‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Final Season] Episode 7 ‘Waterloo’: Synopsis, Preview Allude to Massive Failure [VIDEO]
By Anshu Shrivastava | May 21, 2014 1:54 PM EST
The title "Waterloo" of Episode 7 of "Man Men" Final Season alludes to a massive failure. It can be assumed that Don Draper will be seen dealing with this failure. The synopsis of the episode says that he will be receiving a letter that will trouble him, and also, the preview clip hints at Don landing once again on a sticky wicket.
According to the official synopsis of "Mad Men" Season 7, Episode 7, "Waterloo," "Don is troubled by a letter; Peggy may seek a new future on a risky venture; Roger receives a phone call; Pete and Cutler butt heads."
The preview clip is made of old footage. If the old footage holds a key to what is going to happen in "Waterloo," then it looks like Jim Cutler manages to check-mate Don. In one of the previous episodes, Don crashes the meeting of Jim and Lou Avery with Philip Morris's representatives to bag the account of Commander cigarettes. Don's "Why I'm Quitting Tobacco" in the New York Times made him a person unwanted in the room. And, if Jim and Lou had bagged the account, Don would have been shown the door by SC&P. Don won the first round by volunteering to quit SC&P if the firm gets the account, and then made a pitch in his favour. Afterwards, Lou said to him "You're incredible," while Jim warned, "You think this is going to save, don't you?" Jim's warning is included in the footage along with Don's offer to quit.
If the Burger Chef's campaign was showing Don's slow climb up the ladder, it seems that Philip Morris's cigarette account is going to make him again a man unwanted in the firm.
Megan is the other person who features, prominently, in the preview clip. This has trigged-off the speculations that she is likely to die in the episode. Prior to the premiere of "Mad Men" Season 7, there were rumours that Megan's story-line is based on American actress Sharon Tate's life. The actress was murdered by the Manson family at the age of 26.
The preview clip also indicates that the issue related to Chevy account will be part of "Waterloo," which is the mid-season finale.
The second instalment of "Mad Men" Final Season, consisting of final seven episodes, is speculated to air sometime in spring 2015.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Will Name Second Child Diana, Camilla Parker-Bowles Not Invited to Prince George’s Birthday - Reports
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Kanye West Abandons Kim Kardashian after 58 Days of Marriage – Reports
- Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev Drama: Heartbroken The Vampire Diaries Actress Reacts to Nikki Reed Dating News—Report
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales