‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Updates: Emma Robert’s Role and Production to Begin in July
By Anshu Shrivastava | May 21, 2014 7:00 PM EST
Emma Roberts wants to play a freak in the new season of FX's horror anthology series "American Horror Story," subtitled "Freak Show." She portrayed the role of an evil witch, Madison, in "American Horror Story-Coven."
In an interview with Refinery29, the Roberts said that she would like to play any kind of freak. The actress said, "It would be so fun and so interesting. Last year, when everybody was talking about coming back, everyone said, 'Emma's going to come back and be the bearded lady!' I was like, 'Oh my god, you guys! Shut up!' I would laugh so hard if I had to put on a beard every day. But why not?"
The actress, however, did not reveal any detail about her character in the upcoming season. However, the actress revealed that the production of the new season is set to begin in July.
"... in July, I'm going back to American Horror Story for the big freak show! I'm really excited for that," Roberts said, adding that it is her favourite show.
"I was so excited when they asked me to come back and do this next season. I love that it's going to be a freak show and that it's going to be a period piece this year," Roberts added.
As previously reported, the new season of "American Horror Story" will be a period drama and will be set in 1950. It is set in Jupiter, Florida but the shooting will take place in New Orleans. The Season 3 of this show was also shot in New Orleans.
In her final appearance in "American Horror Story," Jessica Lange will be portraying the role of a German-expat. She will be seen running one of the last freak shows in the U.S. The freaks are said to be the performers who have been rescued by Lange's character. These performers will do anything to keep the freak show in business.
Sarah Paulson, Angela Bassett, Kathy Bates, Frances Conroy and Evan Peters are expected to be the performers. Gabourey Sidibe, Jamie Brewer and Denis O'Hare are also returning to portray new characters in "American Horror Story-Freak Show."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- ‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Final Season] Update: Jon Hamm Talks About Surprises And Things Looking Up
- Nina Dobrev Moves On From Ian Somerhalder: ‘TVD’ Actress Trying To Reconcile With Ex, ‘DWTS’ Star Derek Hough—Report Suggests
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Casting: Brothel Guard, Military Officer And More
- ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Season 11 Premiere (Episode 1) Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘I Must Have Lost It On The Wind'
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best