Liverpool FC Transfer News: West Ham Playmaker Hints on a Possible Anfield Move
By Mark Wayne Eubank | May 20, 2014 8:52 PM EST
West Ham United playmaker Mohamed Diame revealed his desire to move to a top club, particularly, Liverpool, as he believes that it is the right step to take at this point of his career.
“Liverpool? I can’t tell you if I will be a Liverpool player next season. But I think my name is still on their wanted list.” - Mohamed Diame (R)
The 26-year-old has started 29 Premier League games, humbly contributing four goals and two assists to the Hammers, but is versatile enough to take on an attacking role or to move to a deeper role, in front of the defensive line.
"Liverpool? I can't tell you if I will be a Liverpool player next season. But I think my name is still on their wanted list," the Senegal international told the Mirror.
"I don't hide it, I'm ambitious and I want to join a top-six side. I am 26 years old and it's time to take that step."
With a suggested £3.5million release clause, Reds boss Brendan Rodgers will be able to bring in a player to Anfield who has already proven himself in England's top-flight at a bargain.
Join the Conversation
- ‘Floyd Rhymes With Avoid,’ Says Manny Pacquiao
- Boxing Analyst John Scully Says Floyd Mayweather Is Slipping But Manny Pacquiao Won’t Win In Super Fight In 2015
- Freddie Roach Provoking ‘Washed-Up’ Floyd Mayweather Jr., Says Manny Pacquiao Will KO Undefeated American
- DeMarcus Cousins, Omar Casspi Lift Undermanned Sacramento Kings Over New Orleans Pelicans, 99-89
- NFL Thanksgiving Games: Chicago Vs. Detroit, Philadelphia Vs. Dallas, And Seattle Vs. San Francisco Live Streaming Info and Preview
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast