Ex-‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Charne Louise Fails to Charm ‘The Voice Australia’ Coaches
By Anne Lu | May 21, 2014 11:04 AM EST
Former “Big Brother Australia” housemate Charne Louise tried her luck on “The Voice Australia” on Tuesday night. Unfortunately, reality TV has ended for her when she exited Big Brother’s house in 2012.
The once Ms Pin-Up Australia winner performed her rendition of Lady Gaga’s “Born This Way” for the coaches during the blind audition. But while Charne displayed unmistakable talent, she wasn’t able to charm any of the four coaches.
Kylie Minogue said that it’s apparent that Charne is a seasoned performer, but her choice of song wasn’t right for her.
Charne was a houseguest in the Big Brother house in season nine. She was the first to be evicted after being nominated for eviction on Day 8, receiving 22 nomination points.
But despite being the first to be evicted, she thought it was actually a compliment.
“Australians have a habit of kicking out the most interesting people first,” she had told TheFIX at that time.
“People who don’t conform to the so-called normality of the world, we’re the ones who get pushed aside unfortunately. But that’s the way it goes.”
Even then she knew that she would be auditioning for “The Voice,” saying that she was considering joining the second season of the show.
She wasn’t able to join the second season; it took her one more season before she auditioned.
Tuesday night was the last night of the blind auditions. And while Charne wasn’t fortunate enough to pass it, there were a few who have managed to turn chairs.
Megan Longhurst, whose father is the legendary NRL player Garry Longhurst, turned the chairs of Kylie and Joel Madden after her rousing rendition of “Don’t Cry Out Loud.” She went with Kylie’s team in the end.
Performing Taylor Swift’s “Safe and Sound,” Elise Baker impressed both Joel and will.i.am, choosing Joel over the Black Eyed Peas star.
Soli Tesema’s version of Beyonce’s “Halo” allowed her to advance from the blind audition. She went with Will’s team.
Here’s Charne Louise singing “Separate Ways,” recorded at “The Greenroom Project” on May 20:
‘The Voice Australia’: Former NRL WAG Maybelle Galuvao Gets Second Shot at Stardom [READ]
Ex-‘Australian Idol’ Singer and Now ‘The Voice’ Contestant Hayley Jensen: ‘What’s Your Problem, Mark Holden?’ [READ]
‘The Voice Australia’ Contestant Zaachariah Fielding of ZK Syas He Doesn’t Need to Apologise for Snubbing Kylie Minogue [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- 'Revenge' Season 4 Spoilers: Daniel, Emily In Twisted Friendship; David Clarke Mystery Growing (Review, Updates)
- 'The Mentalist' Season 7, Episode 1 Spoilers: The Ending Begins For Patrick Jane And Teresa Lisbon (Synopsis)
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports