Android Smartphones and Tablets: 7 Tips and Tricks to Recharge Battery Faster and Better
By Ryan Inoyori | May 20, 2014 3:51 PM EST
Smartphones and tablets can take several hours before reaching full battery which is frustrating. In order to help out users who are always on the run, here are some tips to make recharging faster and better without endangering your device.
Airplane mode helps recharging faster by preventing continuous signal search and data transfer from wireless radios. Moreover, turning off your phone will improve charging speed dramatically since the device is not doing anything except to recharge.
Use the Charger
Some people prefer using USB ports in order to charge their devices using a computer but USB 2.0 delivers only half of the power supplied by charging ports. In technical terms, USB 2.0 outputs 0.5 ampere while USB 3.0 raises it to 0.9 which are not enough for the usual 1 ampere demand on smartphones and 2 ampere on tablets.
Alternatively, you can use tablet chargers for your smartphone to speed up recharging. If you don't have any tablets around, buy a wall charger to improve recharging speed of your smartphone. These chargers will not cause any explosion but may heat up your device due to faster power input, so turn off the device for a while.
Dual-Wired USB Port
Some USB cables have two ports which drains twice as much power compared to conventional USB cables. It is handy if you cannot find additional sockets or nearby charging ports.
Computer USB Software
ASUS made the AI charger software that enables the computer motherboard to generate more power when a mobile device is attached for recharging. It is commonly used for Apple devices such as iPad, iPod and iPhone but according to their official Web site it can support selected Android models such as Galaxy S3, Galaxy S4 and Galaxy S5.
USB Charge Booster
ChargeDr is a type of USB charge booster which enables a computer to boost power output. It is capable of recharging smartphones or iPhone two times faster and four times faster on tablets or iPad. However, the hardware add-on will cost you $20 each.
Re-calibration of the battery in regular phases can correct battery statistics appearing on your device. Calibration can be done manually or automatically provided you have the app and root access.
1. Manual calibration is simple but time consuming. Drain the battery until it switches off then recharge up to full without interruption. It is suggested to drain battery using normal methods such as high brightness and longer time-out once it reaches five per cent to prevent damaging the reserved energy.
2. Automatic calibration requires root access for Android and apps are available for free at the Play Store. It is the same with manual except the app will notify when the device reaches full battery.
No matter how much care you do for the battery, its performance will decrease eventually as age, heat and recharge cycle affect overall battery health.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Android L Rollout Prediction: Nexus 4, Moto X, HTC One, Galaxy Note 3, Galaxy S4, LG G2
- PS4 News: An Update On Project Morpheus And 2 More Games Coming To It
- ‘World Of Warcraft Warlords Of Draenor' Patch 6.0.1 Beta Notes Update For The Classes Including Druid, Rogue And Priest [WATCH VIDEO]
- LG G Flex vs. HTC One M8 Specs And Price Comparison In Australia
- ‘GTA 5 Online’ Weekend Event For San Andreas Flight School Update And A Deals With Gold Offer
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists