Adidas Shoes Gets Creative With Instagram
By Tanya Diente | May 20, 2014 3:00 PM EST
Adidas and Nike are two of the world's top sports apparel brands. Footwear remains an essential part of their business.
Both companies offer customization for their footwear, particularly Adidas with Mi Adidas and Nike with Nike ID. They allow customers to choose from a wide variety of colors, materials used, and the option to have their name and/or number stitched onto the shoe. This provides a wide range of customization, giving their customers an enjoyable and satisfying experience while personalizing their gears.
Shoes from Adidas, the world's second largest sports apparel firm, are displayed before the company annual general meeting in the northern Bavarian town of Fuerth near Nuremberg May 8, 2014.
PCMag said the app will be available for both Apple iOS and Android OS platforms, and is expected to be available for download anytime this August. The application will allow users to have any of their Instagram photos printed on their ordered shoes. The shoe model confirmed to be available for this service so far is the Adidas ZX Flux Sneaker (photo).
Engadget posted sample photos of the customized shoes which can be viewed here (gallery). As exciting as this announcement may be for sneaker collectors and brand loyalists, Adidas has not yet given any further details as to how the app and the entire ordering process will work.
In the meantime, below is a glimpse of the sample shoe customization from Adidas.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Top 3 Nail Art Designs For Halloween 2014
- Top 3 Halloween 2014 Makeup Looks To Try
- Designer Tom Ford Talks About Living In Early Days Of AIDS Epidemic, 'Cancer Was Something To Celebrate'
- Miranda Kerr And Orlando Bloom 'Love And Care For Each Other'
- Kim Kardashian, Kanye West And Baby North West Makes Up André Leon Talley 'First Fashion Family'
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery