John Stamos Slams Blogger Who Called Sitcoms ‘Dumb TV’
By Anne Lu | May 20, 2014 2:24 PM EST
John Stamos became a household name by starring in a sitcom from the late ‘80s to ‘90s, so it’s not surprising when he got a little miffed by a blogger who called sitcoms “dumb TV.”
The 50-year-old actor, who is still known as Uncle Jesse from “Full House,” replied to an opinion piece in The Huffington Post, which even has a photo of the whole cast from his show.
Annelia Alex wrote in her piece titled “The Lies I Learned From Dumb TV” that television shows that she had watched when she was 12 to 14 years old were full of lies.
She cited examples of how “dumb TV’ had lied to her. Contrary to what was shown in “Full House,” “Friends,” Two Guys, A Girl and a Pizza Place,” and “Will & Grace,” no one chased after her when she got upset and flee a situation. It was also impossible for her to work in a coffee shop as a waitress and afford a 1,100 sq ft apartment in Manhattan, and it was highly unlikely that the good-looking person across the hall from her apartment would be attracted to her.
“They distorted my expectations for reality,” the blogger wrote.
As one of the stars of “dumb TV,” Stamos quickly defended the genre, telling the author that she just wasn’t “bright enough to take the good” from the shows.
“annelia, if you hadn’t watched those check mix shows like FULL HOUSE you wouldn’t have been open minded and bright enough to write an article like you just did – on the other hand – don’t blame the way your life turned out because of TGIF,” Stamos wrote on his Facebook page, referring to the sitcom line-up on ABC network back in the ‘90s.
“if you’re lucky enough to have kids – maybe you should have them watch re-runs of Breaking Bad 0 see how that turns out. i get what you’re saying – i agree we did some silly unrealistic stuff-and maybe it’s not the way everyday families are today – ALTHOUGH – more so now then when we made the show – meaning, more broken families, same sex parents- let’s focus on that and not the unrealistic stuff because the happiness that these shows have brought to peoples lives – i’ve felt that more first hadn than i’m sure you have... also – i bet more good than bad came out of those shows.
“sorry it didn’t turn out that way for you annelia or you simply just weren’t bright enough to take the good from what we did and laugh at the rest.” (sic)
Alex responded to Stamos in a new post that includes “hyperbole, over-the-top exaggeration” that she used to make the point that “hypersensitive Americans will be outraged by nearly anything you say or print.”
“Thank you John and friends, I applaud you for advocating wholesome programming and shaming me, a cynic and obvious failure-at-life,” she wrote.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- ‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Final Season] Update: Jon Hamm Talks About Surprises And Things Looking Up
- Nina Dobrev Moves On From Ian Somerhalder: ‘TVD’ Actress Trying To Reconcile With Ex, ‘DWTS’ Star Derek Hough—Report Suggests
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Casting: Brothel Guard, Military Officer And More
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Skyler Samuels Roped In To Play Pivotal Role, Extended Teaser Released [VIDEO]
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best