Viral Video: Wish I Was Here - Official Trailer - In Theaters July 18th [Watch YouTube Clip]
By Ma Evelyn Castino Quilas | May 21, 2014 6:33 PM EST
It seems that Zach Braff fans can't wait to see his Kickstarter funded movie "Wish I Was Here" in the theaters come July 18th . The movie's trailer which was uploaded to YouTube on Monday already amassed almost 1 million views in just two days.
The indie film was premiered at the Sundance Film Festival and distributed by Focus Features. It originally aimed for $2 million but has already surpassed the amount by more than $1.1 million.
Among the stars for this film are Zach Braff, Kate Hudson, Jim Parsons, Mandy Patinkin, Donald Faison, Ashley Greene, Joey King, Pierce Gagnon, and Josh God.
According to the unofficial synopsis from Baeble Music, "Wish I Was Here" revolves around the life of a struggling actor, father, and husband named Aidan Bloom. He was 35 years of age who still struggles to find his identity and look for a purpose for his life. When he could not anymore afford the expensive rate at the private school for his two children, he ended up trying to homeschool them. In the process, Aidan gradually gets to know some parts of himself that he had been looking for while teaching his children about life.
In the movie trailer, the family can be seen eating breakfast at the table. They have a swear jar nearby which contains the penalty for every time a family member swears. Aidan explained that the money is going to be used for the children's college education.
Aidan is also seen lining up for a screening but the interviewer does not believe in his pursuit of happiness. In his desperation, he noticed an empty pamphlet stand which states "This pamphlet could save your life."
The family can also be seen running on a park and on the dessert. Aidan and the two kids is also seen standing amidst rows and rows of mannequin heads with Aidan tucking the swear jar underneath his arms. He let his daughter select any wig she wants and the daughter ended up with a purple one.
They are also seen meditating on top of boulders with arms spread wide apart. They also spent time surfing the waves, relaxing by the seashore, and practicing the dive skills. They are also seen on several instances riding a car.
There was also an instance in the clip where Aidan was punched at the grocery store with his children watching near him, the swear jar falling into pieces as coins scatter on the floor.
Watch the official trailer of "Wish I Was Here" from YouTube.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Hilarious Reactions For Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Secret Wedding: George Clooney, Jennifer Aniston, Billy Bob Thornton
- ‘Bachelor In Paradise’ Episode 6 Spoilers: Next Week Tests Relationships And Sees A Shocking Exit
- Mila Kunis-Ashton Kutcher Baby; Actor ‘Not Letting Mila Out Of His Sight’
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Exclusive New Trailer, Charlie Hunnam Is Guy Ritchie’s Choice For King Arthur [VIDEO]
- ‘Castle’ Update: Watch Stana Katic, Jon, Seamus Take Bucket Challenge At Season 7 Set, Nathan Fillion Missing [VIDEOS]
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko