'The Voice' Season 6: Can Usher Finally Break Adam and Blake?
By Christine Jane Caparras | May 21, 2014 2:00 PM EST
Usher is aiming to make history in "The Voice." The winner of the singing contest will be announced tonight and the show's six seasons has never seen a coach win other than Adam Levine and Blake Shelton. Adam has won twice while Blake has won three times to complete the last five seasons and other previous judges Christina Aguilera and Cee Lo Green have been eating their dust so far. Shakira no longer has a contestant left in this year's competition so the task to break the pattern has fallen on Usher's shoulders.
Celebrity coaches Shakira and Usher pose at a media event for the television show "The Voice" in Hollywood, California, April 3, 2014.
In Usher's previous stint, he came close to winning the competition with his ward Michelle Chamuel back in season 4. Blake eventually took the victory with Danielle Bradbery.
This season, Usher's remaining contestant is Josh Kaufman, a father of three from Indianapolis, who breezed through the live shows and seems to have a strong chance of winning the competition with successful covers of songs by Sam Smith, Bonnie Raitt and John Legend which all ranked in the iTunes top 10 charts.
Team Adam's Christina Grimmie and Team Blake's Jake Worthington would obviously be tough competition to beat and Usher has to worry about the enigmatic duo's star power and hoards of voting loyalists.
"The destination is the journey, and throughout this entire process, that's been it! You've been up and down; lost and found; signed, sealed and delivered. You made it to the Top 10 [in the top] 100 songs in the country. That right there, is not to be mistaken. This is the representation of what "The Voice" is. It cannot happen that this guy does not win "The Voice." You are the winner of this competition!" said Usher after Kaufman's final performance on Monday night.
Before signing off "The Voice" for next season where he and Shakira will be replaced by Pharell and Gwen Stefani, Usher is trying his best to break the Adam-Blake bromance and the domination that they have had in the past five seasons.
The two coaches have been the center of attention recently as their on-screen antics have amused audiences Blake Shelton criticized Adam's new blond hairdo and likened him to Miley Cyrus and Meg Ryan. He even said that both his wives have now become blond referring to country superstar Miranda Lambert.
Adam on the other hand, fought back by saying that Blake would look like Kenny Rogers with bleached hair which didn't seem to bother Blake at all. The two coaches and their antics have been stealing the spotlight and Usher has to worry about their popularity and the voting power of their fans if he wants to succeed. The verdict will be released tonight. Will Usher make history or will it be status quo for next season?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Reports: The Truth Behind the Duchess Miscarriage
- Young and the Restless July 28- August 1 Spoilers, Cast News: Updates on Devon, Hilary, Chelsea, Billy, Jack, Phyllis Plus Criminal Minds Actor Returns
- Game of Thrones Season 5 Spoilers: Daenerys Targaryen vs Yezzan, Nymeria Sand Actress Announced at Comic Con 2014
- Sons of Anarchy Charlie Hunnam Heartbroken about Walking Away from Fifty Shades of Grey [VIDEO]
- The Walking Dead Season 5 Official Trailer Released Plus Premiere Date, Spoilers: Gun Battle, Zombies, Beth Greene [VIDEO]
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 Android 5.0 L Material Design Coming with More Interface Changes
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE-A Android 4.4.2 KitKat Update Rolls Out: When to Hit Your Region
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- Shocking Video of Pedigree Dog Culling in Bali Emerges [Video]