‘Castle’ Season 7: Nathan Fillion Teases about Castle’s Untimely Death
By Anshu Shrivastava | May 21, 2014 4:04 PM EST
The Season 6 finale of "Castle" disappointed a majority of Caskett's fans. They were waiting for the much-anticipated Castle and Beckett's wedding, but got to see bride Beckett's eyes brimming with tears, as she was on the verge of breaking-down after seeing Castle's car in a ditch and in flames.
Since Castle plays the titular character, it is very much expected that he will return in Season 7, alive and not as a ghost. Nathan Fillion, however, is not spilling any spoiler bean, but is in a mood to make the fans anxious.
"I don't know how it's going to work out after the untimely death of 'Castle' in season 6 ... I know that Molly Quinn is constantly pushing for a 'Castle' spin-off. We're calling it 'Castle: Legacy'," Fillion said, as quoted by Cartermatt, at a convention in Dallas.
Fillion may not be spilling any spoiler, but Andrew Marlow, creator of "Castle," has indicated that Castle is not dead.
In an interview with TV Guide, when Marlow was asked to give some hope that Castle is alive, he said, "I think we know what the title of the show is."
Marlow has ruled out the possibility of Bracken's involvement in Castle's disappearance. He said that they are thinking of opening a new mythology, which will "bring in some new elements that we think will give the characters plenty to talk about." Also, the black SUV that was following Castle's car is likely to part of the new mythology.
Castle and Beckett will get married but there still some story-telling to be done before they reach that point. "The story that we're telling with their relationship isn't over. It's going to get deeper. It's going to get more interesting, and there are still a couple of things that need to be overcome," Marlow said to TV Guide.
Marlow also said that they hope to "break some new ground" when "Castle" returns with a new season.
"Castle" Season 7 is expected to premiere sometime this fall.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- NCIS Season 12 Spoilers: Fans Fear Cote de Pablo Not Coming Back, Tony DiNozzo Moving On from Ziva David
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Report: Duchess Expecting a Baby Girl, Prince William Wants 3 Kids [PHOTOS]
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown