‘Crimson Peak’ is Guillermo del Toro’s Best Film Yet, SOA Charlie Hunnam Embracing His Role as Dr. McMichael
By Riza Ornos | May 21, 2014 5:07 PM EST
After his summer blockbuster hit "Pacific Rim," Guillermo del Toro is back with his all new period thriller film with Charlie Hunnam, Tom HIddleston, Jessica Chastain and Mia Wasikowska. Movie producer Thomas Tull couldn't help but praise the upcoming movie and revealed that out of del Toro's film like "Hellboy" and "Pans Labyrinth," "Crimson Peak" is his best film yet.
The Mexican film director revealed that his new piece is gothic romance but with style like Rebecca and Jane Eyre during his interview with IGN. A period ghost story set in England, the movie will feature the director's prowess to reinvigorate the horror genre on which he first started as a director.
Citing the influence of Robert Wise's "The Haunting" and Jack Clayton's "The Innocents," the two legendary haunted house horror films are his inspiration to piece the script together for "Crimson Peak." And now after weeks of production del Toro showed Tull an early cut for his new movie and the producer was just blown away.
"I was very excited about Crimson Peak - I'd seen a bunch of the dailies and footage" he explained. "But he cut together a very large assembly and I was absolutely astounded," says Tull in an interview posted on IGN. "I'm going to quote him so I'm not being blasphemous - knowing the great films he's made that are out there - but I think this is going to be his best film."
"The cast in this movie - Mia, Tom, Charlie, and Jessica Chastain - have just embraced their roles and Guillermo, and I literally cannot wait for people to see this," added Tull.
A favorite genre subset for most horror films, haunted house movies offer a wide collection of potential terror. This all-new haunted house thriller will also showcase del Toro's return to his Spanish horror roots, which includes his previous films like "The Devil's Backbone" and "Cronos."
"Crimson Peak is a much, much, much smaller movie, completely character-driven. It's an adult movie, an R-rated movie, pretty adult. Shockingly different from anything I've done in the English language," says 49-year-old director in an interview posted on Screen Rant.
"Crimson Peak" is set to premiere in 2015.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- National Ice Cream Day: Most-Ordered Flavors and Toppings by Americans [See Photos]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Bachelorette 2014, Bachelor 2015 Spoilers: Andi Dorfman Hints at Next Bachelor; Find Out What He Thinks About the Job
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic says ‘Back in the Saddle’, Beckett, Castle Romance to Grow Stronger
- Orange is the New Black Update: Reality T.V. Star to Appear in Season 3, Actor Says Show can Run for Long Time, even with New Protagonist
- Game of Thrones Season 5 Spoilers: Nymeria Sand and Arya's Nymeria As Possible Ferocious Forces in New HBO Chapter
- The Bachelor 2014 Update: Nikki Ferrell Sparks Split News Amid Juan Pablo’s Cheating Reports; Find out the Truth
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $499 Comes With 5.5-Inch Quad HD Display, Snapdragon 805 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People