Ana Ivanovic Posts Meme Featuring Rivals Serena Williams and Maria Sharapova on Twitter
By Rachelle Corpuz | May 20, 2014 4:09 PM EST
Sports are a great way of staying fit, having fun, and making friends. Three of the greatest female tennis players of the current generation, Ana Ivanovic, Serena Williams, and Maria Sharapova all maintain a healthy friendship despite playing competitive sports, but it shouldn't hurt to tease friends sometimes, right?
Ana Ivanovic of Serbia looks on before the start of her women's singles match against Maria Sharapova at the Rome Masters tennis tournament May 15, 2014. REUTERS/Max Rossi
"Posting a picture like it only reiterates the healthy friendship that she (Ivanovic) shares with both Maria and Serena, despite being fierce rivals on the court," the Web site wrote.
The picture was originally posted by another Twitter user who also posted a meme featuring some of the top male tennis athletes. Ivanonic thought it was "funny" so she shared the pictured on her timeline.
Ivanovic last competed in the 2014 Italian Open where she gave Sharapova's first defeat in clay tournaments. The 26-year-old Serbian athlete reached the quarterfinals before losing to Williams. Ivanovic is expected to take part in the Roland Garros tournament or the French Open, which will take place in Paris, France, from May 25 to June 8.
After participating in the 2014 Italian Open, Ivanovic, who is a UNICEF ambassador, showed her big heart for Serbia by visiting her fellow countrymen who were affected by the recent flooding. She donated $11,791 to a relief fund to extend her support for the victims of the tragedy.
"I find it extremely hard to watch the scale of the disaster that struck Serbia, but I was also touched to see how many people showed their generosity and willingness to help," Ivanovic said on her Web site.
"This donation is only the beginning as I am afraid that the difficult times are yet to come," she added.
The former World No. 1 said that people should work together and make sure that they put in all efforts to be able to outdo the current situation.
Aside from the monetary assistance that Ivanovic gave, she will also be providing "psycho-social support to children and families" who are currently in the evacuation centres.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Purse Split: $100M For American, $60M For Filipino— Report
- Amir Khan Addresses Roach’s Comments That Pacquiao Used To Knock Out The Bolton-Born Boxer During Sparring Sessions
- Boxing Analyst John Scully Says Floyd Mayweather Is Slipping But Manny Pacquiao Won’t Win In Super Fight In 2015
- Meet Paige VanZant, The Next UFC Sensation In The Women's Division
- Michael Schumacher Condition: Manager Sabine Kehm Says The 7-Time World Champion Is Making ‘Progress Appropriate To The Severity Of His Situation’
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft
- Nuclear War: Putin Certain To Launch Battle To Avoid Corruption Charges, Whistleblower Claims