LG Releases G Pad 7.0, G Pad 8.0 and G Pad 10.1: What to Expect
By Precious Silva | May 20, 2014 2:29 PM EST
LG has released three devices under its G Pad series. The latest slates from the company come in different sizes offering consumers more options. Last September, LG announced its LG G Pad 8.3. The has market responded positively to the slate. With the success of the previous model, can the three variants be a success as well?
Journalists look at the new LG G2 smart phone following its debut at a news conference in New York.
The new G Pad devices are G Pad 7.0, G Pad 8.0 and G Pad 10.1. President and CEO of LG Electronics Mobile Communications Company explained why the company chose to release three variants: "Customers tell us that they want a wider range of devices that offer sizable screens without compromising portability."
"Unlike smartphones, tablets are not one size fits all. So we designed the G Pad Series for a diverse target audience, some who prioritize portability while others want the best multimedia experience possible. G Pad delivers on all counts."
According to a report by Hexus, the specs of the three tablets should not be far from the LG G Pad 8.3. The existing G Pad runs on a 1.7GHz Snapdragon 600 quad-core processor with 16GB internal storage and 2GB RAM. It also offers 1920x1200 pixels in resolution and 273ppi in pixel density.
According to a press release by LG, the G Pad 7.0 cater to one-hand operations. It is a small slate ideal for people looking for a functional but portable device. The G Pad 8.0, on the other hand, is a mid-sized device ideal for users looking for a multitasking unit with excellent multimedia features. Lastly, the G Pad 10.1 comes with the largest battery and display. The 10-inch slate matches people looking for long hours of fun and entertainment on a portable device.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles