‘Orange is the New Black’ Season 2 Spoilers: Piper Chapman Shifted to New Prison in Premiere Episode
By Anshu Shrivastava | May 21, 2014 5:56 PM EST
The premiere episode of "Orange is the New Black" Season 2 is set to pick-up a few weeks after Piper Chapman almost killed Pennsatucky by beating her up, ruthlessly. The new season premiere episode opens with Chapman in solitary confinement and guards waking her up. She is shifted to a new prison.
The Daily Beast's review of the premiere episode reveals that Chapman gets transferred to a prison in Chicago. It is a temporary arrangement. She has been taken to Chicago to testify against a drug lord. According to the review, this drug lord is the reason why Chapman and Alex Vause are behind bars.
The premiere episode completely focuses on Piper and Alex and how their complicated relationship "leads Piper to embrace the more reckless side of her personality," Kevin Fallon writes in his review for the Daily Beast. "A series of flashbacks to Piper's childhood show that she was always diligent to avoid "unnecessary risk," but there's something about Alex, it becomes obvious, that convinces her to throw that lifelong caution to the wind."
As reported previously, the new season promises to tell the stories of other inmates locked-up in Litchfield prison, and not just focus on Chapman. However, the premiere episode does not give the impression of being ensemble, as it does not feature, "prominently," other inmates, according to the review.
"The episode ends with one of those big, heart-stopping, stress-inducing cliffhangers that mark one of the few occasions that the term "OMG" is actually an appropriate descriptor," says Fallon.
The review reveals that Episode 2 of "Orange is the Black" Season 2 shows the inmates of Litchfield prison getting dressed-in business attires for a mock job fair, which has been organised inside the prison.
Pennsatucky is alive and the review says that she is a "transfixing blend of disturbing and adorable as she flaunts a bit of a cosmetic makeover." The review also talks about the introduction of Vee. She is a woman from Taystee's past and "shows up at Litchfield as the season's resident shit-stirrer," Fallon writes in his review.
Netflix will be making available all the episodes of Season 2 on June 06, 2014.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Find Out: Will Andi Dorfman Accept the Proposal and is She Still With the Winner
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Reports: The Truth Behind the Duchess Miscarriage
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- 5 Marketing Nuggets We Can All Learn From Lady Gaga