NBA Trade News: Jeremy Lin Likely Heading To Timberwolves, Rockets To Use JLin, Chandler Parsons, Omer Asik in Package For Kevin Love
By Lou Ramon Aguila | May 20, 2014 11:15 AM EST
NBA Trade Rumors - The Houston Rockets are reportedly trying to make some noise this off season, and apparently, one player certainly on top of their wish list is Kevin Love, who is reportedly asking an exit from the Minnesota Timberwolves.
James Harden and Jeremy Lin will look to lead the Houston Rockets past the Oklahoma City Thunder
After another first-round disappoint in the postseason, the Rockets are out to retool their lineup this summer, as they look to get some elite acquisitions through free-agency and trade market.
New York Knicks Carmelo Anthony will likely become the biggest name in the free-agency market, but the Rockets can also land a jackpot on the trading front, where Love is becoming a big target for multiple championship contenders.
Love, who averaged 26.1 points and 12.5 rebounds per game last season, is attracting interest from the NY Knicks, Golden State Warriors, Boston Celtics, Los Angeles Lakers, Chicago Bulls, Phoenix Suns and the Rockets.
These past few months there have been reports about Love's preference to return home and play with the Lakers, while others indicated the power forward's interest in pairing up with Team USA teammate and All-Star Carmelo Anthony in the big apple.
However, several analysts believe the Rockets have the assets to pull off a blockbuster trade with the Timberwolves. With Omer Asik, Jeremy Lin, Chandler Parsons and a handful of draft picks in the fold, Houston can certainly send a competitive package for Wolves GM Flip Saunders to consider.
The Timberwolves executive has already expressed interest in parting ways with Love, but a trade is unlikely to take place before the upcoming NBA Draft.
"For the first time, [Saunders] sounds like looking at deals for [Love] is an option," one rival executive told Yahoo Sports," according to NBA insider Adrian Wojnarowski.
Why Jeremy Lin should be in the package for Love?
It's very clear that Lin needs a fresh environment to take his career to another level. The Rockets don't give him the opportunity to thrive because he has to bear playing alongside a volume shooter like James Harden.
Getting Lin would be an upgrade for the Wolves, who have been sticking with floor general but lesser-talented scorer Ricky Rubio. In addition, the T-Wolves can form an exciting backcourt duo of Rubio and Lin, emanating the wonders Jeff Hornacek did in his first season with the Phoenix Suns, which have explosive guards Eric Bledsoe and Goran Dragic.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- Chris Algieri Exposed, Criticised For Lack Of Desire To Win Against Manny Pacquiao
- Arum Says Pacquiao's Victory vs Algieri May Cause Mayweather To Say ‘No’ To Dream Match
- Boxing News: Manny Pacquiao 'Ready' To Fight Floyd Mayweather In 2015 Following Algieri Win
- Freddie Roach Asks Manny Pacquiao Not To Beat Up Algieri Too Badly So Mayweather Will Not Be Scared And Agree To Super Fight
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide