Adidas Shoes Gets Creative With Instagram
By Tanya Diente | May 20, 2014 3:00 PM EST
Adidas and Nike are two of the world's top sports apparel brands. Footwear remains an essential part of their business.
Both companies offer customization for their footwear, particularly Adidas with Mi Adidas and Nike with Nike ID. They allow customers to choose from a wide variety of colors, materials used, and the option to have their name and/or number stitched onto the shoe. This provides a wide range of customization, giving their customers an enjoyable and satisfying experience while personalizing their gears.
Shoes from Adidas, the world's second largest sports apparel firm, are displayed before the company annual general meeting in the northern Bavarian town of Fuerth near Nuremberg May 8, 2014.
PCMag said the app will be available for both Apple iOS and Android OS platforms, and is expected to be available for download anytime this August. The application will allow users to have any of their Instagram photos printed on their ordered shoes. The shoe model confirmed to be available for this service so far is the Adidas ZX Flux Sneaker (photo).
Engadget posted sample photos of the customized shoes which can be viewed here (gallery). As exciting as this announcement may be for sneaker collectors and brand loyalists, Adidas has not yet given any further details as to how the app and the entire ordering process will work.
In the meantime, below is a glimpse of the sample shoe customization from Adidas.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Drag Queen Conchita Wurst Models in Designer Clothes for Latest Issue of CR Fashion Book
- Gisele Bundchen Tops Forbes' Highest Paid Model List: Cara Delevingne, Karlie Kloss are New Entrants
- Kourtney Kardashian Reveals Her Healthy and Organic Lifestyle, Talks About Pregnancy Cravings
- Miranda Kerr Broke Her Silence: Not Pregnant With James Packard’s Baby [PHOTOS]
- Kim Kardashian Shares A Preview Of Her Looks For Upcoming Hype Energy Drink Commercial
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- Companies Push Back IPO Plans Due to Mega Alibaba Share Launch
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Release Date Update: 4 Feature Upgrades That Really Matter