Order Restored for Defending Champs: Miami Heat Take Game 2 Over Indiana Pacers, East Finals Tied at 1-1
By James Patrick Quizon | May 21, 2014 1:54 PM EST
After doubts were cast on the two-time defending champions to get back to the NBA Finals, order is restored in Miami after LeBron James and Dwyane Wade willed the Miami Heat to a stirring 87-83 victory in Game 2 of the Eastern Conference Finals.
May 20, 2014; Indianapolis, IN, USA; Miami Heat guard Dwyane Wade (3) dunks the ball over Indiana Pacers guard George Hill (3) during the second half of game two of the Eastern Conference Finals of the 2014 NBA Playoffs at Bankers Life Fieldhouse. The Miami Heat beat the Indiana Pacers 87 to 83.
Trailing 72-75 with 5:33 to go in the payoff period, James and Wade took over down the stretch unleashing a 10-0 outburst to grab the commanding 82-75 advantage with just less than two minutes to go in the game.
The Pacers, never recovered to lose homecourt advantage in this best-of-seven affair.
James and Wade combined for 55 points and the duo was efficient from the field shooting 19-of-34 from the floor. As a team, Heat shot over 50 per cent for the second straight game. Meanwhile, Indiana couldn’t sustain their hot start in the series making just 32-of-80 shots (40%). The Pacers shot 51.5 per cent from the field in their 107-96 victory in Game 1.
The third wheel of the Heat's trio, Chris Bosh had another so-so outing with just 9 points and 6 boards. But the Heat’s reserves outscored the Pacers’, 20-9 in this low scoring affair. Back-up point guard Norris Cole made key contributions and hustle plays and ended up with 11 points perfect 2-of-2 from the three-point line.
Like in Game 1, all Pacers starters finished in double-figure scoring. This time however David West (5-of-16 FG) and Paul George (4-of-16 FG) struggled from the floor for 10 and 14 points, respectively. Lance Stephenson continued his good play with 25 points, 6 rebounds and 7 assists.
The teams get a long break after this game and series shifts to Miami for Game 3 set on Saturday (Sunday morning Australia).
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin Happy Houston Rockets Sent Him To LA Lakers
- Jeremy Lin's Trade To Los Angeles Lakers Is An Opportunity To Reinvent His Brand
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Group B Preview, Schedule and Key Players: Argentina, Greece, Croatia Favourites To Top Opening Round
- American Heavyweight Boxer Amir Mansour Says It’s Disrespectful For 50 Cent To Take Jabs At Floyd Mayweather On Social Media
- Roger Federer and Michael Jordan Collaborate To Create Sneaker History For the US Open 2014
- Apple on iPhone 6 Release Date One Week After September 9 Despite Display Shortage Starting $800
- James Foley Video Had A Change Of Actor – Expert Points Out
- Canada Concerned About Russia’s Military Expansion in Arctic
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Nokia X2 vs. Nokia Lumia 530 - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Why Moto X is Not the Best Smartphone to Purchase Now?