‘Crimson Peak’ is Guillermo del Toro’s Best Film Yet, SOA Charlie Hunnam Embracing His Role as Dr. McMichael
By Riza Ornos | May 21, 2014 5:07 PM EST
After his summer blockbuster hit "Pacific Rim," Guillermo del Toro is back with his all new period thriller film with Charlie Hunnam, Tom HIddleston, Jessica Chastain and Mia Wasikowska. Movie producer Thomas Tull couldn't help but praise the upcoming movie and revealed that out of del Toro's film like "Hellboy" and "Pans Labyrinth," "Crimson Peak" is his best film yet.
The Mexican film director revealed that his new piece is gothic romance but with style like Rebecca and Jane Eyre during his interview with IGN. A period ghost story set in England, the movie will feature the director's prowess to reinvigorate the horror genre on which he first started as a director.
Citing the influence of Robert Wise's "The Haunting" and Jack Clayton's "The Innocents," the two legendary haunted house horror films are his inspiration to piece the script together for "Crimson Peak." And now after weeks of production del Toro showed Tull an early cut for his new movie and the producer was just blown away.
"I was very excited about Crimson Peak - I'd seen a bunch of the dailies and footage" he explained. "But he cut together a very large assembly and I was absolutely astounded," says Tull in an interview posted on IGN. "I'm going to quote him so I'm not being blasphemous - knowing the great films he's made that are out there - but I think this is going to be his best film."
"The cast in this movie - Mia, Tom, Charlie, and Jessica Chastain - have just embraced their roles and Guillermo, and I literally cannot wait for people to see this," added Tull.
A favorite genre subset for most horror films, haunted house movies offer a wide collection of potential terror. This all-new haunted house thriller will also showcase del Toro's return to his Spanish horror roots, which includes his previous films like "The Devil's Backbone" and "Cronos."
"Crimson Peak is a much, much, much smaller movie, completely character-driven. It's an adult movie, an R-rated movie, pretty adult. Shockingly different from anything I've done in the English language," says 49-year-old director in an interview posted on Screen Rant.
"Crimson Peak" is set to premiere in 2015.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 21, 2014: A Party For Hope And Wyatt Affects Liam’s Pride In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 1 Teaser Video: ‘What’s Coming Next’
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 22, 2014: Liam’s Confession About Paris To Hope And Deacon’s Revelation To Brooke In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Suits' RECAP Season 4 Episode 10 [Mid-Season Finale]: Louis Finds Out About Mike's Truth In This Is Rome [SPOILERS]
- Chuck Zito Apologises For Offensive Comment On Christy Mack Beating
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 LTE Android 4.4.2, Android 4.4.4Guide: Installation and When to Hit Your Region
- Companies Push Back IPO Plans Due to Mega Alibaba Share Launch