‘Far Cry 4’ Details Leaked and Clarifications About the Game from Director
By Gel Galang | May 21, 2014 2:29 PM EST
After its official reveal via Ubisoft, it seems that another untimely leak for "Far Cry 4" was set loose before being taken back by the publisher.
A few sources, including Metro, had managed to grab hold of the leaked statement, which gives a few hints of what can be expected of the new "Far Cry" title. It appears that the leak was a further description of the game, as can be seen in the text below:
"'Far Cry 4' delivers an unparalleled next-gen experience in an entirely new and massive open world.
"Hidden in the majestic Himalayas lies Kyrat, a country steeped in tradition and violence. You are Ajay Ghale. Traveling to Kyrat to fulfil your mother's dying wish, you find yourself caught up in a civil war to overthrow the oppressive regime of dictator Pagan Min.
Explore and navigate this vast open world, where danger and unpredictability lurk around every corner. Here, every decision counts, and every second is a story. Welcome to Kyrat."
Technically, that's not a lot to go on with "Far Cry 4," but it has spurred on some very interesting speculations for the character itself. Metro states that Ajay pertains to a traditional Indian name, and even the villain himself may not be white, if the name is an clue and if you ignore the artwork's ambiguous appearance.
Director Debunks Some Speculations
To potentially avoid blowing up confusion with the newly released box art for "Far Cry 4" and to avoid having speculations go out of hand, game director Alex Hutchinson has taken it to Twitter to clear up some details.
"Just so it's clear for those jumping to conclusions: He's not white and that's not the player," said Hutchinson as quoted by Game Informer.
While "Far Cry" has been known for controversial topics, this tweet may be a way to temper whatever will be coming out, considering that the box art is already pretty controversial and unique to begin with.
Again, an E3 2014 appearance of possible gameplay trailers or a clarification of what exactly fans can expect would be the best way to get another type of speculation going.
Earlier in March, it was already reported by Eurogamer that "Far Cry 4" has been taken from the jungle to the Himalayas. Back then, it was already a rumour that had turned the tide for the type, especially with the very new type of environment. Even more is the hint that there may be local monsters coming, though there have been no clear indications of that in Ubisoft's official announcement.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge: Top Reasons To Upgrade From Galaxy Note 3 Or Galaxy Note 2
- Android 5.0 L November And December Rollout: Android One, Nexus, Google Play, Galaxy S5, Galaxy Note 4
- 'Dragon Age: Inquisition' Warrior, Rogue, Mage Gameplay And Combat Strategies
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ And ‘Rogue’ Updates: More Revealed For Co-Op, Collector’s Edition And Possible PC Debut
- iOS 8 Bugs: Minor, Moderate And Serious Issues Why Users Should Not Upgrade Immediately
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best