Ex-‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Charne Louise Fails to Charm ‘The Voice Australia’ Coaches
By Anne Lu | May 21, 2014 11:04 AM EST
Former “Big Brother Australia” housemate Charne Louise tried her luck on “The Voice Australia” on Tuesday night. Unfortunately, reality TV has ended for her when she exited Big Brother’s house in 2012.
The once Ms Pin-Up Australia winner performed her rendition of Lady Gaga’s “Born This Way” for the coaches during the blind audition. But while Charne displayed unmistakable talent, she wasn’t able to charm any of the four coaches.
Kylie Minogue said that it’s apparent that Charne is a seasoned performer, but her choice of song wasn’t right for her.
Charne was a houseguest in the Big Brother house in season nine. She was the first to be evicted after being nominated for eviction on Day 8, receiving 22 nomination points.
But despite being the first to be evicted, she thought it was actually a compliment.
“Australians have a habit of kicking out the most interesting people first,” she had told TheFIX at that time.
“People who don’t conform to the so-called normality of the world, we’re the ones who get pushed aside unfortunately. But that’s the way it goes.”
Even then she knew that she would be auditioning for “The Voice,” saying that she was considering joining the second season of the show.
She wasn’t able to join the second season; it took her one more season before she auditioned.
Tuesday night was the last night of the blind auditions. And while Charne wasn’t fortunate enough to pass it, there were a few who have managed to turn chairs.
Megan Longhurst, whose father is the legendary NRL player Garry Longhurst, turned the chairs of Kylie and Joel Madden after her rousing rendition of “Don’t Cry Out Loud.” She went with Kylie’s team in the end.
Performing Taylor Swift’s “Safe and Sound,” Elise Baker impressed both Joel and will.i.am, choosing Joel over the Black Eyed Peas star.
Soli Tesema’s version of Beyonce’s “Halo” allowed her to advance from the blind audition. She went with Will’s team.
Here’s Charne Louise singing “Separate Ways,” recorded at “The Greenroom Project” on May 20:
‘The Voice Australia’: Former NRL WAG Maybelle Galuvao Gets Second Shot at Stardom [READ]
Ex-‘Australian Idol’ Singer and Now ‘The Voice’ Contestant Hayley Jensen: ‘What’s Your Problem, Mark Holden?’ [READ]
‘The Voice Australia’ Contestant Zaachariah Fielding of ZK Syas He Doesn’t Need to Apologise for Snubbing Kylie Minogue [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Camilla Parker-Bowles To Become Queen When Prince Charles Accedes To The Throne
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage