'The Voice' Season 6: Can Usher Finally Break Adam and Blake?
By Christine Jane Caparras | May 21, 2014 2:00 PM EST
Usher is aiming to make history in "The Voice." The winner of the singing contest will be announced tonight and the show's six seasons has never seen a coach win other than Adam Levine and Blake Shelton. Adam has won twice while Blake has won three times to complete the last five seasons and other previous judges Christina Aguilera and Cee Lo Green have been eating their dust so far. Shakira no longer has a contestant left in this year's competition so the task to break the pattern has fallen on Usher's shoulders.
Celebrity coaches Shakira and Usher pose at a media event for the television show "The Voice" in Hollywood, California, April 3, 2014.
In Usher's previous stint, he came close to winning the competition with his ward Michelle Chamuel back in season 4. Blake eventually took the victory with Danielle Bradbery.
This season, Usher's remaining contestant is Josh Kaufman, a father of three from Indianapolis, who breezed through the live shows and seems to have a strong chance of winning the competition with successful covers of songs by Sam Smith, Bonnie Raitt and John Legend which all ranked in the iTunes top 10 charts.
Team Adam's Christina Grimmie and Team Blake's Jake Worthington would obviously be tough competition to beat and Usher has to worry about the enigmatic duo's star power and hoards of voting loyalists.
"The destination is the journey, and throughout this entire process, that's been it! You've been up and down; lost and found; signed, sealed and delivered. You made it to the Top 10 [in the top] 100 songs in the country. That right there, is not to be mistaken. This is the representation of what "The Voice" is. It cannot happen that this guy does not win "The Voice." You are the winner of this competition!" said Usher after Kaufman's final performance on Monday night.
Before signing off "The Voice" for next season where he and Shakira will be replaced by Pharell and Gwen Stefani, Usher is trying his best to break the Adam-Blake bromance and the domination that they have had in the past five seasons.
The two coaches have been the center of attention recently as their on-screen antics have amused audiences Blake Shelton criticized Adam's new blond hairdo and likened him to Miley Cyrus and Meg Ryan. He even said that both his wives have now become blond referring to country superstar Miranda Lambert.
Adam on the other hand, fought back by saying that Blake would look like Kenny Rogers with bleached hair which didn't seem to bother Blake at all. The two coaches and their antics have been stealing the spotlight and Usher has to worry about their popularity and the voting power of their fans if he wants to succeed. The verdict will be released tonight. Will Usher make history or will it be status quo for next season?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- Kristen Stewart ‘Not In Love’ With ‘Equals’ Co-star Nicholas Hoult -- Reports
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch