Viral Video: Wish I Was Here - Official Trailer - In Theaters July 18th [Watch YouTube Clip]
By Ma Evelyn Castino Quilas | May 21, 2014 6:33 PM EST
It seems that Zach Braff fans can't wait to see his Kickstarter funded movie "Wish I Was Here" in the theaters come July 18th . The movie's trailer which was uploaded to YouTube on Monday already amassed almost 1 million views in just two days.
The indie film was premiered at the Sundance Film Festival and distributed by Focus Features. It originally aimed for $2 million but has already surpassed the amount by more than $1.1 million.
Among the stars for this film are Zach Braff, Kate Hudson, Jim Parsons, Mandy Patinkin, Donald Faison, Ashley Greene, Joey King, Pierce Gagnon, and Josh God.
According to the unofficial synopsis from Baeble Music, "Wish I Was Here" revolves around the life of a struggling actor, father, and husband named Aidan Bloom. He was 35 years of age who still struggles to find his identity and look for a purpose for his life. When he could not anymore afford the expensive rate at the private school for his two children, he ended up trying to homeschool them. In the process, Aidan gradually gets to know some parts of himself that he had been looking for while teaching his children about life.
In the movie trailer, the family can be seen eating breakfast at the table. They have a swear jar nearby which contains the penalty for every time a family member swears. Aidan explained that the money is going to be used for the children's college education.
Aidan is also seen lining up for a screening but the interviewer does not believe in his pursuit of happiness. In his desperation, he noticed an empty pamphlet stand which states "This pamphlet could save your life."
The family can also be seen running on a park and on the dessert. Aidan and the two kids is also seen standing amidst rows and rows of mannequin heads with Aidan tucking the swear jar underneath his arms. He let his daughter select any wig she wants and the daughter ended up with a purple one.
They are also seen meditating on top of boulders with arms spread wide apart. They also spent time surfing the waves, relaxing by the seashore, and practicing the dive skills. They are also seen on several instances riding a car.
There was also an instance in the clip where Aidan was punched at the grocery store with his children watching near him, the swear jar falling into pieces as coins scatter on the floor.
Watch the official trailer of "Wish I Was Here" from YouTube.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic says ‘Back in the Saddle’, Beckett, Castle Romance to Grow Stronger
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People
- Raining Discounts: $100 Price Cut on Moto X; LG G3 Available for $100 On-Contract; Sony Xperia Z2 on Release Date Gets $50 Price Cut (U.S.)