Ex-‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Charne Louise Fails to Charm ‘The Voice Australia’ Coaches
By Anne Lu | May 21, 2014 11:04 AM EST
Former “Big Brother Australia” housemate Charne Louise tried her luck on “The Voice Australia” on Tuesday night. Unfortunately, reality TV has ended for her when she exited Big Brother’s house in 2012.
The once Ms Pin-Up Australia winner performed her rendition of Lady Gaga’s “Born This Way” for the coaches during the blind audition. But while Charne displayed unmistakable talent, she wasn’t able to charm any of the four coaches.
Kylie Minogue said that it’s apparent that Charne is a seasoned performer, but her choice of song wasn’t right for her.
Charne was a houseguest in the Big Brother house in season nine. She was the first to be evicted after being nominated for eviction on Day 8, receiving 22 nomination points.
But despite being the first to be evicted, she thought it was actually a compliment.
“Australians have a habit of kicking out the most interesting people first,” she had told TheFIX at that time.
“People who don’t conform to the so-called normality of the world, we’re the ones who get pushed aside unfortunately. But that’s the way it goes.”
Even then she knew that she would be auditioning for “The Voice,” saying that she was considering joining the second season of the show.
She wasn’t able to join the second season; it took her one more season before she auditioned.
Tuesday night was the last night of the blind auditions. And while Charne wasn’t fortunate enough to pass it, there were a few who have managed to turn chairs.
Megan Longhurst, whose father is the legendary NRL player Garry Longhurst, turned the chairs of Kylie and Joel Madden after her rousing rendition of “Don’t Cry Out Loud.” She went with Kylie’s team in the end.
Performing Taylor Swift’s “Safe and Sound,” Elise Baker impressed both Joel and will.i.am, choosing Joel over the Black Eyed Peas star.
Soli Tesema’s version of Beyonce’s “Halo” allowed her to advance from the blind audition. She went with Will’s team.
Here’s Charne Louise singing “Separate Ways,” recorded at “The Greenroom Project” on May 20:
‘The Voice Australia’: Former NRL WAG Maybelle Galuvao Gets Second Shot at Stardom [READ]
Ex-‘Australian Idol’ Singer and Now ‘The Voice’ Contestant Hayley Jensen: ‘What’s Your Problem, Mark Holden?’ [READ]
‘The Voice Australia’ Contestant Zaachariah Fielding of ZK Syas He Doesn’t Need to Apologise for Snubbing Kylie Minogue [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Finale Recap: And The Winner Is…[Spoilers]
- Kris Jenner Shocks Boyfriend Corey Gamble In The Bedroom With Her Tricks And Fabulous Sex Life
- 'Glee' Season 6 Spoilers, Air Date: Naya Rivera Teases Wedding In Final Chapter, Lea Michele Tweets 700th Song Number
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys