'Better Call Saul' Spinoff Update - One Half of 'The Cousins' in 'Breaking Bad' May Join the Show
By Daniel Joseph Cruz | May 20, 2014 6:37 PM EST
Recently, Daniel Moncada who played Leonel Salamanca, one half of the silent hit men cousins in "Breaking Bad," visited Vince Gilligan in Albequerque, New Mexico. With the recent twitter photo showing Moncada and Gilligan together, fans speculate that "the cousins" might be included in the cast for the upcoming Breaking Bad spinoff "Better Call Saul."
Cast member Bryan Cranston speaks about working on the television show "Breaking Bad" after the show won a Peabody Award in New York May 19, 2014. The Peabody Awards are awarded annually by the University of Georgia to recognize achievement and meritorious public service in television, radio, and on the internet.
Daniel and Luis Moncada who are real-life twins played the role of the silent hit men duo in Breaking Bad TV series. In their very first appearance in Breaking Bad, the cousins Leonel and Marco Salamanca crawled on the floor in the open desert roads in New Mexico as a ritual to killing DEA agent Hank Schrader (Dean Norris) in the story.
Some of the cousins' notable scenes in the show were their first mass murder in the desert, ruthlessly shooting innocent people inside a truck and setting it ablaze. Fans would also remember the cousin's nerving scene when they stood and waited in front of Walter White's (Bryan Cranston) bathroom door about to murder him with a shiny axe.
From time to time, news spread out about old and new actors being included in the cast of the spinoff Better Call Saul. Some actors coming from the original series of Breaking Bad excite fans when they were rumoured to make another appearance.
According to a new report, the show, which is being supervised by former Breaking Bad writer and producer Peter Gould with Vince Gilligan on board as an executive producer, is looking to cast six new roles - Burt, Dr. Thurber, Beth, Eddie, and Zak and Luke. What's in a name? Not much, and sadly that's a pretty accurate description of the information that is available on these characters so far," wrote Screen Rant.
With little details publicly available for Better Call Saul, it's still not certain what role Daniel, and probably his brother Luis will play in the upcoming spinoff, should they be included in the cast. Fans missed the fear they brought to the original Breaking Bad series, and they hope to see it again.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 1, 2014: Hope Reveals Something To Wyatt And Katie Almost Loses A Loved One [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Season 2 Preview: Someone Drops The L Bomb, Marriage Proposal In Season Finale
- “American Horror Story” Season 4 Spoilers: Emma Roberts' Maggie And Evan Peters’ Jimmy Darling To Be In A Romantic Relationship
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5: Human Flesh Burgers Unveiled To Celebrate TWD’s New Season
- George Clooney Divorced Talia Balsam Years Before Getting Married to Amal Alamuddin: Know About Clooney's Ex Wife
- Apple iPhone 6 vs. OnePlus One: With Invitation-Only Model Rested, OnePlus One Can Be A Real Threat To iPhone 6
- 3 Signs Nexus 6, 8 Release Date Nears: Leaked Pics, KitKat Factory Image & Android L Details Emerge
- ISIS Supporters are Walking Among the Many in the United States – Report
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Samsung Aware Of Gap Issue On Galaxy Note 4, Mentions It As Important Manufacturing Feature In Note 4 User Manual
- Airstrikes Against ISIS Has Claimed Innocent Lives In Syria, Dubbed ‘Ineffective’ By Jihadi Fighters, US Military To Ask For More Spending Money
- ISIS Receives Food, Ammunition Due To Mistake Of Iraqi Pilots