John Stamos Slams Blogger Who Called Sitcoms ‘Dumb TV’
By Anne Lu | May 20, 2014 2:24 PM EST
John Stamos became a household name by starring in a sitcom from the late ‘80s to ‘90s, so it’s not surprising when he got a little miffed by a blogger who called sitcoms “dumb TV.”
The 50-year-old actor, who is still known as Uncle Jesse from “Full House,” replied to an opinion piece in The Huffington Post, which even has a photo of the whole cast from his show.
Annelia Alex wrote in her piece titled “The Lies I Learned From Dumb TV” that television shows that she had watched when she was 12 to 14 years old were full of lies.
She cited examples of how “dumb TV’ had lied to her. Contrary to what was shown in “Full House,” “Friends,” Two Guys, A Girl and a Pizza Place,” and “Will & Grace,” no one chased after her when she got upset and flee a situation. It was also impossible for her to work in a coffee shop as a waitress and afford a 1,100 sq ft apartment in Manhattan, and it was highly unlikely that the good-looking person across the hall from her apartment would be attracted to her.
“They distorted my expectations for reality,” the blogger wrote.
As one of the stars of “dumb TV,” Stamos quickly defended the genre, telling the author that she just wasn’t “bright enough to take the good” from the shows.
“annelia, if you hadn’t watched those check mix shows like FULL HOUSE you wouldn’t have been open minded and bright enough to write an article like you just did – on the other hand – don’t blame the way your life turned out because of TGIF,” Stamos wrote on his Facebook page, referring to the sitcom line-up on ABC network back in the ‘90s.
“if you’re lucky enough to have kids – maybe you should have them watch re-runs of Breaking Bad 0 see how that turns out. i get what you’re saying – i agree we did some silly unrealistic stuff-and maybe it’s not the way everyday families are today – ALTHOUGH – more so now then when we made the show – meaning, more broken families, same sex parents- let’s focus on that and not the unrealistic stuff because the happiness that these shows have brought to peoples lives – i’ve felt that more first hadn than i’m sure you have... also – i bet more good than bad came out of those shows.
“sorry it didn’t turn out that way for you annelia or you simply just weren’t bright enough to take the good from what we did and laugh at the rest.” (sic)
Alex responded to Stamos in a new post that includes “hyperbole, over-the-top exaggeration” that she used to make the point that “hypersensitive Americans will be outraged by nearly anything you say or print.”
“Thank you John and friends, I applaud you for advocating wholesome programming and shaming me, a cynic and obvious failure-at-life,” she wrote.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 9/11 Dust Cloud Most Likely Have Created Pregnancy Issues: Celebrities Who Posed Nude During Pregnancy
Join the Conversation
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Han Solo's Super Star Destroyer, Costumes And Weapons
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’: Top 5 Revelations Of Season 8
- 'NCIS' Season 12 Spoilers: Ziva David Out, Tony's New Love Could be Stephanie Jacobsen's Leia; Troian Bellisario Teases 'Reunion' Photo
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse' : Wolverine's Costume's Leaked Image Hints to Traditional Look, Hugh Jackman to Play the Character Till Scripts Excite Him
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Tatooine Set Leaked, Reveals Tusken Raiders Huts
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- iPhone 6 Release Date Remains On Course for Sept-Oct 2014 as Apple Delays iWatch Debut to 2015
- After James Foley, ISIL Threatens to Behead Another American Journalist Steven Sotloff