Kate Winslet Appears on Harper Bazaar Magazine, Excited on Coming Back To Acting: 'I don't f-ck around'
By nidhi tewari | May 21, 2014 6:11 PM EST
Kate Winslet might have given birth to her third child some time back but that does not deter her plans to return to the limelight even one percent. The 38-year-old actress is quite excited about getting older and enjoys a laid back life in her London home with her three babies. She has just been back from the glamorous life of Los Angeles where she is promoting her new movie "Divergent."
Cast members Kate Winslet (L) and Shailene Woodley pose at the premiere of "Divergent" in Los Angeles, California, March 18, 2014. The movie opens in the U.S. on March 21.
"It's a very strange place to be because the truth is, I'm not famous until I am in those moments. Those are the times when I am suddenly famous. My real life is a very real life," the Oscar winning actress revealed to Harper Bazaar magazine in a recent interview.
The actress who is the brand ambassador for Lancome's anti-ageing cream says she is not scared of getting older. "Working with them does a huge amount for my self-esteem, I've got to tell you. I'm quite excited about it, actually. I really enjoy getting older. You just don't worry as much," Winslet revealed to the magazine about getting older.
Winslet may be face of Lancome for past seven years but motherhood has let fashion take a back seat for the star so much so that she has not gotten time to get her manicure done for the past few months.
"I know it sounds very self-effacing because people say, 'Oh, you're a film star. People probably come to your house to do it.' But I don't have the time to get my nails done apart from when I'm doing a photo shoot," Winslet revealed to the magazine.
Winslet is now married to Ned Rocknroll and this is her third marriage. Ned is the nephew of Richard Branson and the two met at a fire literally. Winslet rescued Branson's mother Eve by carrying her out of the house in her back. She now has a five month old baby Bear with Ned.
"Nobody knows him-it's brilliant. They like to think they know him. They like to be judgmental because of his name and everything, but it's fabulous because no one knows anything about him," Winslet reveals about her husband Ned.
However the actress is quite ready to get back to Hollywood and says she loves to take risks.
"It's time to get back. Back to the 'I don't fuck around,' back to the KW basics of take some serious risks, put yourself out there. And just really push it," Winslet revealed to the magazine. Check out her complete interview here.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 29, 2014: Caroline Is Remorseful About What Happened To Her And Ridge While Katie Is Fuming [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Norman Reedus Bashes The Report That He Begged The Producers Not To Turn Daryl Dixon Gay
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actor Kit Harington Denies Romance With Co-stars Rose Leslie And Emilia Clarke
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family