Rascall-Flatts Lip-Sync Apology One Month Delayed
By Tanya Diente | May 21, 2014 4:48 PM EST
Rascall-Flatts performed at this year's 49th Academy of Country Music Awards in Las Vegas, and the trio were caught lip-synching their new single "Rewind."
American country music group Rascal Flatts performs during the "iHearRadio Country Live" series to celebrate the release of their new album "rewind," hosted by Clear Channel entertainment production in Burbank, California May 12, 2014.
Washington Post reported that fans noticed the Grammy-winning trio sounding flawless in their singing, with Gary Levox's vocals very on-point that it sounded exactly like the album track. Also, according to AZcentral, someone hit the Start button at the wrong time and so not long after, accusations that the Rascall-Flatts were lip-synching their way through the show mounted. The trio afterwards took to Facebook and Twitter (statement) to tell the truth.
"After having performed several shows earlier in the week, Gary lost his voice. So instead of cancelling our commitment to do the show, we made a last minute decision to lip-sync. We've never done it before, and obviously we're not very good at it. We look forward to singing live again in the very near future!"
Lead singer Gary LeVox added that the band had played two shows, and done several hours of interviews before their performance in Las Vegas on April 6, and his voice was also affected by the dry desert air.
The multiplatinum country group Rascall-Flatts admitted the lip-synching, and even made light of the situation a month after, during a recent interview.
ABCnews said that the trio had recently sat down for an interview. At one point in the interview, DeMarcus crouched down behind LeVox and spoke like a bad ventriloquist, promising to never lip-synch at any awards show again; all the while LeVox was moving his lips out of time.
"And for anybody that was offended by that, we sincerely apologize and hope to redeem ourselves in the near future on the next live performance," DeMarcus said for LeVox.
Humour has been the one thing that has kept the group intact since they first got together in 1999, at a little club in Nashville's tourist district.
Aside from humour, Rascall-Flatts handled the aftermath of the lip-synch incident with a promotional round for their new album "Rewind," where they look back at some of the better moments while also aiming to update their sound and trying new approaches with a group of co-producers.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Melanoma Could Be Caused By Ageing Genes; Best Diet For Anti-Ageing; Celebrities Who Have Aged Gracefully
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Premiere Questions: 'Frozen' Story Kicks Off, Queen Elsa vs Emma Swan vs The Evil Queen - New Story Unfolds [SPOILERS]
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate