‘Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare’ is a “New IP;” ‘Battlefield 4’ Gets Bug Fixes and DLC
By Gel Galang | May 21, 2014 12:18 PM EST
The expected "great show" coming for the E3 2014 is one of the fruits of labor that Sledgehammer Games will be celebrating for its long effort and hard work for the newest Call of Duty game, "Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare."
And while there have been not much teasers recently, albeit most are geared towards the E3 2014 reveal, the developers have been eager to share what they have been up to in the creation of the newest installment.
Quoting an interview with Game Informer, Worlds Factory reports that what can make "Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare" different from the previous installments is in the approach viewpoint of the developers.
"We approached this like we would any new UP. I mean this has been one heck of a creative challenge. Everything is brand new in the game," said Sledgehammer Games co-founder Glen Schofield in the interview.
While some core aspects of "Call of Duty" have been retained, such as the 60FPS resolution, there are changes that the developers hoped would put a mark of Sledgehammer on the franchise.
It would be interesting to see how Sledgehammer's history and influence from the Dead Space franchise would manifest in "Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare," given that the co-founders of Sledgehammer Games had helmed the franchise.
"Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare" is set to debut on November 4 for the PS4 and Xbox One (as developed by Sledgehammer Games), while another unnamed studio is set to develop the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions.
"Battlefield 4's" Dragon's Teeth Showcased in Footage
As promised by DICE, the latest DLC coming for "Battlefield 4," titled "Dragon's Teeth," is bringing in a number of new things on the horizon of the game.
Announced via the Battlefield Blog, DICE stated that there will be new modes, weapons, gadgets and customization options.
However, the teaser trailer above is nowhere near informative with regard to the actual Dragon's Teeth DLC. A quick search revealed a number of videos already showcasing the weapons and gadgets that can be seen for "Battlefield 4's" newest DLC.
Some of the new weapons include the SIG MPX, the Desert Eagle, the Mateba Unica 6, and of course, the Riot Shield, which is believed to be the two-handed ballistic shield.
"Battlefield 4" Community Test Environment Yields Results
One of the new systems in "Battlefield 4" meant to target bugs and gauge fixes, which is the Community Test Environment, is yielding quite a progressive output. MP1st reports that after only a week's worth of PC premium subscribers, the new system for "Battlefield 4" has gotten a few feedbacks from the community.
While these are not yet final updates and may not be rolled out for the general public unless approved by DICE, the source lists down the new improvements:
- Server tick rate improved from 10hz to 30hz - Leads to a smoother and more responsive network experience
- High Frequency Network Update option - Customize your tick rate based on your own hardware specs
- Customize ADS sensitivity - Customize the sensitivity of individual optic zooms independently of hip fire sensitivity
- Screen shake from explosions and other environmental hazards reduced
- Chat delay fixed
- Terrain exploits fixed
- Character collision improved
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'Dragon Age Keep' Guide: How To Use And Set Up Background Story For 'Dragon Age Inquisition'
- Google Nexus 6 Sold-Out Inventory: Android 5.0, Motorola-Nexus Branding, Network Carriers, Competitive Price
- ‘Destiny': Apocalypse-Themed Sparrows, Pumpkin Head Weapons As Contents For Halloween
- The Xperia Z3: A Review On Sony’s New Flagship
- Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Developer Edition Now Available At $699.99, Without Instalment Plan Options
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery