up" in 2006 and have been married for five years. The super busy actor and his wife decided to have a baby at the time when their careers were at peak and Channing happily acknowledges the fact that the idea of having a baby was "sort of a crazy and harebrained."
The couple had daughter Everly in May last year.
"I don't think we thought it all the way through," states Tatum, but the couple is "happy as hell about it."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- NCIS Season 12 Spoilers: Fans Fear Cote de Pablo Not Coming Back, Tony DiNozzo Moving On from Ziva David
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Report: Duchess Expecting a Baby Girl, Prince William Wants 3 Kids [PHOTOS]
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown