NBA Trade News: Jeremy Lin Likely Heading To Timberwolves, Rockets To Use JLin, Chandler Parsons, Omer Asik in Package For Kevin Love
By Lou Ramon Aguila | May 20, 2014 11:15 AM EST
NBA Trade Rumors - The Houston Rockets are reportedly trying to make some noise this off season, and apparently, one player certainly on top of their wish list is Kevin Love, who is reportedly asking an exit from the Minnesota Timberwolves.
James Harden and Jeremy Lin will look to lead the Houston Rockets past the Oklahoma City Thunder
After another first-round disappoint in the postseason, the Rockets are out to retool their lineup this summer, as they look to get some elite acquisitions through free-agency and trade market.
New York Knicks Carmelo Anthony will likely become the biggest name in the free-agency market, but the Rockets can also land a jackpot on the trading front, where Love is becoming a big target for multiple championship contenders.
Love, who averaged 26.1 points and 12.5 rebounds per game last season, is attracting interest from the NY Knicks, Golden State Warriors, Boston Celtics, Los Angeles Lakers, Chicago Bulls, Phoenix Suns and the Rockets.
These past few months there have been reports about Love's preference to return home and play with the Lakers, while others indicated the power forward's interest in pairing up with Team USA teammate and All-Star Carmelo Anthony in the big apple.
However, several analysts believe the Rockets have the assets to pull off a blockbuster trade with the Timberwolves. With Omer Asik, Jeremy Lin, Chandler Parsons and a handful of draft picks in the fold, Houston can certainly send a competitive package for Wolves GM Flip Saunders to consider.
The Timberwolves executive has already expressed interest in parting ways with Love, but a trade is unlikely to take place before the upcoming NBA Draft.
"For the first time, [Saunders] sounds like looking at deals for [Love] is an option," one rival executive told Yahoo Sports," according to NBA insider Adrian Wojnarowski.
Why Jeremy Lin should be in the package for Love?
It's very clear that Lin needs a fresh environment to take his career to another level. The Rockets don't give him the opportunity to thrive because he has to bear playing alongside a volume shooter like James Harden.
Getting Lin would be an upgrade for the Wolves, who have been sticking with floor general but lesser-talented scorer Ricky Rubio. In addition, the T-Wolves can form an exciting backcourt duo of Rubio and Lin, emanating the wonders Jeff Hornacek did in his first season with the Phoenix Suns, which have explosive guards Eric Bledsoe and Goran Dragic.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28