Minecraft Xbox 360 Update: Invisi-Bug Fixes, Tweaks Noteblocks and More
By Karla Danica Figuerres | May 21, 2014 2:15 PM EST
With the upcoming release of the Minecraft: PlayStation 4 and Minecraft Xbox One Edition, Minecraft Xbox 360 has not spent time in the spotlight as much as fans are used to but it appears that Minecraft Xbox 360 getting new patches is not over yet.
4J Studios recently celebrated Minecraft Xbox 360's Xbox Live Indie Arcade second debut anniversary, offering a pair of Birthday Skin Packs to anyone who wishes to obtain new skins for the original console Minecraft port. Now, it appears that the recent talk of Minecraft Xbox 360 Halo Mash-Up Pack was just the precursor to another big coup for the Xbox fans - early delivery of the Minecraft Xbox 360 Title Update 16.
Although it has been reported repeatedly that Minecraft will have same release for both platforms, this is already the second time that Minecraft Xbox 360 has received new patch ahead of its PlayStation counterpart.
Minecraft Xbox 360 fans will get the latest batch of the bug fixes this month, which will be more than a week ahead of the PlayStation 3 fans. Latest word from Sony suggests that Minecraft: PlayStation 3 v1.06 will not be available for download until May 28. On the other side, it is possible that the extra review time is the result of an expanded fix list, especially that 4J Studios has yet to deliver official patch notes for the update.
The delay is hardly an indication of what will happen throughout the rest of Minecraft Xbox 360 and Minecraft: PlayStation 3's life cycles.
Here's the complete list of changes from Minecraft Xbox 360 Update 16 lifted from Minecraft Forum Web site.
1. Fix for players going invisible after death (on respawning).
2. Fix for players going invisible when two players go through a nether gate at the same time
3. Fix for players sometimes being invisible after teleporting until either they move, or the player that sees them as invisible moves.
4. Fix for Noteblock pitch being wrong - more noticeable when chords are played.
5. Fix for Mobs dying in walls (happens for baby mobs after they become adults).
6. Fix for chunks not loading in maps - tends to be specific seeds.
7. Fixed streaming music not playing after a playing CD has been ejected from a jukebox
8. Fix for player being able to attach Signs to the Chest with a block placed above it.
9. Fix for player being able to breed wild Ocelots.
10. Fix for player being able to breed Ocelot with Cat.
11. Fix for tame wolves being removed if no players were near them when they were angry.
12. Fix for Potion of Night Vision corrupts the game's UI while player is falling into the Void in the End.
13. Fix for the damage decals flickering and/or not present if players are not close to each other in Survival Mode in a local splitscreen game.
14. Fix for damage decals not displaying in splitscreen if the secondary player is 30 + blocks away from the primary player.
15. Fixed lava drip particles being too dark/black.
16. Fix for sitting wolves (or stationary entities) not being immediately visible if a remote player spawns next to them, or spawns far away and quickly heads towards them
17. Fix for Leather Armour not displaying the enchantment glow.
18. Fix for Enchanted item in hand effect being wrong.
19. Fix for blocks placed at Y 128 being black on top.
To contact the editor, e-mail: