Lindsay Lohan Parties in Cannes Festival, Lawsuits Now Resolved but Future Seems Bleak
By Maychelle Ornos | May 21, 2014 5:24 PM EST
Life hasn't been easy for the former child star Lindsay Lohan during these past few years and this year was no good too, but everything seems to be going her way now as she was seen partying in the Cannes International Film Festival. The lawsuit she faced from the clothing company that sued her because of her bad image affecting the sales of their merchandise was dropped and settled, TMZ reported.
Lindsay Lohan arrives at the 2010 MTV Movie Awards in Los Angeles, June 6, 2010.
Apparently, the settlement made Lohan $150,000 richer and made it possible for her to avoid being interrogated in court regarding her claims that she had a miscarriage while she was in contract with the D.N.A.M. Apparel Industries. The miscarriage was her alibi for not responding to the necessary legal procedures pertaining to her $5 million lawsuit, according to TMZ. Hence, she lost the legal battle for her 6126 clothing line.
She has been sharing in her Instagram account her time in France as she attended the 2014 Cannes Film Festival. The "Herbie Fully Loaded" star can be seen enjoying her time in Cannes and she is even joined by her younger brother Mike Lohan. The two can be seen in her Instagram account spending some quality time together. The Lohan siblings still have until May 25 to enjoy their time in the festival.
However, it won't be Lindsay if there is no over-the-top picture like her seemingly topless selfie with her friend. She will be turning 28 this year and others have feared that her lifestyle may eventually lead her to die young and join the infamous "27 club," according to MSN UK. She was even quoted by the Edmonton Journal saying: "It is clear to me that my life has become completely unmanageable because I am addicted to alcohol and drugs."
But now she seems to be trying to get her act back together and has even asked the help from Oprah Winfrey herself. The project of keeping Lohan sober and better seemed like a good cause but the veteran talk show host was found at the end of her wits when dealing with the troubled star, according to Salon.
After the documentary series on Lilo's life after rehab, she is now attending private yacht parties in Cannes and seems to be living the life. But will Lindsay Lohan be able to keep up with her hard-partying lifestyle?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- ‘Star Wars 7: The Force Awakens’ Leaked Dialogue Of Han Solo From Upcoming Trailer [Spoilers]
- Beyonce’s ‘Ring Off’ Isn’t About Her Alleged Crumbling Marriage to Jay Z, But About Her Parents [VIDEOS]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced