Chelsea FC Transfer News: PSG to Offer £50million for Blues Winger
By Mark Wayne Eubank | May 20, 2014 10:18 PM EST
French giants Paris Saint-Germain are set to offer £50million to secure the services of Chelsea winger Eden Hazard.
The Belgian international bagged the PFA Young Player of the Year award because of his scintillating performance in the Premier League, tallying a total of fourteen goals and 7 assists this season.
“I prefer it when we speak like this, rather than saying things like: ‘He’s the best and he doesn’t need to work.” - Eden Hazard
He has had a clash with Stamford Bridge boss Jose Mourinho after they were booted out of the Champions League semi-final by Atletico Madrid, pointing on the Special One's lack of emphasis on the attacking end, while the latter questioned the 23-year-old's work rate on defence.
But, it appears that the controversy has been resolved by both of them after Hazard acknowledged that criticism within the team could also produce some positives.
"I prefer it when we speak like this, rather than saying things like: 'He's the best and he doesn't need to work,'" he told Chelsea magazine.
"I want to score more and help the team score more goals and next season I hope we can be better. Sometimes it's good, sometimes it's not so good but I try to always make sure I give my best to help the team, even if I am not having the best game myself."
However, with PSG keen on flexing their financial muscles to snatch the former Lille man, a new test in their relationship awaits.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Report: Duchess Expecting a Baby Girl, Prince William Wants 3 Kids [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 2014 Commonwealth Games Medal Tally: Games are Through Day 5 and Australia Continues to Dominate Count; Day 5 Highlights
- Jeremy Lin, Chandler Parsons React To 'Role Players' Label By James Harden
- Commonwealth Games 2014 Live Stream: Athletics, Swimming Schedule & Results
- Maria Sharapova Overtaken by Eugenie Bouchard in Poll of Sexiest Women in Tennis
- Rafael Nadal To Showcase Vintage Look at US Open - Report
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- Travel at Own Risk; Emirates, Qantas Differ on Flying over Iraq Warzone; Emirates Reroutes, Qantas Pushes On