Rascall-Flatts Lip-Sync Apology One Month Delayed
By Tanya Diente | May 21, 2014 4:48 PM EST
Rascall-Flatts performed at this year's 49th Academy of Country Music Awards in Las Vegas, and the trio were caught lip-synching their new single "Rewind."
American country music group Rascal Flatts performs during the "iHearRadio Country Live" series to celebrate the release of their new album "rewind," hosted by Clear Channel entertainment production in Burbank, California May 12, 2014.
Washington Post reported that fans noticed the Grammy-winning trio sounding flawless in their singing, with Gary Levox's vocals very on-point that it sounded exactly like the album track. Also, according to AZcentral, someone hit the Start button at the wrong time and so not long after, accusations that the Rascall-Flatts were lip-synching their way through the show mounted. The trio afterwards took to Facebook and Twitter (statement) to tell the truth.
"After having performed several shows earlier in the week, Gary lost his voice. So instead of cancelling our commitment to do the show, we made a last minute decision to lip-sync. We've never done it before, and obviously we're not very good at it. We look forward to singing live again in the very near future!"
Lead singer Gary LeVox added that the band had played two shows, and done several hours of interviews before their performance in Las Vegas on April 6, and his voice was also affected by the dry desert air.
The multiplatinum country group Rascall-Flatts admitted the lip-synching, and even made light of the situation a month after, during a recent interview.
ABCnews said that the trio had recently sat down for an interview. At one point in the interview, DeMarcus crouched down behind LeVox and spoke like a bad ventriloquist, promising to never lip-synch at any awards show again; all the while LeVox was moving his lips out of time.
"And for anybody that was offended by that, we sincerely apologize and hope to redeem ourselves in the near future on the next live performance," DeMarcus said for LeVox.
Humour has been the one thing that has kept the group intact since they first got together in 1999, at a little club in Nashville's tourist district.
Aside from humour, Rascall-Flatts handled the aftermath of the lip-synch incident with a promotional round for their new album "Rewind," where they look back at some of the better moments while also aiming to update their sound and trying new approaches with a group of co-producers.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation