‘Middle Earth’ Shadow of Mordor - New Trailer Shows Gameplay Features
By Sachin Trivedi | May 20, 2014 3:37 PM EST
A new trailer of "Middle Earth" Shadow of Mordor gives viewers a glimpse of some of the gameplay features. The video focuses on the weapons wielded by the protagonist Talion and their upgrades.
"Middle Earth" Shadow of Mordor follows the story of Talion, a ranger who is brought back to life and seeks to get revenge on his enemy - Sauron. In the story of the game Talion's family is killed by Sauron and a spirit resurrects him from death and also gives him powers.
The weapons wielded by Talion can be upgraded using runes in the game. The most important runes can be picked up by killing the chieftains of Sauron's army. The task may be a little difficult, as viewers will see in the video, but the effort will be worth it to acquire the rune.
A chief in Sauron's army is surrounded by body guards, making it difficult to get to him. After killing of the chief an epic rune will be revealed that can be picked up by the player for some increased fire power against the enemy.
There are essentially two skill sets for a player in "Middle Earth" Shadow of Mordor, the first is that of a ranger, which includes fighting skills and the second is the Wraith Skills, which include reading the mind of a target or turning a target into a minion.
Turning a target into a minion gives the player the option to call upon the minion to fight for the player at a crucial time. This can come in handy when facing multiple adversaries in a particular battle.
Reading a target's mind will reveal the connection of the target with other enemies in the game. The ability will also lead to better understanding the hierarchy among the Orcs and may also lead to the player discovering new secrets and clues that will be important during the game.
"Middle Earth" Shadow of Mordor has an interesting gameplay feature where the player can expect some of the characters in the game to come back after levelling up to hunt the player. Each encounter in the game is recorded and the character which has the closest relation with the player may come back as a big enemy, giving the player a much more interactive environment and a more personalised gameplay experience.
'Dragon Age' Inquisition: The Fortress of Adamant [Watch Trailer] [Read]
'Star Wars' 7 Star Carrie Fisher Had to Lose 18 Kgs for the Film [Read]
'Jurassic World' - What We Know So Far [Watch Trailer] [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Android L 5.0 Eligible And Ineligible Devices: Nexus Gadgets, Google Play Edition And Android One
- Know More About ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Team Aqua And Magma, Pokemon Bank and Global Link
- 'Dragon Age: Inquisition' Warrior, Rogue, Mage Gameplay And Combat Strategies
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ And ‘Rogue’ Updates: More Revealed For Co-Op, Collector’s Edition And Possible PC Debut
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Release Dates Set To Hit 3 Areas As Early As September
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet