Ana Ivanovic Posts Meme Featuring Rivals Serena Williams and Maria Sharapova on Twitter
By Rachelle Corpuz | May 20, 2014 4:09 PM EST
Sports are a great way of staying fit, having fun, and making friends. Three of the greatest female tennis players of the current generation, Ana Ivanovic, Serena Williams, and Maria Sharapova all maintain a healthy friendship despite playing competitive sports, but it shouldn't hurt to tease friends sometimes, right?
Ana Ivanovic of Serbia looks on before the start of her women's singles match against Maria Sharapova at the Rome Masters tennis tournament May 15, 2014. REUTERS/Max Rossi
"Posting a picture like it only reiterates the healthy friendship that she (Ivanovic) shares with both Maria and Serena, despite being fierce rivals on the court," the Web site wrote.
The picture was originally posted by another Twitter user who also posted a meme featuring some of the top male tennis athletes. Ivanonic thought it was "funny" so she shared the pictured on her timeline.
Ivanovic last competed in the 2014 Italian Open where she gave Sharapova's first defeat in clay tournaments. The 26-year-old Serbian athlete reached the quarterfinals before losing to Williams. Ivanovic is expected to take part in the Roland Garros tournament or the French Open, which will take place in Paris, France, from May 25 to June 8.
After participating in the 2014 Italian Open, Ivanovic, who is a UNICEF ambassador, showed her big heart for Serbia by visiting her fellow countrymen who were affected by the recent flooding. She donated $11,791 to a relief fund to extend her support for the victims of the tragedy.
"I find it extremely hard to watch the scale of the disaster that struck Serbia, but I was also touched to see how many people showed their generosity and willingness to help," Ivanovic said on her Web site.
"This donation is only the beginning as I am afraid that the difficult times are yet to come," she added.
The former World No. 1 said that people should work together and make sure that they put in all efforts to be able to outdo the current situation.
Aside from the monetary assistance that Ivanovic gave, she will also be providing "psycho-social support to children and families" who are currently in the evacuation centres.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Ronda Rousey Rejects Idea of Fight Between A Man And A Woman In The UFC
- Chelsea FC: No 'Crying' For The Blues Amid Injury Woes Ahead Of Man Utd Clash, Says Mourinho
- Lamar Odom’s Hope Of Reuniting With Khloe Kardashian Crushed, ‘KUWTK’ Star Reportedly Dating Wiz Khalifa
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’