PS4 Updates: ‘Destiny,’ ‘Planetside 2’ and ‘Killzone’ Dev Game All Looking Great on the PS4
By Gel Galang | May 21, 2014 12:18 PM EST
"Killzone Shadow Fall" is not the only title that Guerilla Games is working on for the PS4. And even though the developers are coming fresh from working on the title, particularly with the Intercept DLC, the new title IP is something that will take a different route from "Killzone Shadow Fall."
What's great about this new IP is that, compared to "Killzone Shadow Fall," which is pretty much a launch title where the developers had to test the waters, Eurogamer reports that the new IP may have a smoother flow in terms of production.
But as far as details are concerned, the guys at Guerilla Games are keeping mum as much as they can. The only real detail known about it is that it may be an open world RPG that's already been in development for quite a while.
"It's really awesome! It's exciting times. If I even say one word, people will kill me," said Poria Torkan, producer at Guerilla Games, to Eurogamer.
"Destiny" Gameplay Trailer Showcases New Elements
Sony has just released a new gameplay trailer for the upcoming title "Destiny." Though not a PS4 exclusive IP, there are some perks for those who are getting the title on the PlayStation platforms, as the PS4 and PS3 will have early beta access for the game.
"Everything feels really tight and responsive, but there's things that they might not be used to yet like the vertical movement modes, the double tapping, "said Lars Bakken, lead designer, in the Destiny on PS4 video guide.
Another interesting point that was brought up was the kind of customization that gamers can do with their characters for "Destiny." According to the developer, customization is not just a series of pushing buttons, but an almost marketplace feel to it-as it also requires socialization and conversation among other players. This is an interesting aspect of the game, though hopefully, the studio will be able to detail these new features soon.
Check out the trailer and learn more about the direction that "Destiny" is going to. The title is shaping up to be an interesting and unpredictable ride, for all its social-inclined features are worth.
"Planetside 2" Teased in a New Snapshot
"Planetside 2" is shaping up to be a pretty good game for the PS4, if a new screenshot from obtained by Pushquare is anything to go by. This comes in time for another emphasis on the fact that the game will be playable at the E3 2014.
"We've just been cranking on our E3 version that will be hands-on playable, said Clint Worley, executive producer of "Planetside 2," as quoted by Pushsquare.
If that's not enough, CVG reports that a new update for the title allows for character implants and stat boosts. It seems that the implants will come from drops after dealing with the team's goals, executing kills or destroying vehicles. For those who are willing to pay, the implants will also be available on the Station Cash store.
Apart from the implants, the update will also do some tweaks for the Media Class, the Howling Pass Region and other features of "Planetside 2."
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- 'World Of Warcraft' ‘The Iron Tide' 6.0.2 Patch Hotfixes Update Including New Resolved Issues Regarding Scenarios, Raids, Classes, Battlegrounds And Arenas
- 'The Sims 4' Mac Version: Bugs, Missing Elements Players Must Be Prepared Of
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation