Liverpool FC Transfer News: West Ham Playmaker Hints on a Possible Anfield Move
By Mark Wayne Eubank | May 20, 2014 8:52 PM EST
West Ham United playmaker Mohamed Diame revealed his desire to move to a top club, particularly, Liverpool, as he believes that it is the right step to take at this point of his career.
“Liverpool? I can’t tell you if I will be a Liverpool player next season. But I think my name is still on their wanted list.” - Mohamed Diame (R)
The 26-year-old has started 29 Premier League games, humbly contributing four goals and two assists to the Hammers, but is versatile enough to take on an attacking role or to move to a deeper role, in front of the defensive line.
"Liverpool? I can't tell you if I will be a Liverpool player next season. But I think my name is still on their wanted list," the Senegal international told the Mirror.
"I don't hide it, I'm ambitious and I want to join a top-six side. I am 26 years old and it's time to take that step."
With a suggested £3.5million release clause, Reds boss Brendan Rodgers will be able to bring in a player to Anfield who has already proven himself in England's top-flight at a bargain.
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Novak Djokovic Receives Peugeot 107 Pedal Car For His Newborn
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS