‘Far Cry 4’ Details Leaked and Clarifications About the Game from Director
By Gel Galang | May 21, 2014 2:29 PM EST
After its official reveal via Ubisoft, it seems that another untimely leak for "Far Cry 4" was set loose before being taken back by the publisher.
A few sources, including Metro, had managed to grab hold of the leaked statement, which gives a few hints of what can be expected of the new "Far Cry" title. It appears that the leak was a further description of the game, as can be seen in the text below:
"'Far Cry 4' delivers an unparalleled next-gen experience in an entirely new and massive open world.
"Hidden in the majestic Himalayas lies Kyrat, a country steeped in tradition and violence. You are Ajay Ghale. Traveling to Kyrat to fulfil your mother's dying wish, you find yourself caught up in a civil war to overthrow the oppressive regime of dictator Pagan Min.
Explore and navigate this vast open world, where danger and unpredictability lurk around every corner. Here, every decision counts, and every second is a story. Welcome to Kyrat."
Technically, that's not a lot to go on with "Far Cry 4," but it has spurred on some very interesting speculations for the character itself. Metro states that Ajay pertains to a traditional Indian name, and even the villain himself may not be white, if the name is an clue and if you ignore the artwork's ambiguous appearance.
Director Debunks Some Speculations
To potentially avoid blowing up confusion with the newly released box art for "Far Cry 4" and to avoid having speculations go out of hand, game director Alex Hutchinson has taken it to Twitter to clear up some details.
"Just so it's clear for those jumping to conclusions: He's not white and that's not the player," said Hutchinson as quoted by Game Informer.
While "Far Cry" has been known for controversial topics, this tweet may be a way to temper whatever will be coming out, considering that the box art is already pretty controversial and unique to begin with.
Again, an E3 2014 appearance of possible gameplay trailers or a clarification of what exactly fans can expect would be the best way to get another type of speculation going.
Earlier in March, it was already reported by Eurogamer that "Far Cry 4" has been taken from the jungle to the Himalayas. Back then, it was already a rumour that had turned the tide for the type, especially with the very new type of environment. Even more is the hint that there may be local monsters coming, though there have been no clear indications of that in Ubisoft's official announcement.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Android L Rollout Prediction: Nexus 4, Moto X, HTC One, Galaxy Note 3, Galaxy S4, LG G2
- ‘World Of Warcraft Warlords Of Draenor' Patch 6.0.1 Beta Notes Update For The Classes Including Druid, Rogue And Priest [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘GTA 5 Online’ Weekend Event For San Andreas Flight School Update And A Deals With Gold Offer
- Samsung Galaxy S4 vs. HTC One M8 Specs And Price Comparison In Australia
- Xbox One And 360 Updates: MTV, Twitch App Announced As New 500GB Hard Drive Gets Revealed
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members