'Better Call Saul' Spinoff Update - One Half of 'The Cousins' in 'Breaking Bad' May Join the Show
By Daniel Joseph Cruz | May 20, 2014 6:37 PM EST
Recently, Daniel Moncada who played Leonel Salamanca, one half of the silent hit men cousins in "Breaking Bad," visited Vince Gilligan in Albequerque, New Mexico. With the recent twitter photo showing Moncada and Gilligan together, fans speculate that "the cousins" might be included in the cast for the upcoming Breaking Bad spinoff "Better Call Saul."
Cast member Bryan Cranston speaks about working on the television show "Breaking Bad" after the show won a Peabody Award in New York May 19, 2014. The Peabody Awards are awarded annually by the University of Georgia to recognize achievement and meritorious public service in television, radio, and on the internet.
Daniel and Luis Moncada who are real-life twins played the role of the silent hit men duo in Breaking Bad TV series. In their very first appearance in Breaking Bad, the cousins Leonel and Marco Salamanca crawled on the floor in the open desert roads in New Mexico as a ritual to killing DEA agent Hank Schrader (Dean Norris) in the story.
Some of the cousins' notable scenes in the show were their first mass murder in the desert, ruthlessly shooting innocent people inside a truck and setting it ablaze. Fans would also remember the cousin's nerving scene when they stood and waited in front of Walter White's (Bryan Cranston) bathroom door about to murder him with a shiny axe.
From time to time, news spread out about old and new actors being included in the cast of the spinoff Better Call Saul. Some actors coming from the original series of Breaking Bad excite fans when they were rumoured to make another appearance.
According to a new report, the show, which is being supervised by former Breaking Bad writer and producer Peter Gould with Vince Gilligan on board as an executive producer, is looking to cast six new roles - Burt, Dr. Thurber, Beth, Eddie, and Zak and Luke. What's in a name? Not much, and sadly that's a pretty accurate description of the information that is available on these characters so far," wrote Screen Rant.
With little details publicly available for Better Call Saul, it's still not certain what role Daniel, and probably his brother Luis will play in the upcoming spinoff, should they be included in the cast. Fans missed the fear they brought to the original Breaking Bad series, and they hope to see it again.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Shocking Inside Stories Of Prince Charles and Princess Diana Revealed By Former Press Officer
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Spoilers: Queen Elsa Of 'Frozen' May Not Be The Big Villain (Premiere Date In A Week's Time)
- Another Celebrity Nude Photo Leak: Naked Pics Of Liam Payne And Kim Kardashian Uploaded Online
- Madonna Posts Video Of Son Hailed As Possibly The Next Dancing Prodigy
- Rihanna Nude Photos Leaked – The Fappening 2: Second Wave Of Celebrities Nude Pictures Leak on 4chan And Reddit
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- New Zealand Could Be Next ISIS Target After Australia Beheading Plot, Says Expert
- China Is Also Seizing Disputed Land Along Indian Border