'Better Call Saul' Spinoff Update - One Half of 'The Cousins' in 'Breaking Bad' May Join the Show
By Daniel Joseph Cruz | May 20, 2014 6:37 PM EST
Recently, Daniel Moncada who played Leonel Salamanca, one half of the silent hit men cousins in "Breaking Bad," visited Vince Gilligan in Albequerque, New Mexico. With the recent twitter photo showing Moncada and Gilligan together, fans speculate that "the cousins" might be included in the cast for the upcoming Breaking Bad spinoff "Better Call Saul."
Cast member Bryan Cranston speaks about working on the television show "Breaking Bad" after the show won a Peabody Award in New York May 19, 2014. The Peabody Awards are awarded annually by the University of Georgia to recognize achievement and meritorious public service in television, radio, and on the internet.
Daniel and Luis Moncada who are real-life twins played the role of the silent hit men duo in Breaking Bad TV series. In their very first appearance in Breaking Bad, the cousins Leonel and Marco Salamanca crawled on the floor in the open desert roads in New Mexico as a ritual to killing DEA agent Hank Schrader (Dean Norris) in the story.
Some of the cousins' notable scenes in the show were their first mass murder in the desert, ruthlessly shooting innocent people inside a truck and setting it ablaze. Fans would also remember the cousin's nerving scene when they stood and waited in front of Walter White's (Bryan Cranston) bathroom door about to murder him with a shiny axe.
From time to time, news spread out about old and new actors being included in the cast of the spinoff Better Call Saul. Some actors coming from the original series of Breaking Bad excite fans when they were rumoured to make another appearance.
According to a new report, the show, which is being supervised by former Breaking Bad writer and producer Peter Gould with Vince Gilligan on board as an executive producer, is looking to cast six new roles - Burt, Dr. Thurber, Beth, Eddie, and Zak and Luke. What's in a name? Not much, and sadly that's a pretty accurate description of the information that is available on these characters so far," wrote Screen Rant.
With little details publicly available for Better Call Saul, it's still not certain what role Daniel, and probably his brother Luis will play in the upcoming spinoff, should they be included in the cast. Fans missed the fear they brought to the original Breaking Bad series, and they hope to see it again.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- The Big Bang Theory: Mayim Bialik Talks about Sheldon, Amy Kiss in Season 7 [KISS VIDEO]
- Queen Elizabeth and Kate Middleton Clash Again: Duchess Scared of Difficult Pregnancy, Adopting Second 'Royal' Baby - Reports
- True Blood Spoilers: Alcide Killed because Season 7 is Bill, Sookie’s Season
- The Bold and the Beautiful Spoilers for July 31, 2014: Plans, Conditions and Ultimatums in B&B [WATCH VIDEO]
- Supernatural Season 10 Spoilers: Metatron Capable of Saving Castiel's Fading Grace
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools