Charlie Hunnam Finds Common Similarities with ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Jax Teller
By Riza Ornos | May 21, 2014 4:03 PM EST
Best known for his "Sons of Anarchy" role as Jackson "Jax" Teller, Charlie Hunnam is still keeping his low-profile after making box office hits like "Cold Mountain" and "Pacific Rim." Now on his seventh and final season on playing SAMCRO's prince Jax Teller, Hunnam finds common similarities to his gangster character in the FX series.
Charlie Hunnam who is set to play Christian Grey in the film version of EL James's best-selling erotic novel Fifty Shades of Grey, admitted that he is aware that he is not what some fans had in mind for the role.(Reuters)
On his interview with Elle Magazine, the blond haired actor revealed that he and his character Jax have a lot in common. After playing pretty boys character from his previous films, the British actor had enough of it that playing the biker gang president brings out the best of his talent in acting.
"A lot of my friends are gangsters. Not like gangsters-well, yeah, all sorts of levels of criminality-but not the types that are preying on innocent people," says the "Crimson Peak" star. "I have no interest in the type of criminality that has no respect for collateral damage. But I don't condemn the guys who say, 'This society we've created is kind of [messed up], and I'm willing to take it down-for selfish gain-but also to make a point.'"
The actor couldn't help to relate for his character especially when it comes to dealing with Tara during the early seasons of the series. "It's something I innately relate to and it's familiar to me. That same dynamic played out between my mum and my dad, which is why they split up," he revealed in his interview with Chicago Tribune.
Growing up in Newcastle, Charlie's dad was in scrap-metal industry and for many reasons the business' currency is violence, the reason why his parents decided that the environment is not ideal for them to raise a child. The same reason that Charlie can relate to Jax when he agreed to Tara to get out of Charming before she was killed by his own mother.
Now one of the most talented actors in today's industry, Hunnam is currently filming his latest project with Guillermo del Toro. Acting alongside "Thor's" Tom Hiddleston and "Alice and Wonderland" star Mia Wasikowska, "Crimson Peak" stars the 33-year-old actor as Dr. Alan McMicheal, a "quiet, shy, thoughtful kind of stoic, taciturn, very learned guy who is madly in love with the female hero."
This will be the second film that the actor will work alongside del Toro after their summer blockbuster hit "Pacific Rim." Shaving his SOA scruff for his new character, the Hollywood hunk never fails to make a buzz whenever he is out of the public and recently spotted in Hamilton while filming his new thriller film.
"Sons of Anarchy" season 7 opens in September.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- 'Fast & Furious 7': New Brian O' Connor And Dominic Toretto Scene Surfaces
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- Taylor Swift And Harry Styles Spotted Together Enjoying A Concert; Songstress ‘Still Not Over’ 1D Singer—Reports
- 'White Collar' Season 6 RECAP Episode 3: Amy Slaps Neal Caffrey In Uncontrolled Variables [SPOILERS]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies