Rascall-Flatts Lip-Sync Apology One Month Delayed
By Tanya Diente | May 21, 2014 4:48 PM EST
Rascall-Flatts performed at this year's 49th Academy of Country Music Awards in Las Vegas, and the trio were caught lip-synching their new single "Rewind."
American country music group Rascal Flatts performs during the "iHearRadio Country Live" series to celebrate the release of their new album "rewind," hosted by Clear Channel entertainment production in Burbank, California May 12, 2014.
Washington Post reported that fans noticed the Grammy-winning trio sounding flawless in their singing, with Gary Levox's vocals very on-point that it sounded exactly like the album track. Also, according to AZcentral, someone hit the Start button at the wrong time and so not long after, accusations that the Rascall-Flatts were lip-synching their way through the show mounted. The trio afterwards took to Facebook and Twitter (statement) to tell the truth.
"After having performed several shows earlier in the week, Gary lost his voice. So instead of cancelling our commitment to do the show, we made a last minute decision to lip-sync. We've never done it before, and obviously we're not very good at it. We look forward to singing live again in the very near future!"
Lead singer Gary LeVox added that the band had played two shows, and done several hours of interviews before their performance in Las Vegas on April 6, and his voice was also affected by the dry desert air.
The multiplatinum country group Rascall-Flatts admitted the lip-synching, and even made light of the situation a month after, during a recent interview.
ABCnews said that the trio had recently sat down for an interview. At one point in the interview, DeMarcus crouched down behind LeVox and spoke like a bad ventriloquist, promising to never lip-synch at any awards show again; all the while LeVox was moving his lips out of time.
"And for anybody that was offended by that, we sincerely apologize and hope to redeem ourselves in the near future on the next live performance," DeMarcus said for LeVox.
Humour has been the one thing that has kept the group intact since they first got together in 1999, at a little club in Nashville's tourist district.
Aside from humour, Rascall-Flatts handled the aftermath of the lip-synch incident with a promotional round for their new album "Rewind," where they look back at some of the better moments while also aiming to update their sound and trying new approaches with a group of co-producers.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Orange is the New Black Season 3: Laura Prepon Hints Strain in Alex, Piper Relationship, New Actor Roped-in [Spoilers]
- The Big Bang Theory: Mayim Bialik Talks about Sheldon, Amy Kiss in Season 7 [KISS VIDEO]
- Queen Elizabeth and Kate Middleton Clash Again: Duchess Scared of Difficult Pregnancy, Adopting Second 'Royal' Baby - Reports
- True Blood Spoilers: Alcide Killed because Season 7 is Bill, Sookie’s Season
- Grey's Anatomy Season 11 Spoilers: Calzona Still on Shaky Ground, April's Baby Bump Gets Real, Karev vs Bailey Anticipated
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools