Confirmed X Box One 'Halo' Franchise: 'Halo 5' In 2015, 'Halo Masterchief Collection' In 2014, Live Stream Channels And Schedules
By Tanya Diente | May 20, 2014 9:36 PM EST
The biggest news for the "Halo" franchise fans this year comes from the official confirmation of a new entry in the "Halo" Series. "Halo 5: Guardians" is coming to Xbox One consoles this 2015, as reported by IGN (photo). The game will be powered by the powerful hardware of the new console using a new game engine, and will run at a steady 60fps. Bonnie Ross, General Manager of 343 Industries, announced via their official blog the Xbox Wire, that fans should look forward to the "Xbox E3 2014 Briefing," which will announce more exciting news regarding their beloved "Halo" franchise. Fans can view the live stream and a pre-show coverage on June 9 at 9:00 a.m. PDT on Xbox.com, Xbox Live, and Windows Phone internationally. They can also watch the show via Spike TV in the U.S. and Canada at 9:30 a.m. PDT.
Halo: Master Chief Collection
According to Engadget, the "Halo" franchise will receive a major makeover as Microsoft and 343 Industries plan to release the "Halo: Master Chief Collection" for the Xbox One this year. The collection will serve to familiarize most players who have not played the first game in the franchise with the series titular hero, "Master Chief". The set will include remastered HD versions of "Halo: Combat Evolved," "Halo 2," "Halo 3," and "Halo 4". While "Halo 3: ODST" and "Halo: Reach" will not be included since these titles do not focus on Master Chief and his exploits.
"Halo" has always been a major franchise for Microsoft and it is the game that pushes console sales every time a new installment is released. "Halo 1: Combat Evolved," "Halo 2," and "Halo 3" as well as the "Halo 3: ODST" and "Halo: Reach," had been developed by the team from Bungie Studios and published by Microsoft. "Halo 4" came out for the Xbox360 on November 6, 2012 developed by 343 Industries and grossed US$220 million on its launch day, and $300 million in its opening week, another first for the franchise. "Halo 4" was able to push the aging Xbox360 console to deliver great graphics, amazing gameplay, and excellent multiplayer earning the praise of a lot of critics namely GameRankings and Metacritic.
Here's a look back at Microsoft's "E3 2013 Event" which showcased a trailer for a new "Halo" title. The short teaser showed Master Chief trudging through a desert-like environment in a poncho.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Australian and Other Select Earth Locations Hold Proofs Life Once Existed On Mars – Report