Star Wars Episode VII: Carrie Fisher Was Forced to Lose Weight to Get Back in the Movie
By charmaine corne clutton | May 21, 2014 6:22 PM EST
The seventh installment to the epic sci-fi saga is going to be released in 2015 but the cast of the movie has still been shrouded in mystery. The producers, however, have hinted that the original cast of the sci-fi franchise shall be reappearing in the seventh installment-including of course, Harrison Ford (Han Solo), Mark Hamill (Luke Skywalker) and Carrie Fisher (Princess Leia). Harrison Ford, however, has been pretty shady about his appearance in "Star Wars: Episode VII" when aske during an interview in Cannes.
While the actors in the upcoming seventh installment of "Star Wars" are busy preparing for their respective roles, it looks like Carrie Fisher (Princess Leia) had to work extra hard to get back into the movie. According to a report by Perez Hilton, the original actress of the sci-fi saga was "forced" to trim down her weight by a staggering 40 pounds!
Debbie Reynolds revealed last week that Fisher had lost 40 pounds in preparation for her upcoming role in the "Star Wars" flick.
"They didn't hire me, they hired me minus 35 pounds." Carrie Fisher revealed in a recent interview. The actress, however, was still in a jovial mood in spite of the weight issues that she had to deal with in preparation for the movie's role. The actress reportedly laughed off her confession about her weight loss.
Meanwhile, JJ Abrams, the director of the upcoming seventh installment of the movie, gave out a heartwarming message to his crew and cast by saying:
"Dearest cast and crew. What an honour it is to work beside all of you, on Star Wars Ep VII. I can't thank you enough, for all work past and future. Let's take good care of not just ourselves but of each other. Amazing, but true: the world awaits this film. Let's give 'em something GREAT. Xo JJ"
The filming of the movie has commenced last May 16, 2014. The released of the most-anticipated installment to the sci-fi sage shall be on Dec 18, 2015 in the U.S.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Cavaliers, LeBron James Flop In First Game Back In Cleveland; New York Knicks, Melo Pull Off Road Upset, 95-90 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- This Is Why Japanese Princess Masako Attended First Palace Banquet After 11 Years
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- Pregnant Kourtney Kardashian Talks About Marrying Scott Disick, Her Pregnancy Cravings and Picking Out Baby Names
- ‘The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies’ Premiere Announcement Plus Spoilers [Watch Video]
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists