Adidas Shoes Gets Creative With Instagram
By Tanya Diente | May 20, 2014 3:00 PM EST
Adidas and Nike are two of the world's top sports apparel brands. Footwear remains an essential part of their business.
Both companies offer customization for their footwear, particularly Adidas with Mi Adidas and Nike with Nike ID. They allow customers to choose from a wide variety of colors, materials used, and the option to have their name and/or number stitched onto the shoe. This provides a wide range of customization, giving their customers an enjoyable and satisfying experience while personalizing their gears.
Shoes from Adidas, the world's second largest sports apparel firm, are displayed before the company annual general meeting in the northern Bavarian town of Fuerth near Nuremberg May 8, 2014.
PCMag said the app will be available for both Apple iOS and Android OS platforms, and is expected to be available for download anytime this August. The application will allow users to have any of their Instagram photos printed on their ordered shoes. The shoe model confirmed to be available for this service so far is the Adidas ZX Flux Sneaker (photo).
Engadget posted sample photos of the customized shoes which can be viewed here (gallery). As exciting as this announcement may be for sneaker collectors and brand loyalists, Adidas has not yet given any further details as to how the app and the entire ordering process will work.
In the meantime, below is a glimpse of the sample shoe customization from Adidas.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Kendall Jenner Eyed As New ModelCo Brand Ambassador Alongside Rosie Huntington-Whiteley
- 5 Hollywood Trends That Need To Stop Now
- Miss America 2015: Kira Kazantsev Dissed For Her Cup Talent, Fans Embarrassed
- Kim Kardashian Wows Hundreds Of Fans During Appearance In Westfield Parramatta, Australia
- Kris Jenner's Wardrobe Malfunction As She Supports Kendall Jenner At V Magazine Party
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect