Ana Ivanovic Posts Meme Featuring Rivals Serena Williams and Maria Sharapova on Twitter
By Rachelle Corpuz | May 20, 2014 4:09 PM EST
Sports are a great way of staying fit, having fun, and making friends. Three of the greatest female tennis players of the current generation, Ana Ivanovic, Serena Williams, and Maria Sharapova all maintain a healthy friendship despite playing competitive sports, but it shouldn't hurt to tease friends sometimes, right?
Ana Ivanovic of Serbia looks on before the start of her women's singles match against Maria Sharapova at the Rome Masters tennis tournament May 15, 2014. REUTERS/Max Rossi
"Posting a picture like it only reiterates the healthy friendship that she (Ivanovic) shares with both Maria and Serena, despite being fierce rivals on the court," the Web site wrote.
The picture was originally posted by another Twitter user who also posted a meme featuring some of the top male tennis athletes. Ivanonic thought it was "funny" so she shared the pictured on her timeline.
Ivanovic last competed in the 2014 Italian Open where she gave Sharapova's first defeat in clay tournaments. The 26-year-old Serbian athlete reached the quarterfinals before losing to Williams. Ivanovic is expected to take part in the Roland Garros tournament or the French Open, which will take place in Paris, France, from May 25 to June 8.
After participating in the 2014 Italian Open, Ivanovic, who is a UNICEF ambassador, showed her big heart for Serbia by visiting her fellow countrymen who were affected by the recent flooding. She donated $11,791 to a relief fund to extend her support for the victims of the tragedy.
"I find it extremely hard to watch the scale of the disaster that struck Serbia, but I was also touched to see how many people showed their generosity and willingness to help," Ivanovic said on her Web site.
"This donation is only the beginning as I am afraid that the difficult times are yet to come," she added.
The former World No. 1 said that people should work together and make sure that they put in all efforts to be able to outdo the current situation.
Aside from the monetary assistance that Ivanovic gave, she will also be providing "psycho-social support to children and families" who are currently in the evacuation centres.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Real Life ‘Frozen’: Snow Overwhelms The US, Kills 7; More To Come (Pictures)
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt in Sydney for ‘Unbroken’ Red Carpet Premiere [PHOTOS]
- G20 Summit Awkward Moments: Putin Yawns, Mystery Bubbles Appear, F18 Drama Ensues
Join the Conversation
- Boxing News: Pacquiao And Mayweather Might Meet 'In The First Six Months Of Next Year' - Bob Arum
- Boxing News 2014: Pacquiao Considers Ditching Jessica Sanchez To Sing Philippine National Anthem In Favour Of Born-Again Pastors; Stallone & Schwarzenegger to Watch Bout
- Michael Phelps' Lover Reveals She Was Born Intersex In Lengthy Facebook Post
- 2014 Davis Cup Final: Switzerland Vs. France - Roger Federer Vs. Gael Monfils Live Streaming Info and Preview
- Michael Schumacher Update: Rep Responds To Streiff’s Comments—‘He’s Neither A Friend Nor Has He Ever Visited Him’
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Nexus 6 Release Date And Price Under AT&T, T-Mobile And Sprint Listed
- Cold War 2: Russia, China And North Korea’s Blacklisted Company Fortify Alliance -- Reports