‘Crimson Peak’ is Guillermo del Toro’s Best Film Yet, SOA Charlie Hunnam Embracing His Role as Dr. McMichael
By Riza Ornos | May 21, 2014 5:07 PM EST
After his summer blockbuster hit "Pacific Rim," Guillermo del Toro is back with his all new period thriller film with Charlie Hunnam, Tom HIddleston, Jessica Chastain and Mia Wasikowska. Movie producer Thomas Tull couldn't help but praise the upcoming movie and revealed that out of del Toro's film like "Hellboy" and "Pans Labyrinth," "Crimson Peak" is his best film yet.
The Mexican film director revealed that his new piece is gothic romance but with style like Rebecca and Jane Eyre during his interview with IGN. A period ghost story set in England, the movie will feature the director's prowess to reinvigorate the horror genre on which he first started as a director.
Citing the influence of Robert Wise's "The Haunting" and Jack Clayton's "The Innocents," the two legendary haunted house horror films are his inspiration to piece the script together for "Crimson Peak." And now after weeks of production del Toro showed Tull an early cut for his new movie and the producer was just blown away.
"I was very excited about Crimson Peak - I'd seen a bunch of the dailies and footage" he explained. "But he cut together a very large assembly and I was absolutely astounded," says Tull in an interview posted on IGN. "I'm going to quote him so I'm not being blasphemous - knowing the great films he's made that are out there - but I think this is going to be his best film."
"The cast in this movie - Mia, Tom, Charlie, and Jessica Chastain - have just embraced their roles and Guillermo, and I literally cannot wait for people to see this," added Tull.
A favorite genre subset for most horror films, haunted house movies offer a wide collection of potential terror. This all-new haunted house thriller will also showcase del Toro's return to his Spanish horror roots, which includes his previous films like "The Devil's Backbone" and "Cronos."
"Crimson Peak is a much, much, much smaller movie, completely character-driven. It's an adult movie, an R-rated movie, pretty adult. Shockingly different from anything I've done in the English language," says 49-year-old director in an interview posted on Screen Rant.
"Crimson Peak" is set to premiere in 2015.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS