Rascall-Flatts Lip-Sync Apology One Month Delayed
By Tanya Diente | May 21, 2014 4:48 PM EST
Rascall-Flatts performed at this year's 49th Academy of Country Music Awards in Las Vegas, and the trio were caught lip-synching their new single "Rewind."
American country music group Rascal Flatts performs during the "iHearRadio Country Live" series to celebrate the release of their new album "rewind," hosted by Clear Channel entertainment production in Burbank, California May 12, 2014.
Washington Post reported that fans noticed the Grammy-winning trio sounding flawless in their singing, with Gary Levox's vocals very on-point that it sounded exactly like the album track. Also, according to AZcentral, someone hit the Start button at the wrong time and so not long after, accusations that the Rascall-Flatts were lip-synching their way through the show mounted. The trio afterwards took to Facebook and Twitter (statement) to tell the truth.
"After having performed several shows earlier in the week, Gary lost his voice. So instead of cancelling our commitment to do the show, we made a last minute decision to lip-sync. We've never done it before, and obviously we're not very good at it. We look forward to singing live again in the very near future!"
Lead singer Gary LeVox added that the band had played two shows, and done several hours of interviews before their performance in Las Vegas on April 6, and his voice was also affected by the dry desert air.
The multiplatinum country group Rascall-Flatts admitted the lip-synching, and even made light of the situation a month after, during a recent interview.
ABCnews said that the trio had recently sat down for an interview. At one point in the interview, DeMarcus crouched down behind LeVox and spoke like a bad ventriloquist, promising to never lip-synch at any awards show again; all the while LeVox was moving his lips out of time.
"And for anybody that was offended by that, we sincerely apologize and hope to redeem ourselves in the near future on the next live performance," DeMarcus said for LeVox.
Humour has been the one thing that has kept the group intact since they first got together in 1999, at a little club in Nashville's tourist district.
Aside from humour, Rascall-Flatts handled the aftermath of the lip-synch incident with a promotional round for their new album "Rewind," where they look back at some of the better moments while also aiming to update their sound and trying new approaches with a group of co-producers.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- What Happens When You Give Up Sex For 12 Months? – Dialogue With Peter Lynagh – Exclusive
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Female Tennis Athletes [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice’ First Photo Of Lex Luthor Leaked, Jesse Eisenberg On Villain’s Role And Plot Details Revealed
- Celebrities’ Leaked Nude Photos: Master-List Printed, Selena Gomez, Kim Kardashian, Kate Upton, Jennifer Lawrence, Kaley Cuoco, Rihanna, More Names On It
- Nick Cannon–Mariah Carey Divorce Reports: Nick Dating Younger Woman
- Nude Photos Leaked: Mary Elizabeth Winstead Says Nude Photos Hers, Faces Backlash, Takes Twitter Break
- ‘Captain America 3’: Red Skull Returns, Greater Villains Added
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display