Ana Ivanovic Posts Meme Featuring Rivals Serena Williams and Maria Sharapova on Twitter
By Rachelle Corpuz | May 20, 2014 4:09 PM EST
Sports are a great way of staying fit, having fun, and making friends. Three of the greatest female tennis players of the current generation, Ana Ivanovic, Serena Williams, and Maria Sharapova all maintain a healthy friendship despite playing competitive sports, but it shouldn't hurt to tease friends sometimes, right?
Ana Ivanovic of Serbia looks on before the start of her women's singles match against Maria Sharapova at the Rome Masters tennis tournament May 15, 2014. REUTERS/Max Rossi
"Posting a picture like it only reiterates the healthy friendship that she (Ivanovic) shares with both Maria and Serena, despite being fierce rivals on the court," the Web site wrote.
The picture was originally posted by another Twitter user who also posted a meme featuring some of the top male tennis athletes. Ivanonic thought it was "funny" so she shared the pictured on her timeline.
Ivanovic last competed in the 2014 Italian Open where she gave Sharapova's first defeat in clay tournaments. The 26-year-old Serbian athlete reached the quarterfinals before losing to Williams. Ivanovic is expected to take part in the Roland Garros tournament or the French Open, which will take place in Paris, France, from May 25 to June 8.
After participating in the 2014 Italian Open, Ivanovic, who is a UNICEF ambassador, showed her big heart for Serbia by visiting her fellow countrymen who were affected by the recent flooding. She donated $11,791 to a relief fund to extend her support for the victims of the tragedy.
"I find it extremely hard to watch the scale of the disaster that struck Serbia, but I was also touched to see how many people showed their generosity and willingness to help," Ivanovic said on her Web site.
"This donation is only the beginning as I am afraid that the difficult times are yet to come," she added.
The former World No. 1 said that people should work together and make sure that they put in all efforts to be able to outdo the current situation.
Aside from the monetary assistance that Ivanovic gave, she will also be providing "psycho-social support to children and families" who are currently in the evacuation centres.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Amir Khan Says Algieri Doesn’t Have What It Takes To Beat Pacquiao; Khan Reportedly A Top Contender For Mayweather Jr.’s Next Fight Says Mayweather Sr
- WWE Night of Champions Live Streaming Info, Preview and Predictions
- Boxing News 2014: Nevada Commission Summons Mayweather Over Reports Of Marijuana Use In Mansion & No Rest Breaks In Gym
- NFL Week 3: Washington Redskins Vs. Philadelphia Eagles Live Streaming Information And Preview
- Manchester United Transfer News: Van Gaal Hits Back At Guardiola Claiming Every Player He Spoke To Wants Old Trafford Move
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- New Zealand Could Be Next ISIS Target After Australia Beheading Plot, Says Expert
- China Is Also Seizing Disputed Land Along Indian Border
- Xiaomi Mi4 v. Moto X (2014) – Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown