‘Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare’ is a “New IP;” ‘Battlefield 4’ Gets Bug Fixes and DLC
By Gel Galang | May 21, 2014 12:18 PM EST
The expected "great show" coming for the E3 2014 is one of the fruits of labor that Sledgehammer Games will be celebrating for its long effort and hard work for the newest Call of Duty game, "Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare."
And while there have been not much teasers recently, albeit most are geared towards the E3 2014 reveal, the developers have been eager to share what they have been up to in the creation of the newest installment.
Quoting an interview with Game Informer, Worlds Factory reports that what can make "Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare" different from the previous installments is in the approach viewpoint of the developers.
"We approached this like we would any new UP. I mean this has been one heck of a creative challenge. Everything is brand new in the game," said Sledgehammer Games co-founder Glen Schofield in the interview.
While some core aspects of "Call of Duty" have been retained, such as the 60FPS resolution, there are changes that the developers hoped would put a mark of Sledgehammer on the franchise.
It would be interesting to see how Sledgehammer's history and influence from the Dead Space franchise would manifest in "Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare," given that the co-founders of Sledgehammer Games had helmed the franchise.
"Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare" is set to debut on November 4 for the PS4 and Xbox One (as developed by Sledgehammer Games), while another unnamed studio is set to develop the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions.
"Battlefield 4's" Dragon's Teeth Showcased in Footage
As promised by DICE, the latest DLC coming for "Battlefield 4," titled "Dragon's Teeth," is bringing in a number of new things on the horizon of the game.
Announced via the Battlefield Blog, DICE stated that there will be new modes, weapons, gadgets and customization options.
However, the teaser trailer above is nowhere near informative with regard to the actual Dragon's Teeth DLC. A quick search revealed a number of videos already showcasing the weapons and gadgets that can be seen for "Battlefield 4's" newest DLC.
Some of the new weapons include the SIG MPX, the Desert Eagle, the Mateba Unica 6, and of course, the Riot Shield, which is believed to be the two-handed ballistic shield.
"Battlefield 4" Community Test Environment Yields Results
One of the new systems in "Battlefield 4" meant to target bugs and gauge fixes, which is the Community Test Environment, is yielding quite a progressive output. MP1st reports that after only a week's worth of PC premium subscribers, the new system for "Battlefield 4" has gotten a few feedbacks from the community.
While these are not yet final updates and may not be rolled out for the general public unless approved by DICE, the source lists down the new improvements:
- Server tick rate improved from 10hz to 30hz - Leads to a smoother and more responsive network experience
- High Frequency Network Update option - Customize your tick rate based on your own hardware specs
- Customize ADS sensitivity - Customize the sensitivity of individual optic zooms independently of hip fire sensitivity
- Screen shake from explosions and other environmental hazards reduced
- Chat delay fixed
- Terrain exploits fixed
- Character collision improved
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- 'The Sims 4' Mac Version: Bugs, Missing Elements Players Must Be Prepared Of
- 'Destiny' vs. 'Titanfall': New Legendary Gears Spotted And Update 8 Features Detailed
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28