Viral Video: Wish I Was Here - Official Trailer - In Theaters July 18th [Watch YouTube Clip]
By Ma Evelyn Castino Quilas | May 21, 2014 6:33 PM EST
It seems that Zach Braff fans can't wait to see his Kickstarter funded movie "Wish I Was Here" in the theaters come July 18th . The movie's trailer which was uploaded to YouTube on Monday already amassed almost 1 million views in just two days.
The indie film was premiered at the Sundance Film Festival and distributed by Focus Features. It originally aimed for $2 million but has already surpassed the amount by more than $1.1 million.
Among the stars for this film are Zach Braff, Kate Hudson, Jim Parsons, Mandy Patinkin, Donald Faison, Ashley Greene, Joey King, Pierce Gagnon, and Josh God.
According to the unofficial synopsis from Baeble Music, "Wish I Was Here" revolves around the life of a struggling actor, father, and husband named Aidan Bloom. He was 35 years of age who still struggles to find his identity and look for a purpose for his life. When he could not anymore afford the expensive rate at the private school for his two children, he ended up trying to homeschool them. In the process, Aidan gradually gets to know some parts of himself that he had been looking for while teaching his children about life.
In the movie trailer, the family can be seen eating breakfast at the table. They have a swear jar nearby which contains the penalty for every time a family member swears. Aidan explained that the money is going to be used for the children's college education.
Aidan is also seen lining up for a screening but the interviewer does not believe in his pursuit of happiness. In his desperation, he noticed an empty pamphlet stand which states "This pamphlet could save your life."
The family can also be seen running on a park and on the dessert. Aidan and the two kids is also seen standing amidst rows and rows of mannequin heads with Aidan tucking the swear jar underneath his arms. He let his daughter select any wig she wants and the daughter ended up with a purple one.
They are also seen meditating on top of boulders with arms spread wide apart. They also spent time surfing the waves, relaxing by the seashore, and practicing the dive skills. They are also seen on several instances riding a car.
There was also an instance in the clip where Aidan was punched at the grocery store with his children watching near him, the swear jar falling into pieces as coins scatter on the floor.
Watch the official trailer of "Wish I Was Here" from YouTube.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy 2’ Nebula Is Alive And James Gunn Wants Fans To See More Of Her
- Selena Gomez And Justin Bieber: Songstress Fears Pregnancy After Experiencing Pregnancy Symptoms—Report
- 'American Horror Story' Season 4 Episode 8 Spoilers: Big Twist Features Dandy In Blood Bath
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Episode 11 On Hold, Return Date, Title And Synopsis Of New Episode
- ‘The Hobbit: The Battle Of The Five Armies’ New Images Of Bard And Smaug In Battle
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Australian and Other Select Earth Locations Hold Proofs Life Once Existed On Mars – Report