‘Crimson Peak’ is Guillermo del Toro’s Best Film Yet, SOA Charlie Hunnam Embracing His Role as Dr. McMichael
By Riza Ornos | May 21, 2014 5:07 PM EST
After his summer blockbuster hit "Pacific Rim," Guillermo del Toro is back with his all new period thriller film with Charlie Hunnam, Tom HIddleston, Jessica Chastain and Mia Wasikowska. Movie producer Thomas Tull couldn't help but praise the upcoming movie and revealed that out of del Toro's film like "Hellboy" and "Pans Labyrinth," "Crimson Peak" is his best film yet.
The Mexican film director revealed that his new piece is gothic romance but with style like Rebecca and Jane Eyre during his interview with IGN. A period ghost story set in England, the movie will feature the director's prowess to reinvigorate the horror genre on which he first started as a director.
Citing the influence of Robert Wise's "The Haunting" and Jack Clayton's "The Innocents," the two legendary haunted house horror films are his inspiration to piece the script together for "Crimson Peak." And now after weeks of production del Toro showed Tull an early cut for his new movie and the producer was just blown away.
"I was very excited about Crimson Peak - I'd seen a bunch of the dailies and footage" he explained. "But he cut together a very large assembly and I was absolutely astounded," says Tull in an interview posted on IGN. "I'm going to quote him so I'm not being blasphemous - knowing the great films he's made that are out there - but I think this is going to be his best film."
"The cast in this movie - Mia, Tom, Charlie, and Jessica Chastain - have just embraced their roles and Guillermo, and I literally cannot wait for people to see this," added Tull.
A favorite genre subset for most horror films, haunted house movies offer a wide collection of potential terror. This all-new haunted house thriller will also showcase del Toro's return to his Spanish horror roots, which includes his previous films like "The Devil's Backbone" and "Cronos."
"Crimson Peak is a much, much, much smaller movie, completely character-driven. It's an adult movie, an R-rated movie, pretty adult. Shockingly different from anything I've done in the English language," says 49-year-old director in an interview posted on Screen Rant.
"Crimson Peak" is set to premiere in 2015.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- UEFA Champions League Draw Result and Replay: Arsenal Joins Toughest Group, Cristiano Ronaldo Named Best Player In Europe [PHOTOS and VIDEO]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jennifer Lawrence’s Nude Photos and Videos Leaked by 4Chan Hacker; Ariana Grande, Lea Michele, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Kate Upton’s Also Included
- Celebrities’ Leaked Nude Photos: Master-List Printed, Selena Gomez, Kim Kardashian, Kate Upton, Jennifer Lawrence, Kaley Cuoco, Rihanna, More Names On It
- Nude Photos Leaked: Mary Elizabeth Winstead Says Nude Photos Hers, Faces Backlash, Takes Twitter Break
- ‘Bachelor In Paradise’ Spoilers: Find Out Whether AshLee Frazier And Graham Bunn Last Till The End; Meet The New Arrivals Of Episode 6
- ‘The Leftovers’: Episode 10 On Hold, Renewed For Season 2, Season 1 Finale Synopsis And Preview [VIDEO]
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans