Channing Tatum Coins New Term for Alcoholics, Calls Himself 'High-Functioning' Alcoholic in GQ Magazine Interview
By nidhi tewari | May 21, 2014 8:22 PM EST
Channing Tatum has coined a new term for his alcoholic abilities. He likes to call himself a "high-functioning alcoholic" who drinks too much of alcohol for creative pleasures. However, when need be, the 34-year-old can also completely cut down on alcohol for as long as four months.
Actor Channing Tatum with his wife Jenna Dewan pose with his Trailblazer award backstage at the 2014 MTV Movie Awards in Los Angeles, California April 13, 2014.
"I probably drink too much, you know. My wife, that's what she bought into ... I'm probably a pretty high-functioning, I guess, you know, I would say, alcoholic, I guess," Tatum revealed in an interview with the GQ magazine's June edition, mercurynews.com is reporting.
"There's probably a tendency to escape. I equate it to creativity, and I definitely equate it to having a good time," the "21 Jump Street" actor revealed. So what are the reasons Tatum will cut on alcohol?
The actor revealed to the magazine that the birth of his first child did help him cut back but he showed to the word that he was not dependent on alcohol while making the "Magic Mike" sequel when he did not touch it for four months. However when he completed the movie, it was "go time."
The actor has been busy in recent time shooting four movies back to back. On the personal front, his wife Jenna Dewan Tatum delivered their first child some time back.
"I feel like I was definitely the fat kid at the buffet. There were four really great projects, and I was, 'I wanna do them all.' They're like, 'You know doing four movies back-to-back is going to kill you?' And I'm, 'Yeah, but that's something I can take. That's just going to be tiring, and tired doesn't kill you,'" the actor added.
Channing and Jenna met on the making of the movie "Step Up" in 2006 and have been married for five years. The super busy actor and his wife decided to have a baby at the time when their careers were at peak and Channing happily acknowledges the fact that the idea of having a baby was "sort of a crazy and harebrained."
The couple had daughter Everly in May last year.
"I don't think we thought it all the way through," states Tatum, but the couple is "happy as hell about it."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Celebrities Suffering From Lupus: Facts About the Disease
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy: Alleged Miscarriage Makes Prince William and Prince Harry Somber - Reports
- Beyonce &Jay Z Marriage Story: Bey Not Attracted to Jay, Married Him for Professional Growth - Reports
- Kendra Wilkinson's Divorce Troubles: Hank Baskett Cheated Before Allegedly Caught with Transexual Model - Reports
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers, Speculations: Stana Katic in More ‘Beast’ Action, Nathan Fillion Mulls Caskett Wedding Schedule
- Khloe Kardashian Feels her Failed Marriage with Lamar Odom Helped Cause Rob Kardashian's Depression
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona, Man Utd to Compete for Juan Cuadrado's Signature as Fiorentina Reveal Willingness to Sell
- Hilary Duff's New Music Video Chasing the Sun Goes Viral on YouTube [WATCH VIDEO]
- LeBron James to Return to Miami, Face Heat on Christmas Day 2014
- Shanghai Stock Exchange Will Not Extend Trading Hours
- Qatar's Surging Real Estate Prices Won't Affect Thriving Economy – Report