Star Wars Episode VII: Carrie Fisher Was Forced to Lose Weight to Get Back in the Movie
By charmaine corne clutton | May 21, 2014 6:22 PM EST
The seventh installment to the epic sci-fi saga is going to be released in 2015 but the cast of the movie has still been shrouded in mystery. The producers, however, have hinted that the original cast of the sci-fi franchise shall be reappearing in the seventh installment-including of course, Harrison Ford (Han Solo), Mark Hamill (Luke Skywalker) and Carrie Fisher (Princess Leia). Harrison Ford, however, has been pretty shady about his appearance in "Star Wars: Episode VII" when aske during an interview in Cannes.
While the actors in the upcoming seventh installment of "Star Wars" are busy preparing for their respective roles, it looks like Carrie Fisher (Princess Leia) had to work extra hard to get back into the movie. According to a report by Perez Hilton, the original actress of the sci-fi saga was "forced" to trim down her weight by a staggering 40 pounds!
Debbie Reynolds revealed last week that Fisher had lost 40 pounds in preparation for her upcoming role in the "Star Wars" flick.
"They didn't hire me, they hired me minus 35 pounds." Carrie Fisher revealed in a recent interview. The actress, however, was still in a jovial mood in spite of the weight issues that she had to deal with in preparation for the movie's role. The actress reportedly laughed off her confession about her weight loss.
Meanwhile, JJ Abrams, the director of the upcoming seventh installment of the movie, gave out a heartwarming message to his crew and cast by saying:
"Dearest cast and crew. What an honour it is to work beside all of you, on Star Wars Ep VII. I can't thank you enough, for all work past and future. Let's take good care of not just ourselves but of each other. Amazing, but true: the world awaits this film. Let's give 'em something GREAT. Xo JJ"
The filming of the movie has commenced last May 16, 2014. The released of the most-anticipated installment to the sci-fi sage shall be on Dec 18, 2015 in the U.S.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Orange is the New Black Season 3: Laura Prepon Hints Strain in Alex, Piper Relationship, New Actor Roped-in [Spoilers]
- The Big Bang Theory: Mayim Bialik Talks about Sheldon, Amy Kiss in Season 7 [KISS VIDEO]
- True Blood Spoilers: Alcide Killed because Season 7 is Bill, Sookie’s Season
- Rob Kardashian's Ex-Girlfriend Adrienne Bailon FInally Removes Cheating Reality Star's Name from Her Butt
- Queen Elizabeth and Kate Middleton Clash Again: Duchess Scared of Difficult Pregnancy, Adopting Second 'Royal' Baby - Reports
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date