Adidas Shoes Gets Creative With Instagram
By Tanya Diente | May 20, 2014 3:00 PM EST
Adidas and Nike are two of the world's top sports apparel brands. Footwear remains an essential part of their business.
Both companies offer customization for their footwear, particularly Adidas with Mi Adidas and Nike with Nike ID. They allow customers to choose from a wide variety of colors, materials used, and the option to have their name and/or number stitched onto the shoe. This provides a wide range of customization, giving their customers an enjoyable and satisfying experience while personalizing their gears.
Shoes from Adidas, the world's second largest sports apparel firm, are displayed before the company annual general meeting in the northern Bavarian town of Fuerth near Nuremberg May 8, 2014.
PCMag said the app will be available for both Apple iOS and Android OS platforms, and is expected to be available for download anytime this August. The application will allow users to have any of their Instagram photos printed on their ordered shoes. The shoe model confirmed to be available for this service so far is the Adidas ZX Flux Sneaker (photo).
Engadget posted sample photos of the customized shoes which can be viewed here (gallery). As exciting as this announcement may be for sneaker collectors and brand loyalists, Adidas has not yet given any further details as to how the app and the entire ordering process will work.
In the meantime, below is a glimpse of the sample shoe customization from Adidas.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Beauty Secrets Of Jennifer Lopez Revealed As Singer Gears Up For American Music Awards
- After Estee Lauder, Kendal Jenner Now Bags Karl Lagerfeld Campaign In Less Than A Week
- Ryan Gosling Turned Down 'Sexiest Man Alive' Title, Feels He Is 'Too Serious' For It
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- Austin Mahone Looks Drool Worthy On Teen Vogue, Opens Up About Girlfriend Camilla Cabello