Ex-‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Charne Louise Fails to Charm ‘The Voice Australia’ Coaches
By Anne Lu | May 21, 2014 11:04 AM EST
Former “Big Brother Australia” housemate Charne Louise tried her luck on “The Voice Australia” on Tuesday night. Unfortunately, reality TV has ended for her when she exited Big Brother’s house in 2012.
The once Ms Pin-Up Australia winner performed her rendition of Lady Gaga’s “Born This Way” for the coaches during the blind audition. But while Charne displayed unmistakable talent, she wasn’t able to charm any of the four coaches.
Kylie Minogue said that it’s apparent that Charne is a seasoned performer, but her choice of song wasn’t right for her.
Charne was a houseguest in the Big Brother house in season nine. She was the first to be evicted after being nominated for eviction on Day 8, receiving 22 nomination points.
But despite being the first to be evicted, she thought it was actually a compliment.
“Australians have a habit of kicking out the most interesting people first,” she had told TheFIX at that time.
“People who don’t conform to the so-called normality of the world, we’re the ones who get pushed aside unfortunately. But that’s the way it goes.”
Even then she knew that she would be auditioning for “The Voice,” saying that she was considering joining the second season of the show.
She wasn’t able to join the second season; it took her one more season before she auditioned.
Tuesday night was the last night of the blind auditions. And while Charne wasn’t fortunate enough to pass it, there were a few who have managed to turn chairs.
Megan Longhurst, whose father is the legendary NRL player Garry Longhurst, turned the chairs of Kylie and Joel Madden after her rousing rendition of “Don’t Cry Out Loud.” She went with Kylie’s team in the end.
Performing Taylor Swift’s “Safe and Sound,” Elise Baker impressed both Joel and will.i.am, choosing Joel over the Black Eyed Peas star.
Soli Tesema’s version of Beyonce’s “Halo” allowed her to advance from the blind audition. She went with Will’s team.
Here’s Charne Louise singing “Separate Ways,” recorded at “The Greenroom Project” on May 20:
‘The Voice Australia’: Former NRL WAG Maybelle Galuvao Gets Second Shot at Stardom [READ]
Ex-‘Australian Idol’ Singer and Now ‘The Voice’ Contestant Hayley Jensen: ‘What’s Your Problem, Mark Holden?’ [READ]
‘The Voice Australia’ Contestant Zaachariah Fielding of ZK Syas He Doesn’t Need to Apologise for Snubbing Kylie Minogue [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers For Sept. 22-26, 2014: Consequences Of The Crichton-Clark Blast
- 'Downton Abbey' Spoilers: 'Surprising New Stories' In Season 5, George Clooney's Cameo Appearance
- Ryan Gosling And Eva Mendes Gushes Over Newborn Daughter
- ‘Top Gun 2’ Update: ‘The Jungle Book’ Writer Onboard, Tom Cruise Likely To Reprise His Role
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 New Teaser Video, Spoilers: ‘Don’t Hesitate, They Won’t’
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- Amazon Announces Kindle Fire HD 6, Kindle Fire HD 7 Tablets; Official Release Date Is Oct 2
- 'ISIL Has To Be Defeated, Plain And Simple, End Of Story,' Sen. John Kerry
- New Samsung Galaxy S5 Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Released, Verizon Guide and Installation