Sony Xperia M2: Five Fresh Features to Expect from New Smart Phone
By Ma Evelyn Castino Quilas | May 21, 2014 2:04 PM EST
Sony Xperia M2 dual sim will soon hit the Australian shores as MobiCity starts accepting pre-orders for the smart gadget. Before hitting the button to send pre-orders, here are five fresh features to expect from the new smart phone.
Dual Sim Capability
As the name suggests, Sony Xperia M2 dual sim is capable of holding two sim cards. While most of the mobile phones do not accept a second sim, users of Sony Xperia M2 dual sim will be able to enjoy two numbers from totally different carriers at the same time.
According to Sony Mobile Web site, Sony Xperia M2 dual sim comes with a 4.8 inch thin film transistor (TFT) capacitive touchscreen. The screen resolution is at 960 x 540p with 229 parts per inches (ppi) pixel density. It also has 16 million colours and multi-touch display with a scratch-resistant glass. Sony employs the same display technology for their television sets to the smart phones. With this high-end display capability, users will be able to clearly see the graphics, texts, and other information displayed on their smart phone.
Sony also boosts that Sony Xperia M2 dual sim uses Qualcomm Snapdragon 1.2 GHz Quad-core processor with a 1 GB RAM to go along with it. It runs on Android Jelly Bean version 4.3 with an 8 GB internal storage that can be expanded to 32 GB using a microSD card. Given such powerful processor, users will be able to enjoy a lightning-fast performance of this smart phone unit with greater peace of mind that the phone's battery is thoroughly maximised.
Sony Xperia M2 dual sim has an 8 megapixel rear facing camera that utilises Exmor RSTM technology. It boosts an LED flash with a mobile image sensor and HDR for both photos and videos. It also has face and smile detection, Panorama, image stabilisation, Geo-tagging, and touch focus. With the great camera features, users get to take as many selfies and snapshots as they want and get crisp, exceptional quality output.
According to an article from PR Wire, MobiCity accepts pre-orders directly from their Web site for at $349.95 + shipping. Sony Xperia M2 Dual-SIM will have a full 12 months warranty and support. Users can choose among white, purple and black for the colors. The company have no word yet when will they start shipping the items so in the meantime, users have to make full use of the single sim mobile phones they currently have.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510