Android Smartphones and Tablets: 7 Tips and Tricks to Recharge Battery Faster and Better
By Ryan Inoyori | May 20, 2014 3:51 PM EST
Smartphones and tablets can take several hours before reaching full battery which is frustrating. In order to help out users who are always on the run, here are some tips to make recharging faster and better without endangering your device.
Airplane mode helps recharging faster by preventing continuous signal search and data transfer from wireless radios. Moreover, turning off your phone will improve charging speed dramatically since the device is not doing anything except to recharge.
Use the Charger
Some people prefer using USB ports in order to charge their devices using a computer but USB 2.0 delivers only half of the power supplied by charging ports. In technical terms, USB 2.0 outputs 0.5 ampere while USB 3.0 raises it to 0.9 which are not enough for the usual 1 ampere demand on smartphones and 2 ampere on tablets.
Alternatively, you can use tablet chargers for your smartphone to speed up recharging. If you don't have any tablets around, buy a wall charger to improve recharging speed of your smartphone. These chargers will not cause any explosion but may heat up your device due to faster power input, so turn off the device for a while.
Dual-Wired USB Port
Some USB cables have two ports which drains twice as much power compared to conventional USB cables. It is handy if you cannot find additional sockets or nearby charging ports.
Computer USB Software
ASUS made the AI charger software that enables the computer motherboard to generate more power when a mobile device is attached for recharging. It is commonly used for Apple devices such as iPad, iPod and iPhone but according to their official Web site it can support selected Android models such as Galaxy S3, Galaxy S4 and Galaxy S5.
USB Charge Booster
ChargeDr is a type of USB charge booster which enables a computer to boost power output. It is capable of recharging smartphones or iPhone two times faster and four times faster on tablets or iPad. However, the hardware add-on will cost you $20 each.
Re-calibration of the battery in regular phases can correct battery statistics appearing on your device. Calibration can be done manually or automatically provided you have the app and root access.
1. Manual calibration is simple but time consuming. Drain the battery until it switches off then recharge up to full without interruption. It is suggested to drain battery using normal methods such as high brightness and longer time-out once it reaches five per cent to prevent damaging the reserved energy.
2. Automatic calibration requires root access for Android and apps are available for free at the Play Store. It is the same with manual except the app will notify when the device reaches full battery.
No matter how much care you do for the battery, its performance will decrease eventually as age, heat and recharge cycle affect overall battery health.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge: Top Reasons To Upgrade From Galaxy Note 3 Or Galaxy Note 2
- Android 5.0 L November And December Rollout: Android One, Nexus, Google Play, Galaxy S5, Galaxy Note 4
- 'Dragon Age: Inquisition' Warrior, Rogue, Mage Gameplay And Combat Strategies
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ And ‘Rogue’ Updates: More Revealed For Co-Op, Collector’s Edition And Possible PC Debut
- iOS 8 Bugs: Minor, Moderate And Serious Issues Why Users Should Not Upgrade Immediately
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best