Order Restored for Defending Champs: Miami Heat Take Game 2 Over Indiana Pacers, East Finals Tied at 1-1
By James Patrick Quizon | May 21, 2014 1:54 PM EST
After doubts were cast on the two-time defending champions to get back to the NBA Finals, order is restored in Miami after LeBron James and Dwyane Wade willed the Miami Heat to a stirring 87-83 victory in Game 2 of the Eastern Conference Finals.
May 20, 2014; Indianapolis, IN, USA; Miami Heat guard Dwyane Wade (3) dunks the ball over Indiana Pacers guard George Hill (3) during the second half of game two of the Eastern Conference Finals of the 2014 NBA Playoffs at Bankers Life Fieldhouse. The Miami Heat beat the Indiana Pacers 87 to 83.
Trailing 72-75 with 5:33 to go in the payoff period, James and Wade took over down the stretch unleashing a 10-0 outburst to grab the commanding 82-75 advantage with just less than two minutes to go in the game.
The Pacers, never recovered to lose homecourt advantage in this best-of-seven affair.
James and Wade combined for 55 points and the duo was efficient from the field shooting 19-of-34 from the floor. As a team, Heat shot over 50 per cent for the second straight game. Meanwhile, Indiana couldn’t sustain their hot start in the series making just 32-of-80 shots (40%). The Pacers shot 51.5 per cent from the field in their 107-96 victory in Game 1.
The third wheel of the Heat's trio, Chris Bosh had another so-so outing with just 9 points and 6 boards. But the Heat’s reserves outscored the Pacers’, 20-9 in this low scoring affair. Back-up point guard Norris Cole made key contributions and hustle plays and ended up with 11 points perfect 2-of-2 from the three-point line.
Like in Game 1, all Pacers starters finished in double-figure scoring. This time however David West (5-of-16 FG) and Paul George (4-of-16 FG) struggled from the floor for 10 and 14 points, respectively. Lance Stephenson continued his good play with 25 points, 6 rebounds and 7 assists.
The teams get a long break after this game and series shifts to Miami for Game 3 set on Saturday (Sunday morning Australia).
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports