‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Update: ‘There’s Been a Lot More Secrecy on Set’
By Tarun Mazumdar | May 21, 2014 11:12 AM EST
The zombie show is not coming back until October 2014 and any intel about what's happening on the set of "The Walking Dead" Season 5 is gold. Comic book writer and executive producer of "TWD" talks to Entertainment Weekly about the upcoming season. He states that the new season is magical and the cast members are ready with their A-game. However, due to the cliffhanger season 4 finale, the show is quite secretive about what is going on.
"There's been a lot more secrecy on set," revealed Robert to Entertainment Weekly.
"Just because any images that get out of any kind of things that are seen do in a sense spoil that cliffhanger, so we're trying to keep things a little more tight this time around. There's always people crowding around where we're filming and trying to get spy spots of what we're doing and stuff, but for the most part we've been able to avoid that. This is the first time we've really finished a season and gone back to the same place for the next season, so that's kind of cool."
Robert also mentions about doing "new and different and crazy and exciting things."
Also, Robert confirms that due to the cliffhanger scene in "The Walking Dead" Season 4, level of action will be high in the new episodes of Season 5. In the Season 4 finale episode, Rick Grimes (Andrew Lincoln) and other survivors are stuck in the dreaded train car called A. Fans are eagerly waiting to know how they will manage to come out of the car.
According to Robert, "The Walking Dead" works best with things going up and down. The last season picked up things in a down cycle. However, the new season's first episode is certainly going to be high on action and drama.
"The Walking Dead" Season 5 starts this October on AMC.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]