Halo 2 Anniversary News: HD Remake in November, Halo 5: Guardians Set for 2015
By Karla Danica Figuerres | May 21, 2014 2:13 PM EST
On top of today's massive Halo News and upcoming Halo 5: Guardians release in 2015 there is a new story. Something familiar, a story that we've heard ten years ago - the story of the Arbiter and the Master Chief and the Gravemind.
Halo 2 is assured to be released on the Xbox One this fall. Last January, Halo PR guru Rob Semsey tweeted to supporters to let them have an idea that 2014 would highlight a new Halo experience. There is this anonymous blogger named ntkrnl leaked information into neoGAF which revealed that the Halo 2 Anniversary Edition was coming to Xbox One this fall and would be packed with Halo 5 beta keys.
Kotaku testified on the news that ntkrnl was right in his review. Kotaku also mentioned some information that ntkrnl was accurate too. However, it is still a big question mark who is ntkrnl. Whoever he is he seems trusted, which means Halo news can really be true. Here are his take on what would happen with Halo this year:
1 - Halo Anniversary 2 will be 1080p, iffy on the 60fps, maybe not.
2- Halo 2 Anniversary includes beta for Halo 5
3 - Multiplayer confirmed for HA2, same devs as Halo Anniversary.
4 - Two versions of H2A. Collectors' Edition with the Beta access, the Halo series (not the Blomkamp one) War Collection with the above, as well as ports of Halo 3 & 4 for XB1.
5 - Halo 2 HD, Halo 3 Port, Halo 4 Port, Halo 5 In the span of one year.
6 - Same day launch (Nov 11th)
If these pieces of information are true, then November will a great month for Halo fans. In the formal declaration for Halo 5: Guardians, Microsoft said "we'll give you much more information about our plans for this year at the Xbox E3 2014 Media Briefing on June 9, and we're confident that Halo fans will be pretty excited about the special plans we have in store."
Xbox Chief Phil Spencer said last March that, "All the things that you and I know about the evolution of the franchise, if you're going to say one thing about Halo 2, you're going to talk about real multiplayer. I think you just have to nail that in just such a fundamentally core way. Frankly [we'd have to do it] probably better than we did with Halo 1 Anniversary. I thought the multiplayer in Halo 1 Anniversary was good, but Halo 1 never had multiplayer in the truest sense, so it always was going to be something different," he claimed. "If there were something called Halo 2 Anniversary, I think the multiplayer would have to be fantastic."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments