Star Wars Episode VII: Carrie Fisher Was Forced to Lose Weight to Get Back in the Movie
By charmaine corne clutton | May 21, 2014 6:22 PM EST
The seventh installment to the epic sci-fi saga is going to be released in 2015 but the cast of the movie has still been shrouded in mystery. The producers, however, have hinted that the original cast of the sci-fi franchise shall be reappearing in the seventh installment-including of course, Harrison Ford (Han Solo), Mark Hamill (Luke Skywalker) and Carrie Fisher (Princess Leia). Harrison Ford, however, has been pretty shady about his appearance in "Star Wars: Episode VII" when aske during an interview in Cannes.
While the actors in the upcoming seventh installment of "Star Wars" are busy preparing for their respective roles, it looks like Carrie Fisher (Princess Leia) had to work extra hard to get back into the movie. According to a report by Perez Hilton, the original actress of the sci-fi saga was "forced" to trim down her weight by a staggering 40 pounds!
Debbie Reynolds revealed last week that Fisher had lost 40 pounds in preparation for her upcoming role in the "Star Wars" flick.
"They didn't hire me, they hired me minus 35 pounds." Carrie Fisher revealed in a recent interview. The actress, however, was still in a jovial mood in spite of the weight issues that she had to deal with in preparation for the movie's role. The actress reportedly laughed off her confession about her weight loss.
Meanwhile, JJ Abrams, the director of the upcoming seventh installment of the movie, gave out a heartwarming message to his crew and cast by saying:
"Dearest cast and crew. What an honour it is to work beside all of you, on Star Wars Ep VII. I can't thank you enough, for all work past and future. Let's take good care of not just ourselves but of each other. Amazing, but true: the world awaits this film. Let's give 'em something GREAT. Xo JJ"
The filming of the movie has commenced last May 16, 2014. The released of the most-anticipated installment to the sci-fi sage shall be on Dec 18, 2015 in the U.S.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- ‘America's Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Winner: Betting Odds And Judges Predict Who Could Win The Finals
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Winner Predictions: Fellow Contestants And Betting Odds Predict Who Could Win Mirror Ball Trophy
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Nine Moments From Episode 1, The Locomotion Interruption
- Norman Reedus Instagrams ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Poster Featuring Rick Grimes With A Twist
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Season 2 Preview: Sam’s Fairy Tale Date, Belly Dancing Time, Who Exits
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 Plus vs Xiaomi Mi4 – The iPhone Killer Certainly Can Battle Well With The New Apple Phablet
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet