Ex-‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Charne Louise Fails to Charm ‘The Voice Australia’ Coaches
By Anne Lu | May 21, 2014 11:04 AM EST
Former “Big Brother Australia” housemate Charne Louise tried her luck on “The Voice Australia” on Tuesday night. Unfortunately, reality TV has ended for her when she exited Big Brother’s house in 2012.
The once Ms Pin-Up Australia winner performed her rendition of Lady Gaga’s “Born This Way” for the coaches during the blind audition. But while Charne displayed unmistakable talent, she wasn’t able to charm any of the four coaches.
Kylie Minogue said that it’s apparent that Charne is a seasoned performer, but her choice of song wasn’t right for her.
Charne was a houseguest in the Big Brother house in season nine. She was the first to be evicted after being nominated for eviction on Day 8, receiving 22 nomination points.
But despite being the first to be evicted, she thought it was actually a compliment.
“Australians have a habit of kicking out the most interesting people first,” she had told TheFIX at that time.
“People who don’t conform to the so-called normality of the world, we’re the ones who get pushed aside unfortunately. But that’s the way it goes.”
Even then she knew that she would be auditioning for “The Voice,” saying that she was considering joining the second season of the show.
She wasn’t able to join the second season; it took her one more season before she auditioned.
Tuesday night was the last night of the blind auditions. And while Charne wasn’t fortunate enough to pass it, there were a few who have managed to turn chairs.
Megan Longhurst, whose father is the legendary NRL player Garry Longhurst, turned the chairs of Kylie and Joel Madden after her rousing rendition of “Don’t Cry Out Loud.” She went with Kylie’s team in the end.
Performing Taylor Swift’s “Safe and Sound,” Elise Baker impressed both Joel and will.i.am, choosing Joel over the Black Eyed Peas star.
Soli Tesema’s version of Beyonce’s “Halo” allowed her to advance from the blind audition. She went with Will’s team.
Here’s Charne Louise singing “Separate Ways,” recorded at “The Greenroom Project” on May 20:
‘The Voice Australia’: Former NRL WAG Maybelle Galuvao Gets Second Shot at Stardom [READ]
Ex-‘Australian Idol’ Singer and Now ‘The Voice’ Contestant Hayley Jensen: ‘What’s Your Problem, Mark Holden?’ [READ]
‘The Voice Australia’ Contestant Zaachariah Fielding of ZK Syas He Doesn’t Need to Apologise for Snubbing Kylie Minogue [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- UEFA Champions League Draw Result and Replay: Arsenal Joins Toughest Group, Cristiano Ronaldo Named Best Player In Europe [PHOTOS and VIDEO]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jennifer Lawrence’s Nude Photos and Videos Leaked by 4Chan Hacker; Ariana Grande, Lea Michele, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Kate Upton’s Also Included
- Celebrities’ Leaked Nude Photos: Master-List Printed, Selena Gomez, Kim Kardashian, Kate Upton, Jennifer Lawrence, Kaley Cuoco, Rihanna, More Names On It
- Nude Photos Leaked: Mary Elizabeth Winstead Says Nude Photos Hers, Faces Backlash, Takes Twitter Break
- ‘Bachelor In Paradise’ Spoilers: Find Out Whether AshLee Frazier And Graham Bunn Last Till The End; Meet The New Arrivals Of Episode 6
- ‘The Leftovers’: Episode 10 On Hold, Renewed For Season 2, Season 1 Finale Synopsis And Preview [VIDEO]
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen