Rascall-Flatts Lip-Sync Apology One Month Delayed
By Tanya Diente | May 21, 2014 4:48 PM EST
Rascall-Flatts performed at this year's 49th Academy of Country Music Awards in Las Vegas, and the trio were caught lip-synching their new single "Rewind."
American country music group Rascal Flatts performs during the "iHearRadio Country Live" series to celebrate the release of their new album "rewind," hosted by Clear Channel entertainment production in Burbank, California May 12, 2014.
Washington Post reported that fans noticed the Grammy-winning trio sounding flawless in their singing, with Gary Levox's vocals very on-point that it sounded exactly like the album track. Also, according to AZcentral, someone hit the Start button at the wrong time and so not long after, accusations that the Rascall-Flatts were lip-synching their way through the show mounted. The trio afterwards took to Facebook and Twitter (statement) to tell the truth.
"After having performed several shows earlier in the week, Gary lost his voice. So instead of cancelling our commitment to do the show, we made a last minute decision to lip-sync. We've never done it before, and obviously we're not very good at it. We look forward to singing live again in the very near future!"
Lead singer Gary LeVox added that the band had played two shows, and done several hours of interviews before their performance in Las Vegas on April 6, and his voice was also affected by the dry desert air.
The multiplatinum country group Rascall-Flatts admitted the lip-synching, and even made light of the situation a month after, during a recent interview.
ABCnews said that the trio had recently sat down for an interview. At one point in the interview, DeMarcus crouched down behind LeVox and spoke like a bad ventriloquist, promising to never lip-synch at any awards show again; all the while LeVox was moving his lips out of time.
"And for anybody that was offended by that, we sincerely apologize and hope to redeem ourselves in the near future on the next live performance," DeMarcus said for LeVox.
Humour has been the one thing that has kept the group intact since they first got together in 1999, at a little club in Nashville's tourist district.
Aside from humour, Rascall-Flatts handled the aftermath of the lip-synch incident with a promotional round for their new album "Rewind," where they look back at some of the better moments while also aiming to update their sound and trying new approaches with a group of co-producers.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 9/11 Dust Cloud Most Likely Have Created Pregnancy Issues: Celebrities Who Posed Nude During Pregnancy
Join the Conversation
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Han Solo's Super Star Destroyer, Costumes And Weapons
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’: Top 5 Revelations Of Season 8
- 'NCIS' Season 12 Spoilers: Ziva David Out, Tony's New Love Could be Stephanie Jacobsen's Leia; Troian Bellisario Teases 'Reunion' Photo
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse' : Wolverine's Costume's Leaked Image Hints to Traditional Look, Hugh Jackman to Play the Character Till Scripts Excite Him
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Tatooine Set Leaked, Reveals Tusken Raiders Huts
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- iPhone 6 Release Date Remains On Course for Sept-Oct 2014 as Apple Delays iWatch Debut to 2015
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists