“Minecraft TU16” Fix List and Release Date, New Minecraft Realms Announcement and New Snapshot 14w20b Teased
By Gel Galang | May 20, 2014 3:22 PM EST
"Minecraft Xbox 360" developer 4J Studios has just announced that the "Minecraft" TU16 patch is now out for the Xbox 360.
The complete list of Bug Fix List for "Minecraft" TU16 has also been posted over at the Minecraft Forums, and it's expected that this will be the same list for both the "Minecraft PS3 and Xbox 360" versions.
Most of the bug fixes include invisibility modes, ability to attach and breed, streaming music, non-loading chunks in maps, taming wolves, and damage decals. The full list can be seen in the link above. As far as the "Minecraft PS3" TU16 is concerned, this is what the developer has to say after talks with Sony:
New Snapshot Out, Mostly Bug Fixes
Mojang has also released the latest "Minecraft" Snapshot 14w20b, which includes a bug that fixes the mobs that are not spawning naturally in the game.
According to the official Mojang web site, this new snapshot has quite a few notable changes, as seen below:
- Caves now generate in deserts & mesas
- Added a new /title command for in-game adventure-map chaptering
- Made tab-list more consistent and a little prettier when using health display objective
- Adjusting fly speed of spectator mode now works vertically too
- If you're stuck outside the world border, you can now walk freely to go back inside
There is also a long list of bug fixes coming in with this update, all detailed in the link above. The developers are keeping their lines open for bug finds, which can be reported here.
Minecraft Realms is Now Out Worldwide
"Minecraft" players on the PC and Mac can now gain access to the paid subscription service Minecraft Realms, as developer Mojang announced its availability worldwide.
Since "Minecraft" is looking at releases in various more platforms, the developer has also confirmed that it's working on the other platforms to ensure the release of the Minecraft Realms service beyond the PC and Mac.
Minecraft Realms is possibly the safest way to play the game online, since only invited payers can get on your Realms server, especially if you are hosting it. This would work best for parents with kids who love "Minecraft"- ensures that they play with their friends and not random strangers online.
"Whether you're building, adventuring, or competing in one of our featured mini-games, Realms servers are easy to set up and available 24/7," according to the official Minecraft Realms web site.
There's also the bonus that you can automatically back up your worlds at regular intervals and have the host restore a Realm to any saved state. You can also invite up to 10 players at any time, with 20 players allowed for invite onto the Realms server.
Minecraft Realms is available for only $13 per month, but Mojang is also offering the service in 1, 3 or 6-month packages, with the longer subscriptions getting a bigger discount.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Android 4.4.3 and 4.4.4 KitKat Still Delayed for Samsung Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy S4 and Galaxy Note 3
- PS4 News: 2 Possible Sets of PS Plus Games for August 2014 Leaked and Additional Features for PS4
- HTC One Mini 2 vs. LG G2 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
- GTA V Online: Money-Glitch Ban Goes After Cheaters as a New Zombie DLC Leak is Spotted
- Xbox One News: EA Subscription Effective for Microsoft’s Next-gen Console; Forza Horizon 2 Announces 16 More Cars
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- 5 Food Scandals That Shocked The World
- Iran Leader Asks Muslims to Supply Arms to Palestine, Calls Israel ‘Rapacious Wolf’
- Nexus 6 Likely Confirmed as Motorola 5.9-Inch Phablet on Release Date – Report
- Apple on 5.5-inch iPhone 6 Release Will Not Happen Until 2015 with Stocks Poised to Soar