Chelsea FC Transfer News: PSG to Offer £50million for Blues Winger
By Mark Wayne Eubank | May 20, 2014 10:18 PM EST
French giants Paris Saint-Germain are set to offer £50million to secure the services of Chelsea winger Eden Hazard.
The Belgian international bagged the PFA Young Player of the Year award because of his scintillating performance in the Premier League, tallying a total of fourteen goals and 7 assists this season.
“I prefer it when we speak like this, rather than saying things like: ‘He’s the best and he doesn’t need to work.” - Eden Hazard
He has had a clash with Stamford Bridge boss Jose Mourinho after they were booted out of the Champions League semi-final by Atletico Madrid, pointing on the Special One's lack of emphasis on the attacking end, while the latter questioned the 23-year-old's work rate on defence.
But, it appears that the controversy has been resolved by both of them after Hazard acknowledged that criticism within the team could also produce some positives.
"I prefer it when we speak like this, rather than saying things like: 'He's the best and he doesn't need to work,'" he told Chelsea magazine.
"I want to score more and help the team score more goals and next season I hope we can be better. Sometimes it's good, sometimes it's not so good but I try to always make sure I give my best to help the team, even if I am not having the best game myself."
However, with PSG keen on flexing their financial muscles to snatch the former Lille man, a new test in their relationship awaits.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- Ronda Rousey Rejects Idea of Fight Between A Man And A Woman In The UFC
- Manchester United: Did Ed Woodward Really Uttered Expletives During The Red Devils' Draw Against West Brom?
- Chelsea FC: No 'Crying' For The Blues Amid Injury Woes Ahead Of Man Utd Clash, Says Mourinho
- Lamar Odom’s Hope Of Reuniting With Khloe Kardashian Crushed, ‘KUWTK’ Star Reportedly Dating Wiz Khalifa
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier