‘The Voice’ Season 6 (2014) Winner: Meet Josh Kaufman—Things to Know; His Journey to Success [Watch His Finale Performances]
By jaskiran kaur | May 21, 2014 5:15 PM EST
On May 20, 2014, Josh Kaufman was declared as "The Voice" Season 6 (2014) winner. This soul singer beat 47 other artists to claim the most coveted trophy, record deal and the title. Representing Team Usher, Josh Kaufman defeated finalists Christina Grimmie and Jake Worthington from the teams of winning coaches Adam Levine and Blake Shelton, respectively. His brilliant performances and intense vocals helped him impress viewers and fans who voted him to win the show. Here are few things to about Josh Kaufman, the winner of "The Voice" Season 6 (2014).
Things to Know about Josh Kaufman
Josh Kaufman is an American singer/songwriter based in Indianapolis, Indiana. This soul singer started practicing music quite early in his life. When he was as young as four, Josh Kaufman started playing piano at the church. He went to Anderson University and graduated from Indian University, Purdue University Indianapolis.
Kaufman has been quite a performer. At the age of 16, he participated in an American talent show called "Star Search." Before he appeared on "The Voice," he auditioned for another reality singing competition "The X Factor."
He is the founder of a band called The New Etiquette which was formed in 2010. The band was earlier known as Josh Kaufman and the Frequency. He and his band released an EP in 2012 which consisted of six tracks composed by several local musicians. Until before "The Voice" Season 6, Josh Kaufman worked as musician at a restaurant Potbelly and took tuitions of those preparing for SAT.
He has a wife and three kids to support. He hopes "The Voice" will give him a platform that will let him become a full-time musician.
Josh Kaufman's Journey as the Winner of 'The Voice' Season 6 (2014)
Josh Kaufman is a four-chair turnaround artist whose audition was aired on March 10 episode of "The Voice" Season 6. He sang "One More Try" as his blind audition song. He managed to impress all four judges--Blake Shelton, Usher, Shakira and Adam Levine. Eventually, it was his decision to decide on whose team he wants to be.
Josh Kaufman chose to be on two-time "Voice" winning coach, Adam Levine. He was able to defeat Austin Ellis during Battle Round 1. Battle Round 2 was not too smooth for him. He was almost eliminated after getting defeated by Delvin Choice. Coach Usher stole him during Battle Round 2 when Coach Adam dropped him from his team.
He earned his first iTunes bonus with his Live Shows-Week 1 performance. His cover of "Stay With Me" reached fifth position on iTunes Top 200 Singles chart. During quarterfinals he received his second iTunes Bonus with his performance of "I Can't Make You Love Me" that reached second position. His semifinals performance of "All of Me" reached fourth position and earned him his third multiplier.
For his finale performances, he sang "Signed, Sealed, Delivered, I'm Yours" as his reprise song. For his solo performance he sang "Set Fire to the Rain" and for his duet with Coach Usher he sang "Every Breath You Take."
Unfortunately, iTunes downloads system experienced a technical glitch which resulted in discounting iTunes votes, altogether. His performance "Set Fire to the Rain" was listed under albums and not songs. Because of which fans could not locate the song and it may have resulted in loss of valuable votes.
Josh Kaufman beat Christina Grimmie from team Adam and Jake Worthington from Team Blake and earned the top spot of "The Voice" Season 6 winner and got Coach Usher his first ever "The Voice" victory.
Even before the finale, Coach Usher was confident of his win.
"We are going to win. I feel very positive about what I saw with Josh...He is an incredible artist and talent. Week after week he leaves it on the stage, and I think this week was his best performance yet of the entire season," told Coach Usher to Hollywood Life.
Watch best of Josh Kaufman's performances in "The Voice" Season 6, below:
Video: Josh Kaufman: "Set Fire to the Rain" (The Voice Highlight)
Credit: YouTube.com/ The Voice
Video: Josh Kaufman Sings America's Pick: "Signed, Sealed, Delivered I'm Yours" (The Voice Highlight)
Credit: YouTube.com/ The Voice
Video: Josh Kaufman: "All of Me" (The Voice Highlight)
Credit: YouTube.com/ The Voice
Video: Josh Kaufman: "I Can't Make You Love Me" (The Voice Highlight)
Credit: YouTube.com/The Voice
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- UEFA Champions League Draw Result and Replay: Arsenal Joins Toughest Group, Cristiano Ronaldo Named Best Player In Europe [PHOTOS and VIDEO]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jennifer Lawrence’s Nude Photos and Videos Leaked by 4Chan Hacker; Ariana Grande, Lea Michele, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Kate Upton’s Also Included
- Celebrities’ Leaked Nude Photos: Master-List Printed, Selena Gomez, Kim Kardashian, Kate Upton, Jennifer Lawrence, Kaley Cuoco, Rihanna, More Names On It
- Nude Photos Leaked: Mary Elizabeth Winstead Says Nude Photos Hers, Faces Backlash, Takes Twitter Break
- ‘Bachelor In Paradise’ Spoilers: Find Out Whether AshLee Frazier And Graham Bunn Last Till The End; Meet The New Arrivals Of Episode 6
- ‘The Leftovers’: Episode 10 On Hold, Renewed For Season 2, Season 1 Finale Synopsis And Preview [VIDEO]
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans