E3 2014 Gets PS4’s Capcom Game, Xbox One’s ‘Halo: Master Chief Collection’ and Nintendo’s New 3DS Game
By Gel Galang | May 20, 2014 3:18 PM EST
The E3 2014 is an event for games--and it seems that the three biggest rivaling companies are readying new ammo in the games section, starting with the PS4's game from Capcom.
This supposed new game has already been teased previously, as reports trickled in about Capcom's plans about revealing its new game for the PS4 at the E3 2014.
NowGamer reports that the new game, which was spotted via NeoGAF, may be "Resident Evil 7." Based on the translated version of a report from a Japanese web site, it seems that this game can possibly be a PS4 exclusive, strengthened by the fact that this is the only platform mentioned so far.
It would be a pretty new move for Capcom, which seems to have steered clear of the next-gen consoles PS4 and Xbox One, save for one game, "Deep Down" for the PS4. It would be interesting what they have in store for the E3 2014 at this stage of the new console wars.
Master Chief Collection to debut on Xbox One?
With "Halo 5: Guardians" already officially announced for the Xbox One, the interest in the Halo franchise has gone into high gear once more. And since "Halo 5" still has an entire year of development ahead of it, this new finding may be a great way to start up on the "Halo" hype before 2015 arrives.
Engadget has found that the previous installments of "Halo," particularly "Halo: Combat Evolved," "Halo 2," "Halo 3" and "Halo 4" will all be compiled into a Master Chief Collection for the Xbox One.
For now, the platform on which the "Halo: Masterchief Collection" will release on is still under heavy speculation, with Engadget putting two and two together with Saber Interactive, the developer responsible for "Combat Evolved Anniversary" and also an Xbox One title that has yet to be announced.
So far, Microsoft has yet to give any confirmations about this, but E3 2014 would be a great place to extend more Halo-related tidbits.
E3 Introduces New Games from Nintendo
"Super Smash Bros" is an awaited game that's yet to be debuted by Nintendo, and the company is outing more hype to the franchise by allotting 90 whole minutes for announcement of these games at the E3 2014.
Polygon reports that not only will Nintendo hold developer discussions for "Super Smash Bros," it will also be discussing a new game heading to the Nintendo 3DS. The "Super Smash Bros" developer discussion will take place on June 10 with game director Masahiro Sakurai, while the second one will be on June 11. However, both will be invitation-only events.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Halo: Master Chief’ Collection Update Detailed As ‘Halo: Nightfall’ Continues To Roll
- ‘Destiny’ Dev Details Update; New Exotic Weapons Coming And New Speculations On Free Trial
- Official Android 5.0 Lollipop Update For HTC One Google Play Editions Delayed Due To New Software Request
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Guide: Continuous Breeding, Must See Places And TwitchPlays Pokemon Activity
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 New Update Brings Performance And Stability Improvements
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James